Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

Bird= p3p
Fireware= 1.2.6
App- 1.2.0 ipad mini 2

When I got the P3P it was flying just perfect.  I have always had my wifi off when flying.  On 6-15-15 I updated to the 1.2.6 and started to notice signal lose.  I have control of the P3P but the video would go blank and the green turns to red and says "no signal" And of course I about crap my pants. Some times it would be for a few seconds and sometimes for minutes.  It will also do it 200 feet away in wide open places or hoovering 10 feet in front of me and also siting on the ground before take off.  I have tried different cables and everything I have read on different forums.  And from what I am reading the last two days alot of people are having this issue but I dont see much on here.

As of last night (first time it happened) I am now also getting the gimble motor overload message pop up.   From what I have read after the update we have went from 32 down to 8 sats in the radio channels. Which is making the signal weak.  Before all my bars was green and popping all over the place but they were all strong and the blue one locked on was strong.  Now all 8 are red small and the blue one locked on is very small.   Under the radio channel quality section it always now stays on POOR.  I tried relinking the remote to the bird last night but it still does everything.

Can anyone enlighten me on what the deal really is and why now I have being forced to fly with poor signal and warning me not to go far.  If this was going to be the case from DJI I would of not purchased one.  And anyone know why it was done without disclosing in was going to happen?  And anyone with a clue what to do to get signal back?

Thanks
2015-7-16
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

RE: Radio Channel Quality Poor? UPDATE!!!!!!

Ok update as of last night.  Got home and uninstalled the app and reinstalled from new being it did an update(read somewhere to try it) turned off app refresh in general settings on the ipad mini.  Turned on decode hardware in the app and turned off video cache in the app.  Last I went into the channel menu and chose custom and it locked on channel 14 but still looked weak across the board and I was still getting the warning of poor channel quality.  turned the video quality from high to low on the setting under the graph.  Installed the battery and calibrated and took off.  
Flew the whole battery with out an issue of loosing signal and no gimble error.  I was stoked.....   Installed a second battery and went in and put the channel back on auto and still low graph and the poor channel quality was there.   Calibrated again and took off.   The very first time off up and out at full speed the gimble error popped up for a  second and went away and never came back up.. Last night I could make it come on by taking off fast.  Other than that did not loose signal on the second battery either.   Will test some more tonight and report back.  Anyone with any comments my ears are open.......

2015-7-17
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its a FW Issue. I'm having the issue with Poor Quality and my partner is having gimbal overload issue. Happened after latest iOS App update date.
2015-7-17
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also from what DJI told me the Poor Radio CHannel Quality is for the Video Quality on the Lightbridge nothing to do with Tx Quality.
2015-7-17
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

That's what I am learning. But after the stuff I did last night I have not lost video signal one time and one had the gimble error twice out of 4  batteries now. I can live with that til they fix  the FW
2015-7-17
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

Today's update. We had a big  boat poker run at the lake and the bird did great as far  no signal lose. The only thing I kept getting is the picture  kept pixelating and freezing up at times. It seems to happen most if I tried to turn or start moving and it also did it just hovering. Did it on all three batteries. Any clues why?
2015-7-18
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

P3 Pro
IPad 2 Mini
Fw: 1.1.9

Until last week I've flew P3 Pro with no problems . Today after a week that it was stopped, I got constant red "no signal". I remove the propellers and I made a video record. I verified that are comunication between RC and .
I've still the firmware 1.1.9, because all the people are having troubles with the newest firmare(1.2.6) and until now everythink ok. After seeing all the posts here, and try everything,  the I Pad made au update of te dji app to the last one, 1.2.0(I didn't notice). Finally the last time I've tried, I saw the image and i think everythink is ok.
It was the app update?
2015-7-29
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

This was the answer given by DJI support:

The application will not let you fly without the latest firmware. After you update it you should rebind the RC and do the gimbal calibration.
2015-7-29
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mudcon Posted at 2015-7-17 21:07
Ok update as of last night.  Got home and uninstalled the app and reinstalled from new being it did  ...

Mudcon,

You are not understanding how the signal noise level graph is to be used.  This is NOT a signal STRENGTH graph, it is a SIGNAL NOISE LEVEL graph.  You want to chose a channel with the smallest (lowest) level on the graph and preferably one that also has low noise levels on adjacent channels and no periodic large noise level peaks.  Reducing your video transmission rate to lowest setting will reduce video decryption overhead and increase frame rate, so that was a good decision.
2015-7-29
Use props
apeterson
New

United States

I just started having this problem with my Phantom 3 Professional.

1)  I never had the problem before.
2)  I updated to the new release, v1.4.0010.
3)  Now, with the receiver just a few feet away from the Phantom, the screen loses signal and the receiver displays, "Radio Channel Quality Poor, Strong interference, please be cautious in long distance flight."
4)  When viewing the screen, and moving the drone, the video becomes choppy due to the weak signal.  
5)  I flew the drone anyway, and there was no worsening NOR improvement in the video.
6)  I turned the Wifi off and there is no improvement.  I turn it back on, and still there is no improvement.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you.
2015-9-17
Use props
david.varhol
lvl.1

United States

apeterson Posted at 2015-9-17 23:20

1)  I never had the problem befo ...

Having the exact same issue, anyone have a fix for this?
2015-9-18
Use props
daniel26or
lvl.1

Mexico

apeterson Posted at 2015-9-18 01:20

1)  I never had the problem befo ...

I am also having the exact same issue, I dont want to take the dron high I am afraid that it will go out of control.

Hope DJI comes with a solution for this.....

2015-9-21
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

You might want to check out this thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31201-1-1.html

Jerry
2015-9-21
Use props
johnmateosong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147674 ft
Philippines

How do we know if its a hardware problem (something we did while flying) and when its just a firmware problem?  
My P3P was doing ok when in the air it suddenly became blank.  I still had control althought the FPV does not work.  Even when I move the gimbal it doesn't respond but the P3P responds to the stick controls.
2015-10-1
Use props
tuankiet412
New

Vietnam

DJI Lightbridge uses radio channels which are within the ISM bands to transmit video back to the RC. The P3 has antennas in the landing gear that communicate with the RC on 2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz. DJI initially implemented 32 channels within this band but later discovered that only 8 channels (13 -> 20) were legally available. The other frequencies are in used by ham radio, satellite comm,  or are used by wireless carriers in various countries. See this spreadsheet for detailed channel specifications. https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... li=1#gid=1477125990

The 8 channels that are available for our use can also be used by wireless routers and repeaters, so depending on where you live and fly, you can get significant interference. Our RC defaults to automatic channel selection from channels 13 to 20, and can change channels if significant interference is detected during flight.

In firmware update 1.410, DJI has added an initial check for radio interference and alerts you to check your settings if it senses high interference within the spectrum. The radio settings and signal graph are located in the GO App under HD Video Link Signal Strength  .

The RC has two setting -> AUTO & CUSTOM
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules