361 4 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aksel Smaksel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2096 ft

United States

Hi

I work in a small company where we have some drones that we fly with.
But since there isnt a lot of space, i was wondering if we could charge the batteries outside (5-15 deg C throughout the year at night)
Is there a minimum tempeture the batteries must charge and be contained at in order to not cause damage, or is 5-15 deg okay?

Thank you!
2023-1-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

Why not inside ? Is the company so small that you can't put a charger in office ? Or is it a fire safety recommandation ?

Outside the problem may be not temperature but moisture. It depend of your region.
2023-1-13
Use props
Aksel Smaksel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2096 ft

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-13 01:42
Hi,

Why not inside ? Is the company so small that you can't put a charger in office ? Or is it a fire safety recommandation ?

Its just that there's not a lot of space so the drones, batteries, chargers and all just lies around.

I live in Denmark, Scandinavia. Do you know a what moisture % could lead to harming the batteries?
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your inquiry. You may refer to the Guide(P.2 ): https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf   Charging the battery outside of the temperature range of 5℃-40℃ may lead to leakage, overheating, or battery damage.
2023-1-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Aksel Smaksel Posted at 1-13 01:45
Its just that there's not a lot of space so the drones, batteries, chargers and all just lies around.

I live in Denmark, Scandinavia. Do you know a what moisture % could lead to harming the batteries?

I will translate DJI Wanda' answers, it is not recommended to charge a battery if the temperature of the elements is not between 5 and 40 degrees Celsius.

When it's cold, between -10 and 5 you can charge your battery without problem between two flights, the battery having heated up during the flight, the elements are at the right temperature. You can check it in the app.

What worries me the most is that you will put the battery to charge outside, it will charge in less than an hour and the rest of the night it will go to local temperature. First, there is a risk of condensation if you bring your batteries inside where it is warmer. Secondly if it is below 15 degrees, the elements will not be hot enough. The app will notify you that the battery is below the recommended 15 degrees.

Good job DJI Wanda, there are the words "outside" and "temperature" in your answer. Don't be surprised that people think you are bots.
2023-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules