Product to fit my needs
4625 16 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
landed
New

United Kingdom

I am looking for something that fits the following bill

I have a go pro 4 (when they come back in stock at least)
I have a spektrum 2.4k transmitter already which I might be able to use ?
I want to be able to shoot professional quality video to supplement ground video of subject matter.

So I dont need the bundled camera and Tx - can I save with a different model ? Would like to have a good gimble that allows me to shoot professional shots.

Should I go for the bigger machines first - they are a lot more expensive and I think they are only needed to lift heavier cameras right ?
I would like to have FPV and return to home to minimise equipment loss.

I am new here and new to the idea but have previous RC experience with fixed wings. I am going to get a lot of my own questions answered I am sure as I read more but just to get me started I am asking what might I buy..

Do I hear/read correctly that there is a 5k Tx possibility that might be somehow better.
2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

2014-11-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

It all depends on what your doing. Call Justin here and he will get you in the right system.
http://www.dronecamps.com/
2014-11-1
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

that site didnt seem to load - but I was hoping to get the direct answers here tbh. but thanks for the link I will try again another time.
Just as a note I didnt get an email notification of this reply.
2014-11-4
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

landed Posted at 2014-11-5 06:01
that site didnt seem to load - but I was hoping to get the direct answers here tbh. but thanks for t ...

Seriously, look elsewhere....   Find a dealer or support team that actually support you and supply the parts when needed.
2014-11-4
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

I contacted dji directly and all they could offer was the f450 as then I can use my own rx and tx...it looks a little exposed to the elements to my mind ??
2014-11-12
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

I'm posting from my mobile so I can't retype everything but here is a post I've sent to many users asking the same question:

As far as what you need, I set mine up in a very similar fashion.
This is everything you would need to use with your Hero4:
Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D

Mine looks no different except for the FPV cable running down the leg

iOSD Mini

ImmersionRC 600mW

Plug and Play cable (I hate soldering)

Black Pearl FPV Monitor (Already Fatshark compatible)

Monitor Mount

As I said before the P2V+ excels in ease of use (nothing additional to buy) and takes advantage of the app really well.
The P2 requires more set up but with it now being plug and play, I see no reason to miss out on the longer range and better footage a GoPro can provide. Check out this recent video with the GoPro Hero 4
Compare some P2V+ videos to P2 videos on Youtube. If the quality is acceptable to you, the P2V+ is the way to go. If you think the range and video quality will be an issue later, go with the P2.

2014-11-12
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-13 05:40
I'm posting from my mobile so I can't retype everything but here is a post I've sent to many users a ...

As far I was aware the range of the gro pro compatible one is less than the more basic camera. which is kind of daft.
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

landed Posted at 2014-11-13 03:09
I contacted dji directly and all they could offer was the f450 as then I can use my own rx and tx... ...

Just an FYI... While the Phantom appears more protected from the elements, in terms of water/weather exposure, the Phantom offers no more protection than an f450.  
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

landed Posted at 2014-11-16 22:27
As far I was aware the range of the gro pro compatible one is less than the more basic camera. whi ...

Actually, the Phantom 2 has a bit greater range than the Vision models, due to the fact that the P2 uses 2.4 Ghz for the controller, while the Vision uses 5.8 Ghz.
2014-11-16
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Not sure where you found that information but it's not true.
2.4Ghz has further reach and better penetration than 5.8Ghz.
It's universal, like how a lazer point is known to have further reach than a flash light.
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Cloud9 Posted at 2014-11-17 01:08
Not sure where you found that information but it's not true.
2.4Ghz has further reach and better pen ...

So we are in agreement.  
2014-11-16
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

Oh yeah, I was responding to the other guy.We've been around the block a few times :-)
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

2014-11-17
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

thanks for all your advice - it has no doubt saved me time and money. I am looking to go the phantom 2 route (at this moment) as this will probably give me a quad similar to the flame 450 but the tx is an advantage being set up already. FPV packages like this seem the way to go for me though I need to ask them what the plug n play options are - I am happy with some soldering myself indeed would have liked to build the f450.
Still that can come later the main issue is my dx6i can be mixed to get into all the flight modes but then I am left with no way to control the camera. So this was the main reason for going the flamewheel first. Buying flamewheel and gimbal and all the rest of the stuff separate seems as expensive almost ..roundabout way..
2014-11-17
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

forgot the link - http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji ... d-gimbal-1249-p.aspAlso wanted to add that marrionville models do a Tx in a f450 bundle having worked out that this is of interest to people like me.
I wonder how they phantom 2 vs the f450 in terms of performance and size travel etc and the end objective that is aerial videography comes to light. Online there is no one saying there any massive difference tbh.
2014-11-17
Use props
landed
New

United Kingdom

I have now got into some more detail with the battery options looking like for the phantom you need to buy a special battery that might be like the xbox hard drive thing - so its a normal lipo in a surrounding case. That forces most people to spend the 100 quid gulp on a new battery - the flamewheel looks like you can experiment like normal rc models
2014-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules