DX4e with Naza V2
2585 7 2015-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fjrn
lvl.1

United States

I have been flying quads and planes for a long time now, I have many rc controllers but never bought a large 9 channel or what not since the days of FM radios. I do have them still.

I been flying my 550 Alien frame quad with DX4e (which is actually six channel) ar600 reciever ,Emax 25ax4 Esc and standard motors , the flight controller was a KK V2.1 but i wanted higher stability and better flyability for FPV flight. I bought the NAZA M V2. All was going well with programing till the part where you need to set up the 3 postion switch in Control Mode Switch.

The DX4e is full close to centered and full reverse and these end points cant be trimmed to meet the GPS FAILSAFE and ATTI needs to turn on the aircraft , everything else seems to check out.

I really dont wish to go out and buy a $200 controller after buying a Naza and my wife would kill me.
The old high channel FM's I have dont have end point adjustments for these switches either.

Ive scoured the web and forum after forum for a solution but none seem to show up its as if no one has ever flown a Naza controlled with the DX4e, this just cant be since its the most producted controller in modern times.

HELP!
I solved my own thread here scroll down a few post to see how i did it. ,at least it works without gps so you get alti mode and can use your cheaptastic DX4e. Horrah!

2015-4-18
Use props
fjrn
lvl.1

United States

Well since no one can help and it seems hopeless after TOns upon TOns of searching i went ahead and bought the DX6 so ill be fine.
MY wife might kill me if she knew but well all rc stuff looks the same right?
2015-4-22
Use props
fjrn
lvl.1

United States

I have another Naza coming and with a craft made of spare parts im going to test the ability to bind my dx6 set up the craft set it up then rebind it to my dx4 this should allow me to fly with the dx4 even thou you cant get thru set up since the switches are end point adjustable. and you have to set up certain functions to make it thru set up.
These switches are then left in atli mode and nothing else special and since im not using a gps it does not need to be in gps alti mode. and ill never fly it in manual mode since the alti mode is the thing that makes the Naza sweeter than any other throttle fighting kk or cc3d. Im hopeful my Full naze32 (flip) will fly stable since it also has baro Alti mode. but the flip is going on my Y4 since the Naza dont Y4.
2015-6-12
Use props
fjrn
lvl.1

United States

Spare quad (my sons) is a 450 hf knockoff it has the cheapo 2212 motors and cheapo esc's, a orange rx ar615 and was flying barly with a kk 2.1 the one with the case and separate tuner.
I bought a Naza lite and he wanted to fly this quad with alti mode ,no gps since the chores aint getting done fast enough.

Anyhow it seems you can use the DX4e with the Naza lite but you have to trick it. so you need a friend a buddy or dad that will hook up all 5 needed channels with there dx6-9 or other high quality remote.
you set the copter up according to the many directions on the internet or here in the forums. making sure you can tune the channel 5 to failsafe alti and manual.
1. when set up, fly it with the borrowed remote.
2.land, take it in and rebind it to the DX4e
3.put it back in the naza lite program and you'll find the channel5 no longer works , this is where the trick is
4 now unplug channel 5 and it centers up with Alti mode its now locked into alti mode.
5 recalibrate the remote and make sure you have your stick direction right.
6 go fly in alti mode and enjoy your cheaper than dirt quad copter with a DJI and DX4e

It might also be possible to add a dial where the 3 position which is if you want to add GPS but thats another thread all in its self.

Frame   $10 450X
DX4e    $50 Remote
Orange $15 reciever
motors $27 2212's Mystery
Esc's    $25 25 amp Mystery
Naza    $55 lite no GPS
Props   $30 APC 10 4.5 from LHS (local hobby store)
Battery $20 2200MAh  from LHS
Charger$18 Clone balance charger
total$   $250 for a complete non used 450X with everything needed to fly and fly well like it should all prices included shipping and most parts where bought in the USA not bad at all.
I think it would be very difficult to built a True ARF for any cheaper

450 arf for $250

450 arf for $250
2015-6-15
Use props
fjrn
lvl.1

United States

Since tihs issue is solved I thought it would be to say I would use
1. Alien HF useful frame since its bigger and costs oly 2 dollars more.   $12
2. DJi screw on prop adapter motors nicer and much better balanced   $35
3. DJI type blades they are cheaper and better balanced                           $12
4. 4n1 20 or 25 amp ESC or BLHeli 20 ESC these are very small   $35 or $50
5. Naza lite M of coarse since its awesome and just works no fiddling    $55
6. Battery 2200 MAH 11.1 or slightly larger 3800 14.4                                 $20
7. Charger B6 clone charger                                                                             $18
8. Turnigy 6 channel computer remote. since functions of dx4 suck      $100
now you got a real nice copter for about $300 instead of the $250 with crammed frame and no ability to add GPS
The remote could fly many models instead of just one but if you have a DX4e laying around you can still use it and save 100 bucks if you have a charger and some batteries its getting cheaper yet.
The Alien frame is so much better since its bigger and all your electronics can fit inboard but of coarse the copter pictured above was built out of spare stuff laying around exept the Naza which i purhased to make it fly well so my son can learn to fly , Its a great beater.
MY other thought would be to make Water proof Copter that can fly in foul weather or over rivers oceans and lakes without fear of drowning ,out of old parts might just have to do that and report!
2015-7-11
Use props
Vara Prasad
New

India

fjrn@live.com Posted at 2015-6-16 07:13
Spare quad (my sons) is a 450 hf knockoff it has the cheapo 2212 motors and cheapo esc's, a orange r ...

I have DX4 transmitter and Ar6210 rx.. and Naza V M2 flight controller..
Could you please tell me how to bind and setup with DX4 with Naza.. do you have any video for this.. Please help me ...
I am new to this setup ..
Thank you.
Vara
2015-8-28
Use props
fjrn
lvl.1

United States

Vara Prasad Posted at 2015-8-29 01:57
I have DX4 transmitter and Ar6210 rx.. and Naza V M2 flight controller..
Could you please tell me  ...

Well I can only state as i have above to First use a Friends nicer radio do all your set up then rebind the DX4e or DX4 ,, but i may have another workable solution for this issue without friends remote. This one is a little trickier.

0 MOST IMPORTANT Dont have Props on during any part of set up EVER Especially during steps 3-5 As uncontrolled ESC can fire up at any time ,and often will come on without warning, you have been warned.
1 set up Quad as per normal
2 when you get to E,A,T,R sticks simply do the normal thing.
3 when you get to X1, X2 and U ,unplug your E, A and R , and plug them into U, X1 and X2. This will allow you to control them the way to program asks
4 Unplug U ,X1 and X2 and put them back into E, A and R respective to the way they came out.
Finish programming as per normal U will set up on -1000 (stick down) and be in atti. mode always which is ok for stable flying.
5 Be sure to do keep props off till you know everything is finalized and ready for first trial.
2016-5-8
Use props
fanscd86ada3
lvl.1

United States

A few more suggestions to keep you on the cheap. The New Flysky FS-i6S 2.4G radio with touchscreen. Is super nice and a breeze to set up a 6 channel Naza setup, Sells for less than a new DX4 or DXe
I dont recommend the DXe for the Naza since its hard to switch between models and it cant easily tell the difference between your aircraft. Nothing still beats the DX6 or higher but the FS-i6S is a great cheaper alternative. Just make channel U channel 5 and put it on the first 3 position switch., if you use the 10 channel receiver you can put the gimbal on the spring loaded rollers.
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules