Frozen screen
1544 2 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans256ca5c3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16738766 ft
United States

Is it safe to unplug the phone to reset the app, when it freezes. I currently use an iphone 7, most recent update. My remote controller is current with the latest firmware update, my mavic air is in the last firmware update(not current) . So honestly, i’ve read other threads of other users  having the same issue, with freezing and complete drop of signal. Im starting to believe that this issue of  freezing and dropping lies with the new remote controller update. But i guess my question is, can i or should i be able to shutdown just the dji app, not the remote control. And be able to reconnect when i turn it back on when quiet some distance away. Or is it best to just hit the return to home and wait it out
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, you could close the application and re-launch it again while flying the drone as long as the remote is still connected to the aircraft. If this case may happen, I would recommend using the RTH button to get back your drone. However, we would suggest turning off the wi-fi, bluetooth, or data connection of your device to avoid interruption on the app. I would recommend flying your drone in open areas and maintain the VLOS while flying to avoid the incident. Thank you for continued support
2018-12-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

The only time that I had such a problem is when using a mobile device with less than 3GB RAM
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules