Vision+ STOCK FPV with 3rd party camera..... WORKING
16429 14 2014-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

With no Ribbon cable we are not left with many options.....  or are we?

By using this information or experimenting with your setup you are soley responsible for the outcome.
This information is in no way condoned or facilitated by DJI and any tampering with your unit will indeed void your warranty.

NEVER run your WIFI module without the antennas connected.....

I got a picture from the experimental setup on the APP from the Vision+ using the birds stock tx......etc... only a 3rd party camera used.

The original gimbal base was also still in place and allowed telemetry data to be seen on the App.....

I basically connected a cctv camera to the AV wires taken from the vision + gimbals connector (pictured)
I powered the cctv camera via a direct power lead and not through the bird as this is only to see if I could get the video....

It didn't work when connected and required me to power down the bird and then power back up, open app and hey hey, picture is there........

So FPV FIX for those that need it, using a gopro, etc.... or any camera with AV out...

***Just to be safe, you are not inputing AV into the gimbal but using the 2 wires that come from the Gimbal as pictured.........

This does not record, or work the gimbal at all, so independent recording is required for those that are looking to set this up....

Gimbal control / replacement is next on the list and going well.......

I Hope this information is useful to all the others with no FPV. Neccessity is the only reason for this workaround and I sincerely hope this helps the many who have asked...   

A nice quote from a greatful user on another forum on this -  "Innovation through experimentation.... You gotta love it!!!!"

IMG_20141108_001835.jpg
IMG_20141108_002252.jpg
dji lightbridge cabel av out.jpg
$_57.jpg
2014-11-7
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Using a MD80 HD 1280x720  30fps 12megapixel keychain cheapo camera from ebay you can connect via its usb to birds AV input and see and record.....

If your not to bothered about the controls working from the app its a quick fix for those with no FPV and no light at the end of that very long ribbon tunnel.

You wont be winning any photography competitions , but at least you can participate...

Have fun -
2014-11-7
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-8 09:01
Using a MD80 HD 1280x720  30fps 12megapixel keychain cheapo camera from ebay you can connect via its ...

Any one want to fill in the blanks......
This is becomming very popular in many forums and as such I have included pictures from other people who have contributed from such forums.

Thanks Gonzo and Sea_owl

vision plus wires 2.jpg
dji-phantom2-vision-plus-wifi-module-connection-diagram-ver1.jpg
2014-11-8
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Very good info thanks for sharing.
2014-11-8
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-11-9 04:10

http://www.phantompilots.com/vie ... =29161&start=10
2014-11-10
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-9 03:58

As nr 3 & 4 of the same connector are - & + 12v DC with no signal on it ( seen on the oscilloscope ).
2014-11-10
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-11 12:19
As nr 3 & 4 of the same connector are - & + 12v DC with no signal on it ( seen on the oscilloscope ...

P2 mainboard schematic, pins 9 & 10 are the tx/rx data from the GCU CPU.

measured pins 7 & 8 and only saw a few millivolts.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... =2213815&page=3

Ongoing but getting closer,  
2014-11-12
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-9 03:58
This is becomming very popular in many forums and as such ...

JST connector for Gimbal
2014-11-13
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-8 09:01
Using a MD80 HD 1280x720  30fps 12megapixel keychain cheapo camera from ebay you can connect via its ...

Someone is selling the ribbon cable on eBay for $30 and others up in the $200-300 range.  I must be missing something here.  Here is the URL for the $30 one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-OEM- ... 385900242&rt=nc
2014-11-13
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

JerEl Posted at 2014-11-14 06:52
Someone is selling the ribbon cable on eBay for $30 and others up in the $200-300 range.  I must b ...

No offence and great find,  but an ebay member that states delivery between Jan 2015 and with only 1 feedback from 2006,  it doesn't fill you with confidence.....

The original as supplied from our manufacturer would instil confidence.
2014-11-17
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-11-9 04:10

Time is ticking.......   countdown to unlocked vision+
DIY adapter in testing......
how to connect camera to dji phantom 2 vision plus without dji gimbal.jpg
2014-11-25
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-26 11:17
Time is ticking.......   countdown to unlocked vision+
DIY adapter in testing......

Hey mixstreme, do you have the telemetry working without the gimbal? I have a crashed P2 V+ I got off eBay and rebuilt, but am waiting on a quick release to arrive from Dronexperts. I thought I'd try the wiring above to see if I can at least see the telemetry in the app without the gimbal. But, it doesn't seem to work. I know everything on the Phantom is working because it functions fine with the (broken) gimbal connected. With the wiring like it is in the photo I do get the battery level, which I didn't before without the gimbal. But, no altitude, speed, etc.
2014-11-28
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jmtw000@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-29 01:10
Hey mixstreme, do you have the telemetry working without the gimbal? I have a crashed P2 V+ I got  ...

Telemetry is currently a work in progress.....  Im trying a few different combinations but its a slow go as we don't want to be popping anything, so researching as we go then applying....

I do have an adapter which I think will be needed.

There are 2 canbus, the original output from gimbal is UART.
There is another option of connecting directly to the X1 of the naza, again someone else on this route.....

Its a go slow, but its not impossible ..........  just a waiting game and not bad so far considering the lack of input from the people that make it......

Incidently the rcgroups page would give you a complete run down so far....
2014-11-28
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-29 02:50
Telemetry is currently a work in progress.....  Im trying a few different combinations but its a s ...

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll just have to wait for the quick release. But this might be useful in the future.
2014-11-30
Use props
shawn.yuan
New

United States

jmtw000@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-1 03:41
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll just have to wait for the quick release. But this might be us ...

there are a lot of progress in this topic. Checkout the link blow. see post #252
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 2213815&page=17

2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules