I am throwing in the towel
1740 10 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

I give up. Trying to get quality support from this site's Admins or from DJI itself is, for the most part, an exercise in futility. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

My observations have been that the Admins pick and choose what they will respond to. If your inquiry does not leave them room to ask questions or requires them to provide specific information they probably won't respond. If your question is basically benign they will give you a robotic, generic, patronizing and essentially useless response. All the while stating they are "always here to help". In time you will come to realize that is far from reality.

Forget getting any direct answers to simple questions. From all indications DJI corporate seems to strictly forbid it. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

And if an Admin says they are forwarding something for more information from DJI what they really mean is they don't want to fool with it. Likely you will hear nothing else. Suggestions? Lip-service only. No action. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

It has taken several months for me to come to the realization the Admins on this forum only provide superficial pseudo-support. Smoke and mirrors. No real substance.

Yes, occasionally results can be realized. But that is the exception, not the rule. My personal experience with DJI support (both DJI customer support and Admins on this forum) has been, with rare exception, very poor. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE

On a closing note I will say many of the users on this forum are far more knowledgeable than are the Admins. It's a great forum for user interaction. Not so much for official help with real problems.

2018-11-21
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Chuck

Well, what did you expect from a chinese company? They want to sell stuff to us and that's it. Anyway, I'm afraid there are many western companies that act like that too.
And now we two are on DJI's red list....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-21
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi Chuck,
I couldn't agree more with you, all you get in response is a boilerplate answer without any follow-up.
2018-11-21
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2261319 ft
Canada

As with any situation in life the less you talk the odds of saying something erroneous are diminished. I guess DJI employees are very cautious not to say too much so they avoid inaccuracies. But as you stated there are many knowledgeable users on the forum, so it's not a waste total of time. There are other DJI user forums, have you checked out https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/ it's fairly active.
2018-11-21
Use props
Danny2041
lvl.2
Flight distance : 257352 ft
United Kingdom

Why didnt you just message them personally through support about it instead of just replying to the thread demanding for an admin to respond.
2018-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The first question was an idea put forward to those who look after forum, you did get a response in fact you got more than one response, you’ve been around here long enough to know that these suggestions take time to be implemented if they are going to be implemented.
Your third query could have been dealt with through tech support, you choose not to go that direction,

Your second query was the same as your first, you did receive an answer that your first query was forwarded.
2018-11-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I have found out that dealing with admins always gets a better response than direct to customer service.  DJI Mindy in particular.
2018-11-21
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

ALABAMA Posted at 11-21 10:30
I have found out that dealing with admins always gets a better response than direct to customer service.  DJI Mindy in particular.

Agree! Mindy is the best admin.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Hi Chuck, thank you again for your feedback about our work in Forum, we care much about your feedback and sincerely apologize to let you have this feeling. You may not believe, but we really are working on improving our job in every channel to make our customer have a better experience, each feedback is very important to us.
For the two main issues you posted in the thread, I would like to explain more.
1. For the signature feature in the Forum, our admins do have forwarded to our technicians for consideration, I have confirmed again with them, I'm afraid this feature will not be added currently, as you can see in the Forum, there are spams and advertisement posts, if we release the signature feature, they may add the spams and advertisement in the signature, which would be difficult for us to prevent this kind of posts. But we will keep figuring out more methods to optimize this situation.
2. For another suggestion to add all LED status indication in the user manual, please note it is not recommended to fly the drone without the APP connected for the safety concern, the APP will recognize most of the status of the drone and remind customers, therefore, it may be not very necessary to include all the LED status indication in the user manual, but if you have any query, please confirm with our support. Besides, we do have forwarded this suggestion to our engineers for consideration, but the consideration doesn't mean it will definitely be changed, any update will need to consider from all the aspects we may not even know. Appreciate your understanding on this matter.
Finally, it would be better to post the Forum related suggestion or issues to the Service section, we will not miss that.
Thank you again for your feedback and we will keep improving our customer service to make your experience with us better.
2018-11-22
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 02:49
Hi Chuck, thank you again for your feedback about our work in Forum, we care much about your feedback and sincerely apologize to let you have this feeling. You may not believe, but we really are working on improving our job in every channel to make our customer have a better experience, each feedback is very important to us.
For the two main issues you posted in the thread, I would like to explain more.
1. For the signature feature in the Forum, our admins do have forwarded to our technicians for consideration, I have confirmed again with them, I'm afraid this feature will not be added currently, as you can see in the Forum, there are spams and advertisement posts, if we release the signature feature, they may add the spams and advertisement in the signature, which would be difficult for us to prevent this kind of posts. But we will keep figuring out more methods to optimize this situation.

Hi Mindy,

I will agree with those who say you are the best admin. You have provided more support for me than any other admin.

That said there are still shortcomings in your last response. It is apparent you have not read everything I have posted in great detail. This has been major deficiency in all of the support communications.

1. Signatures: I don't see the connection between spam and signatures. However, some method of getting user device and version information should be implemented so as to eliminate the wasted time requesting it.

2. The Spark LED status indications: To NOT document ALL them leads to the exact problem that started the mess. I observed the indication and could not identify what it meant. Support offered no help except it may be a critical error.

3. So far as I have seen DJI has done nothing to improve the support. The MAJOR problem is support personnel do not fully comprehend the content what is posted. In my case they showed absolutely no understanding whatsoever of what I was asking.

For both items 2 & 3: See "An example of what you can expect from DJI Technical Support" Link to "An example ...". The support failure is all spelled out in great detail there. If the problems with support cannot be recognized there then there is little hope for improvement.

2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 11-22 05:39
Hi Mindy,

I will agree with those who say you are the best admin. You have provided more support for me than any other admin.

Chuck, I fully understand the intention of your post, we do appreciate your sharing and feedback, which means a lot to us to keep improving our customer service, we understand we still have a very long way to move and we are working hard on it from all aspects, I sincerely hope you will have a better experience with us, and welcome to point out the inadequacies any time.
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules