OM 5 Gimbal Overheat Issue
3188 4 2021-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BHJ
lvl.1
United States

Just received my OM 5, set it up and started learning to use it with the Tutorials.  For some reason , the unit starts to vibrate very quickly and then I receive an error message on my iPhone screen in red stating "Gimbal Overheat."  I immediately turned it off and now when I turn it back on and it starts its setup, sometimes it begins to vibrate again, but then it stops and all seems fine. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?
2021-9-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you tell me the model of your phone using now? You can troubleshoot the problem through the following steps.
1) Check whether the mobile phone is on the compatibility list.

Compatibility list link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf

*If it is not in the compatible list, please verify the weight (230 ± 60 g), thickness (6.9 to 10 mm), width (67 to 84 mm) of the phone.

2) Remove the phone case and try again.

*As the mobile phone case may be soft, the clamping position of the mobile phone clamp may shift.

3) If the mobile device is small or thin (such as an iPhone 8, Nova 8, or OPPO Reno 5 Pro) or the mobile phone edge is arced, use the provided riser pad.

4) If a high temperature prompt appears in the app, it indicates that the motor enters self-protection status. After the above three steps have been checked, please restart the gimbal and DJI Mimo, and the issue can be resolved.

5) Use the magnetic phone clamp correctly. Make sure that the phone clamp is in the middle of the phone. Attach the magnetic phone clamp correctly to the gimbal.

Please pay attention to the following points:

1) Ensure that the magnetic phone clamp is in the middle of the mobile phone (via visual inspection).

2) Ensure there is no gap between the mobile phone and the magnetic phone clamp and that the magnetic phone clamp properly secures the mobile phone.

3) Ensure the dot on the mobile phone clamp aligns with the white dot on the gimbal.

If you have any other issues, do not hesitate to contact us.
2021-9-18
Use props
BHJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-18 18:21
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Could you tell me the model of your phone using now?

Thank you for replying so quickly.  Yes, I am using an iPhone 12 Pro.  I am mounting the iPhone without the case and I am centering the phone clamp in the middle of the phone correctly, per your diagrams.  Other than turning the OM 5 off, waiting a few minutes before turning it on again, is there another way to reset the OM 5?
2021-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BHJ Posted at 9-19 11:44
Thank you for replying so quickly.  Yes, I am using an iPhone 12 Pro.  I am mounting the iPhone without the case and I am centering the phone clamp in the middle of the phone correctly, per your diagrams.  Other than turning the OM 5 off, waiting a few minutes before turning it on again, is there another way to reset the OM 5?

Hi, there. Just to confirm, did you reset OM 5 to solve the problem of the Gimbal Overheat? If so, I am sorry to tell you that resetting OM 5 will not solve this issue. You can refer to this link for detailed methods: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=249931

If not, could you please explain in more detail what you want to reset? Thanks in advance.
2021-9-19
Use props
BHJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-19 19:16
Hi, there. Just to confirm, did you reset OM 5 to solve the problem of the Gimbal Overheat? If so, I am sorry to tell you that resetting OM 5 will not solve this issue. You can refer to this link for detailed methods: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=249931

If not, could you please explain in more detail what you want to reset? Thanks in advance.

Other than turning the OM 5 off and then on again, how else do you reset the OM 5?
2021-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules