Vision Plus Gimbal not working after 3.08 update
45668 172 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leivipaez42
New

United States

i had the same problem.... i update the phantom vision+ to 3.8 and the gimbal don't work OMG!!!!! any solution>????
2014-11-15
Use props
skizawa1
New

United States

pgoldthorpe@goo Posted at 2014-11-3 08:00
Hi Brian
Paul here
I have corrected my gimbal issue try this.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your advice worked. You saved me from going half nuts with this phantom.
2014-11-16
Use props
maxx21
New

United States

I've been looking at getting a more advanced drone than my AR parrot. I've been looking at the Phantom line from DJi.
Sounds like a nightmare to upgrade these things. Sounds like they need better support
I'm glad I read this before buying.
No thanks. M
2014-11-16
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

maxx21 Posted at 2014-11-17 13:41
I've been looking at getting a more advanced drone than my AR parrot. I've been looking at the Phant ...

Well, someone has to buy the parrot
upgrading anything is always gonna have some mixed results when installing such updates, just look at the parrot drones forums http://forum.parrot.com/ardrone/en/viewforum.php?id=12

Have fun with the parrot....{:3_58:}
2014-11-16
Use props
maxx21
New

United States

Not planning on staying in Parrotville. I only spent $100 for this first drone last month. Training was good.  My plan is to get a more advanced drone. I never said Parrot was better. The parrot will go to my very talented 8 year old who can already fly it pretty well.
That being said, at the premium you pay for the Phantom, an upgrade should not result in a limp gimbal. A fried board? Who is absorbing  the costs of these customers misfortunes?
The unlucky ones whom have had this problem don't seem to be getting the answers posted here from DJI.
This awareness forces me to consider other options with a company that can offer strong support.
Have they even patched the problematic upgrade yet? Just asking
2014-11-17
Use props
maxx21
New

United States

I forgot to mention the guy whose drone got downgraded from a vision to a base P2.
2014-11-17
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

REMEMBER to delete previous versions of Assistant software, before downloading and install new one.
Somehow diff. versions on PC. can mess things up.
2014-11-17
Use props
omri.baumer
New
Israel

Still no answer for me.
gimbal is not working.

DJI told me to send my drone to them, is there nothing I can do?
2014-11-19
Use props
omri.baumer
New
Israel

#fail #phantom2vision+ #limp
2014-11-19
Use props
syedfaiq_747
lvl.1

Malaysia

omri.baumer@gma Posted at 2014-11-15 22:24
I have the same problem.
brand new phantom 2 vision+

Use assistant sofware, plug usb cable to your phantom, change RC to "basic version"....that should remove u from getting red sign when u tilt the camera pitch
2014-11-19
Use props
omri.baumer
New
Israel

I tried, it didnt work.
and the Assistant software still tells me I have a Phantom 2 Vision and not a Vision+

does it show Vision+ for you? or vision?
2014-11-21
Use props
marnixvanderplo
New

Netherlands

Did you already solve this problem, I have the same issue.....

Kind regards,

Marnix
2014-11-21
Use props
paddymc
New

United Kingdom

Done all my upgrades today all is fine but tilt works but moves a bit to fast and when i turn my phone app on it takes over an the tilt will not work any help
2014-11-21
Use props
marnixvanderplo
New

Netherlands

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-1 17:21
Please try to use the 3.8 Assistant software, and check the IMU firmware again.

Where can I find version 3.8?
2014-11-21
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi All, for the gimbal issue after upgrade, please send your Phantom 2 Vision plus to your dealer or contact our support center for check and repair.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2014-11-23
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

paddymc@fsmail. Posted at 2014-11-22 05:56
Done all my upgrades today all is fine but tilt works but moves a bit to fast and when i turn my pho ...

Please connect to the Assistant software, go to RC, choose Upgrade.
2014-11-23
Use props
karel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1333740 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Any FIX ?

I have the same problem

My gimbal do not startup after a ZEN IMU Fw update.

How to fix it ?

When i power the P2V+ the gimbal do not make any movement and reproduze a contine sound like a buzzing..

I can connect the camera on APP, take photos, but GIMBAL do not work
2014-11-24
Use props
skcproject
lvl.1

United States

leivipaez42@hot Posted at 2014-11-16 07:19
i had the same problem.... i update the phantom vision+ to 3.8 and the gimbal don't work OMG!!!!! an ...

With mine, everything seems to work, except the gimble pitch adjustment stopped working with the update. I've downgraded and still no good. Time for DJI support.
2014-11-26
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Karel, please contact your dealer or DJI support center for help.
2014-11-26
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

skcproject@gmai Posted at 2014-11-27 15:11
With mine, everything seems to work, except the gimble pitch adjustment stopped working with the u ...

Hi, please choose the correct Transmitter version. If your RC is an old version, please choose Basic version, if yours is a new version with a left-dail and built-in Lipo, please choose Upgrade version.
2014-11-26
Use props
shaneappelbaum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2820945 ft
United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-27 15:39
Hi, please choose the correct Transmitter version. If your RC is an old version, please choose Bas ...

I had same gimbal problem. It hasn't been mentioned (I don't think), but you have to use a PC in order to even see the transmitter version option. You will not fix your problem with a mac (I tried!). After using a PC , go to the RC section as everyone mentioned and check basic and this fixed it immediately for me. For what it's worth, I have the new V3 version of the Vision plus. This fix works!

Good luck!
2014-11-27
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

shaneappelbaum@ Posted at 2014-11-28 00:04
I had same gimbal problem. It hasn't been mentioned (I don't think), but you have to use a PC in o ...

Hi Shane, are you saying you can control the gimbal pitch up and down with the wheel on the new remote or you are using the phone app too make it work?  I have the same issue, I have the new Vision + with new remote and had the "Upgdrade Version" set  for transmitter version.  When I switch to the "Basic Version",
I can control the gimbal up/down with the phone app only and NOT the wheel on the remote.  Not good but at least I can control the camera.  
2014-11-28
Use props
skcproject
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-27 15:39
Hi, please choose the correct Transmitter version. If your RC is an old version, please choose Bas ...

Hi Sophie, Thank you for your reply. My P2V+ and controller is all brand new, purchased from the factory, as I live and work in China. It arrived on November 7th. The quadcopter model No. is: PV331 - SN is: PH645440449 V3.0 and the controller model No. is: NPVT581 - SN is: PT645440449 V3.0. and is the model with the side wheel for adjusting camera angle. Everything worked perfectly and was problem free until I foolishly upgraded to V3.8 firmware. If I had not, I suspect everything would still be fine as the problem became appearent immediately after the upgrade. The camera tilt angle cannot be adjusted either with the side wheel or the Vision Assistant software. When I start up the system, all three camera gimble motors work fine and position the camera correctly. The left stick will jog the camera left and right correctly. There is no adjustment horozontally, although, if I try to adjust it with the Vision Assistant, the camera will just drop to the bottom, shooting streight down and cannot be brought back up unless the system is powered down and restarted, at which point, it will return to its horozontal position. Mechanically, everything seems fine.

I have tried to downgrade back to V3.6, but no luck. I have set the transmitter type correctly and tried it on both settings, all without improvement. I really need to fix this or get it fixed, as I use it and need it for my work, which is why I purchased it. Can you please send / post repair instructions or get me an RMA and I will return it to the factory for proper repair?

This is a beautifully made instrument, precision made with quality components and with very fine detailing. Unfortunately, software and access to useful information is a disorganized mess.  

Thank you in advance for your help resolving this issue!

Sincerely, Tom

2014-11-28
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

skcproject@gmai Posted at 2014-11-29 14:18
Hi Sophie, Thank you for your reply. My P2V+ and controller is all brand new, purchased from the fa ...

Tom,
I was having the same issue.  The step I think you are missing is you first need to calibrate the controller with the RC software first.  During calibration you toggle the 2 command sticks on the controllers for the A, E, T and R.  AND then move  the gimbal wheel on the controller up and down to calibrate the X1 channel.   Once this calibration is complete, you go into Vision Assistant software to NOW calibrate the controller to the Phantom.  This is done under the Basic->RC tab.  You will calibrate the A, E, T and R first and then the X1 with the gimbal wheel.  I hope this helps.
2014-11-29
Use props
skcproject
lvl.1

United States

nordkapph20@yah Posted at 2014-11-30 00:00
Tom,
I was having the same issue.  The step I think you are missing is you first need to calibrate ...

Fantastic!

Dave, I followed your recommendation exactly and your advice worked like a charm! After hassling with this thing for 12 days, the camera gimbal is finally working properly!!! Thanks a million! your time and effort to help me with this is really appreciated!  I hope I can help you somehow in the future!

Tom in central China.
2014-11-30
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

skcproject@gmai Posted at 2014-11-30 16:58
Fantastic!

Nordkapph20, I followed your recommendation exactly and your advice worked like a char ...

Tom,

Great to hear, I am glad I can help!  I love this Phantom but DJI as a company needs to provide better instructions.  These are key points that are not clearly spelled out. Happy flying!  

Dave from Kenosha, Wisconsin  US
2014-11-30
Use props
Screwed
New

United Arab Emirates

I have tried all posts on this page and I am sorry the gimbal is still stuck in down position :@ I am not a man to swear but Jesus the least I can come up with although wanting to say so much more to DJI . You advertise yourselves as the leaders in camera technology for drones so why don't you prove it by stop screwing us all up with silly firmware updates that basically stop us from flying. We paid good money for your product and if I would of found out all these problems before I would never of bought from you. I admit to being on my third gimbal - first two from crashes and that dodgy ribbon cable you have which cannot be replaced for less than $85 (rip off) or 3 months back with DJI - buy another gimbal ( 3 months without your drone is killing). So please do something to fix this problem or be prepared to refund us all back
2014-11-30
Use props
Screwed
New

United Arab Emirates

the amount that you have screwed us over for - lets see what DJI customer support can do. After hearing so many bad reports already about it - DJI time to redeem yourselves or pay UP
2014-11-30
Use props
Screwed
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-3 11:58
Hi, rasto, please try a binding again.

So what you guys going to do to fix the problem . I am in the same boat and can do nothing to make it work. If you wanna screw us with an update make sure it works- yours faithfully mr totally pissed off
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

nordkapph20@yah Posted at 2014-11-30 22:30
Tom,

Great to hear, I am glad I can help!  I love this Phantom but DJI as a company needs to prov ...

Hi Dave, thanks so much for your help. Normally, this problem can be solved by choose the correct transmitter, and also, calibrate the RC is a very important procedure.
We have already discussed with our R&D dept, there would be clear explanation of the firmware upgrade once there is a new firmware.
Thanks again for your support and understanding. DJI is working very hard to make our product and service better.
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Screwed Posted at 2014-12-1 02:03
I have tried all posts on this page and I am sorry the gimbal is still stuck in down position  I a ...

Hi, please make sure all the firmware are the latest version, and you have calibrate the RC successfully.
For the gimbal issue, choose the correct transmitter version and calibrate the RC is the solution, since there are many people solved this problem by this method.
If you still unable to make it work, I am afraid that you need to send it back for check and repair. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2014-11-30
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-12-1 14:18
Hi Dave, thanks so much for your help. Normally, this problem can be solved by choose the correct  ...

Hi Sophie,

Sure no problem. Yes, you are right, there are specific steps that need to be done in a specific order. And it may vary depending on people's setup.  We appreciate DJI working to improve the support process.  A great thing to provide since you have this website and this forum is giving us a heads up with any upgrades prior to introducing it.  A description of the change and the detailed steps required to install it would be great.  Don't get me wrong, I have been in IT over 25 years and I understand moving software upgrades to production is not a perfect world, you will always have bugs and they need to be worked out.
We all need to be patient with that.  There are users errors, software errors, hardware errors and then the environmental issues that may cause problems.  I am personally a happy camper with my purchase.  It is a quality product and fulfilling all my expectations and maybe more. I look forward to R&D's communication with future releases!
Dave
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

nordkapph20@yah Posted at 2014-12-1 15:08
Hi Sophie,

Sure no problem. Yes, you are right, there are specific steps that need to be done in ...

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your understanding and support. The forum is for building communications between our customer and DJI, so we could get the problem and solve the problem ASAP. And it's our great honor that there are so many customers like you who are helping us to solve problems.
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

A mi me pasa lo mismo,
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

perdon te lo envio nuevamente si errores de escritura.
A mi me pasa lo mismo, pero te explico: recibi el Phanton 2 Vision plus ayer, lo probe 8 minutos, y lo actualice como me recomienda el maual, y ahora no funciona el gimbal, lo demas si funciona. He llamado al proveedor (tienda donde lo compre en Madrid) y me dice que lo envian a reparar, y yo les digo que mi compra a durado 8  minutos, y les pido que me devuelvan el dinero , y luego compro otro nuevo,
o me cambien por uno en funcionamiento y no lo actualizo. me dicen que tengo que esperar a que lo envien a Alemania a reparar, y yo no quiero un producto reparado, quiero uno nuevo pues esta sin usar y el error no es mio.
Espero tu respuesta pues veo que atiendes a todos, gracias
atte Luis
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Hola en mi caso el Gimbal no aparece en la informacion de Phantom Asistent, es como si no estuviera instalado, al encender el Phantom todo funciona pero el Gimbal esta como colgando aunque la camara si emite imagen.
Por favor responde algo pues estoy muy preocupado, y lo necesito para trabajar,
Por lo demas me parece un gran producto.
Gracias Sophie
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Hola necesito una solucion urgente por favor. pues es para trabajo y dependo de ello
Gracias
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Happens to me as well, but I mean, received the Phantom 2 Vision plus yesterday, the probe 8 minutes, and update it as I recommend maual, and now runs the gimbal, the rest if it works. I called the supplier (store you buy from Madrid) and tells me to send for repair, and I tell them that my purchase lasted eight minutes, and I ask that my money back, and then buy a new one,
or I change by one in operation and does not update. tell me that I have to wait for it send to Germany to repair, and I do not want a product repaired, I want a new one because this unused and error is not mine.
I hope your answer because I see you attend all thanks
atte Luis
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Hello, in my case the Gimbal not on the Phantom Asistent information, it is as if he were not installed, turning the Phantom everything works but the Gimbal this as hanging though the camera is broadcasted image.
Please answer something because I am very concerned, and I need to work,
For the rest I think a great product.
Thanks Sophie
2014-12-1
Use props
fotoarraiz
lvl.1

Spain

Hi I need an urgent solution please. for it is to work and depend on it
Thank you
2014-12-1
Use props