The last update reduces the radio channels from 32 to 8 channels.
7551 37 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In some forums, customers are very unhappy about the last firmware update.
The update reduces the radio channels from 32 to 8 channels.
The result is a reduced range and start a much worse image quality when transmitting.

See:

http://www.drohnen-forum.de/inde ... tID=45300#post45300

http://www.kopterforum.de/topic/28910-schlechte-videoqualität-seit-fw-update/

http://www.kopterforum.de/topic/31479-beschränkung-der-funkfrequenz-durch-dji/
2015-5-12
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Might also explain the sudden video loss.
2015-5-12
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
South Korea

Is it not, to prohibit the use of the P3 transmitter with the inspire?
2015-5-12
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

The reason for this is really unfortunate.  Apparently DJI didn't do enough research before launching the product.  It turns out that of the 32 channels, only 8 may legally be used by someone without a license from the FCC or its equivalent in other countries (and such licenses may not even be available depending on what those frequencies are intended to be used for).

Upon being advised that the use of those other channels was illegal, DJI removed them.  However the remaining 8 channels are not always enough to yield a channel free of interference in certain areas.  Thus the loss of video signal, etc.

DJI has not said what they plan to do about it, but they may not even have a choice in the matter.
2015-5-12
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I think the Phantom 3 owner has the same by next update.
2015-5-13
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-13 10:29
The reason for this is really unfortunate.  Apparently DJI didn't do enough research before launchin ...

Pete,
Do you know what frequencies those channels run on, how many MHz? This really has my interest.
2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-13 20:22
Pete,
Do you know what frequencies those channels run on, how many MHz? This really has my interes ...

I do not - again, because unfortunately nothing is ever transparent.  Naturally that information SHOULD either be in the user guide or an available tech manual.  I'm simply repeating information supplied previously by Autumn and Ed on this topic.
2015-5-13
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-13 20:22
Pete,
Do you know what frequencies those channels run on, how many MHz? This really has my interes ...

here is the link discussing frequencies  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053&page=189
[size=14.6666669845581px]
Sorry for posting this anonymous. I'm reading and writing at RCGroups a lot but don't want to be the bad guy in public. I'm also very happy with most of the DJI stuff I use, but I had always doubts about the performance promises of the DJI Lightbridge. I was curious what they are doing so I checked that with the equipment I have available. As cellular network providers are very aggressive protecting their frequency bands I wanted to warn users about using it. Setting the DJI Lightbridge to a channel between 13 and 20 will help to stay legal, at least outside the EU, until DJI releases an upgrade to make it legal.

My Comment: Hence the upgrade(downgrade?) by DJI to keep its radio bands legal..
2015-5-13
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-13 20:30
here is the link discussing frequencies  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053&pa ...

Thanks guys! This is really sad that this was not released in the notes for the firmware. This is stuff that people need to see before buying an Inspire or any other quad for that matter. This would help alot of people save money and be more aware of what they are actually getting. Sad thing is, I do not see the video loss problem being solved now
2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

This is another one of those places where some candid postings by DJI would prove helpful.  For instance: how was the product released to market when it used unlawful frequencies and transmit power?  And... what is DJI currently doing, if anything, to restore full functionality to its users - or is this degraded performance the new "normal"?  When I look at channel condition for the video link, all eight channels always show at the bottom of the scale.  They barely register and usually none show as "stable."  That's certainly not a good thing and not being forthcoming and candid about such things WILL eventually result in DJI losing all their business to competitors who communicate better and interact with the customer base.

Folks like Autumn and Ed do a great job but clearly operate under very severe internal constraints as to what they can say and what issues they can comment on.  When another company and product line emerges without these constraints, I anticipate mass defections to the competing brand.

The problem is, based on the Forbes article, that the founder of DJI has no reason to care.  He could drive the whole company into the ground at this point and still have more personal wealth than he would ever know how to spend.  This takes away a lot of incentive to please a customer base.
2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-13 20:30
here is the link discussing frequencies  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053&pa ...

Great find.
2015-5-13
Use props
mayckelurra
New

Chile

Any relationsip with this issue on my Phantom 2 (naza v2 3.14) with lightbridge??? http://forum.dji.com/thread-14765-1-1.html
2015-5-13
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Who's got the old app?  I pay cash for old apps LOL
2015-5-13
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-13 10:29
The reason for this is really unfortunate.  Apparently DJI didn't do enough research before launchin ...

The thing is that the Inspire is sold worldwide and updates are coming out based on FCC rules?
It doesn't make sense - even commercially.

2015-5-14
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Macao

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-13 21:17
This is another one of those places where some candid postings by DJI would prove helpful.  For inst ...

Wise words
2015-5-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Airosa Posted at 2015-5-14 17:02
The thing is that the Inspire is sold worldwide and updates are coming out based on FCC rules?
It  ...

From what I have heard, the same block of frequencies is subject to the same rules in (at least) the USA, Canada and Western Europe.  Since the Inspire is labeled as approved by all of those regulatory agencies (without which it could not be imported or sold there) it pretty much has to comply with the rules.  The BIG question is why it didn't initially, which has created the expectations it now is having trouble living up to.
2015-5-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

mayckelurra@yah Posted at 2015-5-14 03:45
Any relationsip with this issue on my Phantom 2 (naza v2 3.14) with lightbridge??? http://forum.dji. ...

The link to the RCGroups thread on this topic, posted above by arunmehta, refers to Light ridge in general, not specifically the Inspire.  So... possibly.
2015-5-14
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

So we basically paid for a feature that just got downgraded.
I am honestly furious !!
2015-5-14
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Macao

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-14 20:11
From what I have heard, the same block of frequencies is subject to the same rules in (at least) t ...

if this doesn't get "fixed", it may become an U$8B law suit
2015-5-14
Use props
mayckelurra
New

Chile

Any possibility to downgrade 3.14 to 3.12???
2015-5-14
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

Going by the German forums this is what seems to happen:

Since the available channels have been reduced from 32 to 8 it will be harder to find a solid channel.
This probably explains why some pilots experience the problem and others don't. If you happen to be flying in an area with little other traffic on these frequencies  you may not notice anything, other than perhaps shorter distances. If you are in an RF-busy area the problems seem to be frequent.
2015-5-14
Use props
aknauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 793041 ft
New Zealand

A 75% reduction in available channels with a firmware update - now that is what I call "The Future Of Possible", because we wouldn't have thought this possible at purchase time!
In exchange we are getting very usefull features like Director and Youtube Streaming. Never mind about the AEB not working from the controller, no mission capability, Fly Aways and battery crashes, inadequate ND Filter etc. ect.
These new features were needed like a hole in the head. Very clearly DJI treats all of us like clueless amateurs.
2015-5-14
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

Why aren't there any firmware hackers out there
2015-5-19
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-5-20 09:18

im sure there are, you just probably wont be finding any on the DJI forums however id guess, lol
2015-5-20
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Any statement from DJI?
2015-5-29
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-5-20 09:18

You can roll back to 1.02 and get all channels...look for the old app in your recycle bin in the computer with itunes.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-11905-1-2.html
2015-5-29
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-30 10:03
You can roll back to 1.02 and get all channels...look for the old app in your recycle bin in the co ...

DJI Phantom 3  updated to latest firmware P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.

Now I only get 8 channels instead of 32. Four times reduction (4X)!

DJI pilot warns me of high interference and poor radio quality.

I have tried moving to large open field, but still get same warning.

I just ordered a Inspire 1 (it is on its way) and a Matrice 100. I may
have to cancel that order.
2015-6-27
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

The radio channel quality  is different than the screen at the 9 second mark of your video.  The screen at the 9 second mark is the Image Transmission frequency.  Has nothing to do with fly aways. It's how the video signal gets back to your tablet.    The interference on the radio channel, could be from various things.  Click here for those things

2015-6-27
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

Starship Posted at 2015-6-28 04:24
The radio channel quality  is different than the screen at the 9 second mark of your video.  The scr ...

Everything was fine until update to DJI-Pilot-1.2.0.apk. I downgraded to DJI-Pilot-1.0.7.apk and Radio quality warning and interference problem gone.
Again, I upgrade to DJI-Pilot-1.2.0.apk and warnings came back.
Downgraded again to DJI-Pilot-1.0.7.apk and Radio quality warning and interference problem gone.

Any thoughts.

2015-6-27
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

litamation.yaho Posted at 2015-6-28 05:57
Everything was fine until update.

Try removing it and reinstall.  Mine works fine.  I just came back from flying, and had excellent radio signal.
2015-6-27
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

Starship Posted at 2015-6-28 07:12
Try removing it and reinstall.  Mine works fine.  I just came back from flying, and had excellent  ...

I will give it a shot.
2015-6-27
Use props
hakaniniman
lvl.1

Chile

{:3_56:} crap, lucky i do have the 32 channel still on the note pro tablet. guess is better the old app. can't get to work and run propperly, keep closing and stalling, not being able to flight with new app: PLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE
2015-6-27
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Anyone have any latest experiences with this?
2015-6-27
Use props
skydrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 615007 ft
Norway

Hello
i have a problem with my inspire 1 after upgrade to latest firmware,i loose contackt with the camera live ,and sometimes my signal from radio to inspire1 one doesn´t work?
When the inspire is on the ground and i pick it up by my hand and wavw ilittle around it says no signal on theapp and the picture disapears ,but i have grenn ligth on my radio???
i dont think it is a good idea to fly with it like this,anyone else have same expirience?
2015-6-28
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

hakaniniman Posted at 2015-6-28 14:16
crap, lucky i do have the 32 channel still on the note pro tablet. guess is better the old  ...

Does  firmware P3X_FW_V01.02.0006 update have anything to do with channel reduction?
I installed  DJI-Pilot-1.0.6.apk on my Nexsus 7 and DJ the Pilot warning of high interference and poor radio quality is gone.

What is causing the channel reduction:

1. Aircraft and radio firmware
2. DJI Pilot app

Or both?

2015-6-28
Use props
dmadrigali
lvl.1

Argentina

Can anyone with the old app installed on an android device grab the apk and upload it somewhere?

In order to grab the apk download es file manager https://play.google.com/store/ap ... droid.pop&hl=en

Open ES file manager

Tap on the three horizontal line on the left top or swipe the screen to right

Select Library in the fast access menu and then select ‘app’ menu

You will be redirected to ‘user apps’ (i.e. apps installed by you)

To backup an app, long press it until it got selected

Now you will see ‘backup’ menu at the bottom. Just tap on it.

The apk backup will be created

To view the apk backup which you have created go to the Path /SD Card/Backups/apps (i.e. internal memory)
2015-7-10
Use props
mail.syman
New

Hi

One thing i thought of was. Get the old app installed. Then never use the DJI go app instead use the Litichi app. The Litchi app does uses the DJI go app for setting. So you will be on 32 channels but no silly messages.
2015-9-29
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The Litchi app has its own channel settings though its unknown how many channels it uses in automatic mode. However beware of future changes maybe its better to stop updates now.

Does anyone know how it could be testet which channels are used in auto mode in Litchi?
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules