DISAPPEARING POSTS?
1867 26 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of posts have gone missing?

For some reason I have noticed a lot of posts have disappeared. Normally I would consider this a glitch however it does seem to be only those with a DJI criticism. Hopefully this is just a glitch as forum moderation is fine but censorship is a different story.

2015-4-30
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I noticed that too. Seems we have an an overzealous moderator on board
2015-4-30
Use props
gangle
lvl.1
United States

As did mine for Bashing gimbal inadequateness
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-5-1 15:58
I noticed that too. Seems we have an an overzealous moderator on board

That's extremely polite way of putting it.

Ive just spent an hour going through as many posts as I can and DJI have removed anything that they don't like to be made public and that's scary censorship and could end up with some extremely poor press for DJI as now they appear to be acting out of fear.

DJI should take any comments or criticisms as being constructive and useful feedback on how improvements can be made, regardless if the truth hurts a little.

I'm hoping that this censorship hasn't come with DJI approval but from a moderator that has acted independently and doesn't realise the damage this could cause.

If it happens again I will contact Tony Wang and go from there.

In the meantime it would not be unreasonable to expect an apology and explanation.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-1 16:40

Ive just spent an hour going through as many posts as  ...

It's been going on for months,,,
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well it needs to stop
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-1 16:51
Well it needs to stop

This is what i get on a lot of posts that users aren't happy about DJI:

Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit
[ DJI Forum Home ]

They've also went so far its screwed up my account as i get a remind every second saying:You have been admin.admin Banned to Access, Deadline:0 Days(0: On behalf of the permanent banned to Access), reasons:

But they do try to justify the deletions by sending a BS email:
Due to a system glitch, some of your post may be accidentally deleted, we are trying our best to recover them as soon as possible.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thank you
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the other guys will chime in here and help us put a stop to it. After all most of our gripes could be handled with a simple 'We will look into this' or 'that fault has been reported and is under investigation'.  We are sensible enough to understand DJI are suffering from rapid growth pains, however they also need to appreciate that a lot of great work is done via this forum by the sharing of knowledge thus easing up pressures placed on DJI Tech support etc.
In fact the praise, criticism and ideas shared on these forums is worth millions in research alone.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-1 17:22
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the other guys will chime in here and help us put a stop to it. After ...

This seems to be happening across the whole DJI forum, especially the P3 forum as you'll probably know thats the latest product from them hence the posts with disgruntled purchasers
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso

Posting up a conflicting post to this topic &aposLEASE BE AWARE DJI ARE DELETING POSTS THEY DONT LIKE!!!' isn't helping us to try and get this sorted. I'm sure you mean well but lets make this clear we are all work together on this one. Dividing posts down is just going to help those responsible divide and conquer.
I will pop over to the P3 Forum and take a look. Thanks
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-1 17:36
FictitiousPerso

Posting up a conflicting post to this topic &aposLEASE BE AWARE DJI ARE DELETING POSTS ...

Sorry not with you on that one, I'm posting information and about their Censorship.
Now if it was a case of deleting abusive posts etc, i can see their point. They are deleting posts which do have valuable information.

My posts about this is information for the users. DJI can take it how they like and most probably delete it too.

Anyway i hope this gets kicked into touch ASAP
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-1 17:48
Sorry not with you on that one, I'm posting information and about their Censorship.
Now if it was  ...

Mate I'm 100% with you all the way you are exactly right, this is about censorship and biasing the information on the forum.  
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-1 17:58
Mate I'm 100% with you all the way you are exactly right, this is about censorship and biasing the ...

Im the last to moan TBH.
Ive have ZERO issues with any DJI product that hasn't been fixed within reasonably time.

Im sticking my neck out for all of us as i see some serious cases of DJI just not giving a damn.

Yes some people need to learn patience. but to rip down the posts that they don't like is defeating the whole "FORUM" discussion purpose.

People need to see the good and the bad in everything.(thats not happening as they(DJI) are deleting what they don't want them to see.

NOT GOOD
2015-5-1
Use props
rjlgnthn
New

United Kingdom

I am with you guys all the way, something needs to be done
2015-5-1
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Not that this is a justification - it's the opposite - but the problem very likely is cultural. There is no freedom of speech in China, so the concept is likely quite foreign to DJI management.  In China censorship is perfectly normal.  I would imagine they are unprepared for a Western reaction to this sort of thing.

If I'm right, this will be very difficult to address since the behavior may be so deeply ingrained.  It may require that criticisms be expressed on fora that are not under company control.
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Point taken but censorship is unhelpful and not acceptable.

Although this forum is owned by DJI, it is a public forum based on the freedom of the world wide web and one it uses to host its 'Big Events' such as those in New York,London and Munich. I hope that DJI as in the company isn't responsible and this is the work of a maverick moderator whose behavior might just push DJI's clients onto independent forum where they will have no control over the input. Its not as if we receive much in the way of constructive inputs from those representing DJI here. Those who do are probably maxed out themselves and do the best they can.

In the meantime all we can do is make ourselves heard and be as constructive as possible.
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

rjlgnthn@btinte Posted at 2015-5-1 18:08
I am with you guys all the way, something needs to be done

Cheers for the support and welcome to the forum
2015-5-1
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Yeah, it's bullshit !!!

Ed deleted my post on the DJI Speaks thread yesterday suggesting they get the current firmware working properly (b4) they move on to other "features" -

I called him out on the censorship (cause there's no effing PM function) and after he read it, he deleted that too - lol

Bob "DJI is Best Ever" Marley
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-5-1 21:05
Yeah, it's bullshit !!!

Ed deleted my post on the DJI Speaks thread yesterday suggesting they get t ...

'Ed deleted my post on the DJI Speaks thread yesterday suggesting they get the current firmware working properly (b4) they move on to other "features" -'

So what was wrong with that comment? It makes perfect sense to me. Need strong foundations before building a tall building or something is going to go seriously wrong.

Worryingly there has been information deleted that gives users a 'heads up' on possible safety issues not only on design but operator errors, points that could catch one out if not known.

Thanks Bob lets see if we can get this sorted after all its in everyone's interest.
2015-5-1
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Yeah, it's bullshit !!!

Yea, I just don't get it from DJI.  Deleting posts are completely counter productive, and wrong!  I've added to many posts the simple phrase:  "where is DJI in this?" , as there are so little formal feedback on threads!

Not good at all DJI !
2015-5-1
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Yeah, it's bullshit !!!

Yea, I just don't get it from DJI.  Deleting posts are completely counter productive, and wrong!  I've added to many posts the simple phrase:  "where is DJI in this?" , as there are so little formal feedback on threads!

Not good at all DJI !
2015-5-1
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

There was nothing wrong with my comment but it was deleted anyways.
All my "good" comments have been left alone though, go figure!

Bob "going flying now" Marley
2015-5-1
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

my DJI taking to long for repairs are sure go..
2015-5-1
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-5-1 16:40

Ive just spent an hour going through as many posts as  ...

I put a post up yesterday about canceling my P3 order and buying a Solo .I also complained about tech support ,again . My post is still up 24 hours later ,so maybe the problem was sorted out .
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-3 06:21
I put a post up yesterday about canceling my P3 order and buying a Solo .I also complained about t ...

Lets hope so  
2015-5-2
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Cancel the above, just seen Bob's thread has been shut down.

Anyway enough, we've made our point here and lets move on.
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those that are interested, this is not an open forum.  This is DJI's forum.  Please read our rules.  There are other forums that you can participate in that will allow anything to go, but very few of them.  I am mild compared to many of the other mods.  Very few have been banned or suspended.  Yes offending posts have been removed not so much that they are negative to DJI but because they are incorrect or disrespectful of other users.  I have been asked to do more by other users but there are many times I let the posts remain.  You only see what you want to see.  Rockeyes, I agree point made, thread closed.
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules