Propeller Shadows | Phantom V+
3627 13 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ls
New
Portugal

Hi there,

I am REALLY annoyed by the propeller shadows in my Phantom Vision Plus footage. Specially because I only recognize them when I am done with the shooting and I look at the video on my computer later.
I have seen some solutions for older models for GoPro cameras - for example this:

or this

How to do it with the vision Plus camera? Has this ever been adressed? Sorry if there's a thread about it already - just let me know.

thank you!

2014-9-22
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Search ebay for Vision+ lens shade. If the sun is not at an angle to come down through the props, then this wont happen. Flying with the sun high in the sky is the worst. Early morning or late evening is the best.
2014-9-22
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am annoyed by this too and haven't come a crossed a fix yet. Short of trying to fabricate something yourself. Please, let us know if you find anything to prevent this! Thanks.
2014-9-22
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got this guy in the mail today. Too bad it's pouring rain and can't go out and test it. It looks like it just might do the trick!
Purchased on EBay from Mr. Droneworx. I'll let you know once I can test it.

Great service by the seller, by the way.

Sunshade

Sunshade
2014-10-1
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It is 3D printed, lightweight, and you can leave it on even when you place the Gimble Clamp and the Lens Cover.

Sunshade

Sunshade
2014-10-1
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-2 04:30
It is 3D printed, lightweight, and you can leave it on even when you place the Gimble Clamp and the  ...

Come on Tony little rain won't hurt.  ha ha Need a sunny day for that.
2014-10-1
Use props
ls
New
Portugal

yea... found something similar. Just haven't ordered it yet - too expensive shipping cost. (Living in Portugal.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dji-Phan ... 26sd%3D331317375387
2014-10-13
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Happy to report that this little hood, now called "Mr. Droneworx Duckbill Shade" on EBay works! It not only helps with prop shadow flicker, but also at night with the red cast from the LEDs. The EBay seller provides fast shipping and great after sales support.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camera-D ... obing-/141429679742
2014-10-13
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ls@grace-media. Posted at 2014-10-13 21:42
yea... found something similar. Just haven't ordered it yet - too expensive shipping cost. (Living i ...

It looks to me like this one will not allow you to place the gimble clamp on while the shade is installed. The duckbill from Mr. Dronework does not prevent the gimble clamp placement. Just a thought.
2014-10-13
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

Does anyone know if there is an weight issue and if it would case any problem for the gimbal motor ?
2014-10-13
Use props
rlmedina.pacifi
lvl.1

United States

Tony.. was your issue the same as this one ..

http://youtu.be/1RvNSMw2Mqs
2014-10-27
Use props
DiscoDave
lvl.1

Canada

skymaker6@gmail Posted at 2014-10-14 01:02
Does anyone know if there is an weight issue and if it would case any problem for the gimbal motor ?

Yes. That would be my question as well. Just leaving the lens cap on with the gimbal clamp off shows how the extra weight out front really drops the camera (unpowered). Can the gimbal motor handle that extra mass?
2014-10-28
Use props
rlmedina.pacifi
lvl.1

United States

I used some blue painters tape and it worked great.. I just ordered the black hood..Ill let you know how it goes.
2014-10-28
Use props
tender
lvl.2
Canada

I noticed that in my videos also.  Might have to try the tape thing, but I like the idea of the shade.  Becoming winter where I am, so there won't be much flying time left.   

thanks.
2014-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules