Help with settings for light painting
541 1 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Randall007
lvl.1

United States

Trying to figure out if I can use my DJI osmo+ for light painting. I guess first I need to see how long i can keep the shutter open for or if i can program it some how to stay open until i close it.  I don't know just figure i would try to find some sort of help here..
  • Aperture: You can use anything from a large aperture (small f-number) at f/4 to a small aperture (large f-number) at f/22. As long as you stop down enough so that your point of interest is in focus and sharp then that is all that matters.
  • Shutter speed: The shutter speed depends on your location, the type of effect you are going for and how much light is around you - taking into consideration any ambient light too. If you're in a dark room experimenting with an object then 10-15 seconds is usually fine to start with.
  • ISO: Use the lowest ISO setting possible to avoid grain (noise) creeping into your shot.
  • Focusing: Set the lens to manual focus and focus by twisting the focus ring at the end of your lens. Because you will be shooting in the dark if you set the camera to autofocus it will struggle to focus and the camera will try to refocus each time you press the shutter button.

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, OSMO+ does not support this function. As of now, there's no way to make it.
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules