Second Time Gimbal FAIL after DJI Repaired it...
552 7 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*Nick*
lvl.1

New Caledonia

Don't get me wrong, I love my drone.

However, what should I think about DJI's products reliability after my sick experience with what I bought from them last year...

Bought a DJI Mavic Pro in their HK store, and used it for about 5 months before the gimbal became crazy (drone had no shock, no impact, no attack from any Alien spaceship, ever), which made me post a message on this forum and got them cover this hardware failure under warranty (they were asking me for some money to repair it before I posted anything here, how bad...). Okay, a hardware failure on a unit can happen, just bad luck, it didn't make me hate DJI or my drone, but...

After getting the drone back from repair and after using it for a few months again (barely 10 times maybe, and not a single drop or shock or impact ever, as I was manipulating it as it was made of silk), another gimbal problem happened to the drone again! Oh my, bad luck again? This seems weird! I'm tech enthousiast and tech reseller, and I know how these things work, so it's definitely not any kind of misuse here.

It's out of warranty of about 2 months now, and their service department is telling me it would not be covered. Okay, warranty's over, that's what paper says, but come on, DJI, drone has had the same problem a few months ago, came back from repair, and same gimbal problem again just after few months without any misuse? What is wrong with this drone? What is wrong with your service?

I am kindly requesting an admin/moderator from DJI's company to read this and offer me some appropriate assistance. We pay a drone 1200€ and cannot even expect it to work for more than a year? I feel like it has been one of the worst deal I've ever made...
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Nick, we do apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, may I know if you have sent in this drone? May I have the previous case number so that we could escalate your experience to the appropriate department for attention? Thank you.
2018-5-26
Use props
*Nick*
lvl.1

New Caledonia

Dear Mindy,

I appreciate that you took time to reply and pay attention to my demand.

Here is the case number from last year for the same repair by DJI: CAS-877773-Z2K9V6

I was helped during the process by DJI agent Calvin CHOW.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance. If you feel like you can help me positively and re-arrange a covered repair of this same problem, then feel free to remove my post from the forum.

Best Regards,
*Nick*
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

*Nick* Posted at 2018-5-26 19:35
Dear Mindy,

I appreciate that you took time to reply and pay attention to my demand.

Thanks for the case number Nick, the last repair was almost 9 months ago, the warranty period of the gimbal is 6 months, I'm afraid we cannot provide warranty service on your case. May I know if our support team has made troubleshooting to your gimbal?
2018-5-26
Use props
*Nick*
lvl.1

New Caledonia

May I send my flight logs or any data from the drone that would show a very light use of it, as well as the absence of any impact/fall/crash? I do not know if the gimbal part was replaced by your service from my drone, or just "fixed" by some reassembly, but there is definitely a serious issue with the gimbal that came with my drone at very first. I understand your limited warranty period on your products, but how to accept that a 9-month gimbal would be defective again?

I bought it directly from your local store in HK, last year, at full price, and I feel like I should have bought it from my home-country instead (which, by law, provides a 2-year warranty from manufacturer on these products).

The gimbal itself look perfect (it is not out of its normal position, and the ribbon cables do not look damaged), and the drone look nearly new, as it was never crashed. I don't understand why I get this gimbal problem repeatedly, without misuse of my drone...
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

*Nick* Posted at 2018-5-26 20:09
May I send my flight logs or any data from the drone that would show a very light use of it, as well as the absence of any impact/fall/crash? I do not know if the gimbal part was replaced by your service from my drone, or just "fixed" by some reassembly, but there is definitely a serious issue with the gimbal that came with my drone at very first. I understand your limited warranty period on your products, but how to accept that a 9-month gimbal would be defective again?

I bought it directly from your local store in HK, last year, at full price, and I feel like I should have bought it from my home-country instead (which, by law, provides a 2-year warranty from manufacturer on these products).

Nick, could you please PM me your name, contact number, email account so that we could escalate your case to the appropriate department for further follow-up?
2018-5-27
Use props
*Nick*
lvl.1

New Caledonia

Done, thanks.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

PM received with thanks, your concern has been escalated to the higher department for further resolution, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules