Inspire 1 and Ground Station?
11816 22 2014-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kasper.levison
lvl.2

Sweden

Looks really nice the new Inspire 1.
Will the new Inspire 1 support Ground Station. Would be nice to controll camera as "pilot number 1" and let it fly itself.

2014-11-14
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GS function is built-in already.
2014-11-14
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-11-15 06:37

is it compatible with the iPad GS software?
2014-11-14
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

SpreadingWings Posted at 2014-11-15 07:29
is it compatible with the iPad GS software?

It is not compatible with the iPad GS.  The Inspire App is so different than any App that DJI has done in the past.  It is a combination App, Assistant, Camera Assistant and Ground Station.  You can see some of the screens on the DJI website.  The Ground Station functions will be familiar to those that use the Phantom and the Data Link with BT for iPad.  It  does not have all the features of the PC version but it is close.  When the Manual is finalized all the details will be released.
2014-11-14
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 08:08
It is not compatible with the iPad GS.  The Inspire App is so different than any App that DJI has  ...

yes, i was a bit confuse watching the launch video.. thanks for clarifying. Good to see you here assisting people out.. my id in rcgroups use to be eagleeye posting videos of kangaroos from australia with the phantom vision ages ago
2014-11-14
Use props
gabrielcz
New

Argentina

So, sorry if it is a stupid question, but my english is no so good.
The new INSPIRE1, will flight alone? (autopilot) like the vision2 does?
I always use autopilot, and then control de camera. It will work on new inspire1 and ipad?

regards,
I understand that will be done with a new app, but, resuming, can with my ipad make autopilot and focus on camera?

Regards,
2014-11-17
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-15 08:08
It is not compatible with the iPad GS.  The Inspire App is so different than any App that DJI has  ...

Oh... please do not tell me WAYPOINTS are NOT possible... that is such a GREAT future I use a lot...

Regards,

Dr. Max J.M. Verdoes
2015-1-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is not possible at this time.  It is unclear if DJI will develop something or when the SDK comes out to allow a third party to do so.
2015-1-13
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello Tahoe_ed,

I just wanted to know why they didn't put the ground station on the App. It was still developed and like I know it worked quite good. It was still available before the official release (within the beta versions).

I'm a little bit sad about that because it was also one of the reasons why I bought the Inspire.

Thanks for your work on this forum
2015-1-14
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Okay, so the recently uploaded Youtube video called DJI Pilot app by DJI themselves has a bit around 8m10s about 'autonomous' flight mode. Go to the Map, draw a circle, tap the lift off button, and... then they don't say what else it does. Is it a geofence or a waypoint flight?
2015-1-15
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

patou72 Posted at 2015-1-15 07:48
Hello Tahoe_ed,

I just wanted to know why they didn't put the ground station on the App. It was sti ...

There's no guarantee that it will be implemented. We can hope, but like any purchase, you base decisions on what is there and not a hope of what will be there. The former is a purchase, the latter is an investment.
2015-1-15
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

I spoke to someone at DJI who spoke in length about this with a DJI Tech. YES, ground station or something very similar will be added in a firmware and app up date in the near future. It may not be exactly the same thing as GS but you can set way-points, the altitudes etc. They didn't have time to fully test it to include it in the first release. So they felt it was better to just wait, get it out and then update the firmware and the app when it was done in Beta. I'm just passing on what I was told. It could be total bs for all I know but the guy seemed pretty cool and straightforward. So, I personally believe he was told that.
2015-1-15
Use props
noizboy
lvl.1
Australia

I, for one, can't wait to see a firmware update that includes autonomous flight. That is if that happens.
A "follow me" function would also be very welcome.
Shooting mostly by myself, it would just be a necessity to have autonomous flight.
Just saying.
2015-4-17
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Autonomous flight might put the Inspire in an undesirable catagory in Canada? I may be wrong here but I recall there being some stipulation that it can't be used while operating for commercial purposes like filming and realestate shoots? Am I wrong here?
Just so you know I'm all for ground station too
2015-4-17
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Seems odd though because you need waypoints for mapping and stuff?
2015-4-17
Use props
slabella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-11-15 06:37

Hi, When will see GS on Inspire 1?

Best regards,
Steve
2015-4-25
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Hong Kong

Good catch Slabella!!!

Would like to see an updated comment from a DJI rep now...
2015-4-25
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed reported in another thread that he had heard Ground Station for the Inspire is 3-5 months out still.
2015-4-25
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Hong Kong

They have to be realistic, considering the evolution velocity of this market, if the soft is updated only in 3-5 months, nobody will own an inspire 1 by that time any-more!!!
2015-4-25
Use props
donfiedler.hotm
lvl.1

United States

The Solo is so far ahead already made I don't think DJI can catch up, DJI is driven by marketing, not support
2015-4-26
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

donfiedler.hotm Posted at 2015-4-26 18:38
The Solo is so far ahead already made I don't think DJI can catch up, DJI is driven by marketing, no ...

You are so right, the 3DR Solo has much better software and controls. After seeing what it can do I am almost thinking of selling up and changing.

Any more lack of support from DJI and I'll change camps without a second look.
2015-4-26
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I sure am looking at the Solo with all its abilities compared to the i1.  The bad support is the key item here to change my mind.  Sure going to keep watching that new machine.
2015-4-26
Use props
victorgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483379 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Recently, there are many reports of the Solo crashing....something wrong with their software? Any news of i1 getting the follow me functions? I know 3rd party apps have implemented for the i1 and Phantom, will DJI do it officially?
2015-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules