Transferring P4P Audio Recording onto Computer?
495 3 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hans Ogren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3499127 ft
United States

Does anyone know a simple method to get the cached audio files from a tablet/iPad that was recorded during a flight transfered onto a computer for use?  The drone recorded/saved video to its onboard mini-SD card, but only the cached video files on my iPad have the audio recorded/attached, which I would like to use on my computer with the mini-SD card's video files.

If anyone knows a simple method to get the audio recording out of the DJI app's cached video from my tablet and onto my computer, let me know.  Thanks!
2018-2-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You can use iTunes to get copies of the video files off your iPad, then use an editing program to only access the audio track. But beware that you might lose sync to some degree, as the video associated with that audio may suffer from transmission glitches and run at a different speed or be shorter in length.
2018-2-10
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You could use a simple video editor and seperate the audio from the video file then save back to hdd as an audio file.
You can then add this audio to the correct file.
Or simply copy the audio from the cache file into the high quality version again using a video editor, to do this will require load both files into the workspace of the video editor.
Simply copy and paste the audio from one file to the other.As geebax mention you may loose sync but you should be able to correct this using a wave editor program.
2018-2-10
Use props
Hans Ogren
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3499127 ft
United States

What I ended up doing was plugging my iPad's headphone port into my computer's microphone port, and hitting audio record on the computer while hitting play on the DJI app's cached video with the audio playing.  There were some glitches in the audio compared to the video on the drone's Mini-SD card (there were occasional 1/2 second audio glitches every minutes or so, and one larger 5 second audio glitch), but it was still better than not having any audio at all.  In the future if I want to record my speech audio during flight to be used in my final video, I'll end up using a little handheld recorder where I can just take the audio file from that card and add it into the video from the drone's card.

Thanks for the advice!
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules