Phantom 3 First Flight Success but Questions!
9238 12 2015-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Evening all! Got my PRO in today and used my friends Android phone to activate and register. So I have 2 questions his phone is a Brand new HTC One M9 and there was a decent amount of lag in the video playback. Also when going forward pitch and then letting go the quad with pitch rear really fast and then auto level I guess to slow it down? Video is below of that action is that normal? So like most my gimbal protector wasn't secured really good. There was a NICK on the top corner of the 4K camera out the box which kind of stinks but what you gonna do? Ask for a exchange?

unnamed.jpg
2015-5-4
Use props
sgthero
New

United States

Not sure on the P3, but on my P2v i have some latency. And you are correct on your other question regarding going into hover
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Can you pls take a picture of the bar code?
2015-5-4
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

The flight-behavior looks perfect and normal for GPS-mode. When in GPS-mode and you let go of the sticks, it will brake the quad and hover in place (correcting for wind). This is expected - and very useful.

If you put your quadcopter in "ATTI"-mode it will not do the brake and hold-position. If you speed forward in ATTI-mode and let go of the sticks, it will go level and continue to drift - and drift with the wind and in case of no wind, will slowly slow down. In this mode it does not use GPS to keep the quad in place. This is a useful mode as well, however if you're a beginner I would wait a bit with experimenting with that and first getting used to controlling the quad in GPS-mode where you - as you've already learned - can just let go of the sticks if you start getting disoriented or overwhelmed (trust me, that can easily happen with lesser quadcopters that don't have such flying aids).

I'm curious to hear how the camera got that little nick. Was it like that when you got it? It does look purely cosmetic, which is annoying, but likely just a slight production quality oversight, unfortunately. Perhaps DJI would offer you a credit for buying accessories or something, like a prop guard or rebate on an extra batteri? I think I'd try to talk to them about that rather than going thru the hassle of returning the quadcopter. It is likely just a slight imperfection in the aluminium.
2015-5-4
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Camera nick was on there for sure out of the box not sure how because nothing metal was in the box when I opened it. As far the GPS brake and correction my Phantom 2 never did it that extreme in GPS mode so was curios. I'm going to ask DJI for sure about some type of credit possibly.
2015-5-4
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-5 10:46
Can you pls take a picture of the bar code?

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Thank you.
2015-5-4
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

No problem! May I ask why you needed the barcode and do you think DJI will help me out at all? I really would hate to have to swap it out if its not effecting the performance. I wouldn't be against some type of battery or backpack discount?
2015-5-4
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-5-5 11:00
Camera nick was on there for sure out of the box not sure how because nothing metal was in the box w ...

I assume it is due to the P3s more powerful propulsion system? Perhaps we are even seeing the ESC-braking in effect?

I think it looks great and it appears to be a lot more responsive. Dare I say Inspire'ish
2015-5-4
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-5 12:07
I assume it is due to the P3s more powerful propulsion system? Perhaps we are even seeing the ESC- ...

It flys a,asking and fast for sure. Air braking can be adjusted in latest fw from what I read on rcgroups. Just need iOS updates now
2015-5-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-5-5 11:45
No problem! May I ask why you needed the barcode and do you think DJI will help me out at all? I r ...

Yes it won't effect the performance. About other requests I suggest you to call NA Support, I am an employee based in China, can not handle this or make any decision.
2015-5-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just received mine and have the exact same mark on  top of the camera as in the photos. This is a P3P straight out of the box ( still gor wrapper on everything, not even powered on ( no app ).. Is this a QC issue?
2015-5-5
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I believe so because another guy posted the same thing and DJI asked for my barcode and his barcode so I bet it is and they are finding the person that did it lol.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules