Calling P3P owners: please send 4K example footage of hovering over grass
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hello all,

This is a strange request, but I am trying to determine if my Phantom is defective or not, which might save me a month or so if not because I wont have to send it to DJI.

What I have noticed is that 4K footage I make has a flicker effect, particularly under bright light conditions and when shooting at bright scenes e.g. fields, grass, etc. I have already made threads on the matter, but here is the video so you can see what I mean:

(The raw footage makes this effect more obvious)

I do not notice the effect in anyone else's footage, but this could be because the aircraft is moving in most shots I see on YouTube. It would be a massive help for me if you could please send me some raw footage of grass, trees, anything with lots of contrast (shadows in the grass/trees are good for this), so that I can determine if the problem is limited to just me or if this is a problem with the design of the camera itself. It is only really noticeable when hovering so please only include footage where the aircraft is steady.

In summary:
  • Footage of grass, trees (maybe with shadows)
  • 4k raw/original footage (no YouTube uploads)
  • Hovering/still aircraft

Thank you so much if you do happen to have some footage which meets these requirements. I appreciate the time it takes to upload such footage, and do feel free to trim it down - all I really need is a few seconds to notice the effect. If you need somewhere to upload your video, a web host such as https://mega.co.nz/ would work well!

I really appreciate your help! Right now I'm a bit disappointed that I might have to send the Phantom back, but if it's a problem with all Phantoms I can learn to live with it.

Cheers
2015-6-10
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

I have this one, although it is at a high level above the grass/trees....

2015-6-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

4K, IMHO, is a marketing thing. I shot 4K over grass and the results were very poor. Vimeo does not display 4K, but you can download it.

Realistically, this is a $200 video camera - so expecting pro level results out of it (I have found) is fruitless.

The world is not ready for 4K in so many ways (bandwidth, etc. etc.)
2015-6-10
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thank you both! That is some of the best looking P3P footage I have seen. I don't see any pulsing there, perhaps it's a problem with my camera after all...

@droneflyers, I don't really intend to publish 4k footage but I'd like to be able to shoot 4k then downsample in order to get "full" 1080p (since the 1080p setting doesn't really shoot 1080p)

Again, thanks very much for the examples!
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules