Dismal Product Support Focus 'Panting'
534 14 2023-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Flight distance : 529065 ft
Spain

I know from reading here and on other fora that many of you have reported fabulous product support from DJI. Well.....the world has to have a balance and I am experiencing some dreadful support. First of all it is now over a month since I reported the issue of my focus 'hunting' or 'panting' that is it repeatedly tries to focus and fails....going into and then immediately out of focus. I understand that often it takes a few days for an issue to be passed on to more experienced or knowledgeable colleagues so the first 2 or 3 exchanges did not yield much more than 'update the firmware' and I was OK with that. Then one bright spark at DJI just did a word search on 'Focus' and sent me every page of the manual where the word 'Focus' appeared highlighted in yellow whether or not that had any relevance to my issue. Then they told me to send it back. Then not to send it back. Then, again, to send it back. Then they sent two different shipping labels. Then it was lost for a week. Then it arrived at the 'Virtual Shipping Address' whatever that is. Then nothing happened for two weeks. Then an invoice arrived saying how much it would cost to replace the camera, the gimbal and the battery (answer was quite a lot!) Then they realised it was only 2 months old so the charges were cancelled out. Then it was on its way home! Yay! So the chosen logistics partner DHL in Germany sent a tracking link........and maybe they used a donkey to carry it from Germany to Spain because it took over a week.......Then tracking said it was to be delivered and then.........Nothing. No delivery. Tracking now shows 'Delivery delayed at Customer Request'.   Now a normal person cannot talk to DHL so if I am the customer I could not have requested delay and anyway I didn't so either DJI is the customer in which case what is going on or DHL is simply lying. In any case, with no telephone number for DHL, no email address, no on line comments or on line chat the only thing that I can do is contact DJI who again do.......Nothing. It seems 5 days of waiting is not enough time for the 'Relevant Person' in the 'Responsible Department' to pick up the phone and get DHL to do their job properly and stop lying to people. So.......I hope all you good people experiencing fabulous DJI support are enjoying it because the balancing act here has not been very nice.
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We noticed we have sent you an email just now, could you please check it? If you need any support, you can just let us know here anytime as well, we will do our best to help.Sorry again for the unpleasant experience and thank you for your understanding.

2023-2-10
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-10 05:29
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We noticed we have sent you an email just now, could you please check it? If you need any support, you can just let us know here anytime as well, we will do our best to help.Sorry again for the unpleasant experience and thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I have exchanged 20 emails with product support. I will look for your email of course but I think DJI has had a lot of opportunity to sort this issue out. The latest issue is of course DHL but why during the last 4 days DJI could not talk to DHL to get my drone delivered just is too hard for me to understand.
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-10 06:35
Hello. I have exchanged 20 emails with product support. I will look for your email of course but I think DJI has had a lot of opportunity to sort this issue out. The latest issue is of course DHL but why during the last 4 days DJI could not talk to DHL to get my drone delivered just is too hard for me to understand.

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap and check this problem.
Sorry again for your long waiting.
2023-2-10
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-10 05:29

I thought you might like to know. I got an email from DJI support. Now the parcel's status has changed from 'Delayed at Customer Request' and now it says 'Awaiting Schedule'....it has been waiting now since 7 Feb. This morning I contacted DJI who said 'That department is closed for the weekend so we cannot do anything' And So It Goes On
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-11 00:44
I thought you might like to know. I got an email from DJI support. Now the parcel's status has changed from 'Delayed at Customer Request' and now it says 'Awaiting Schedule'....it has been waiting now since 7 Feb. This morning I contacted DJI who said 'That department is closed for the weekend so we cannot do anything' And So It Goes On

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will follow it and keep you updated here asap.
2023-2-11
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-11 18:25
Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will follow it and keep you updated here asap. Besides, may we know how you contact our support? Then we can check more details and do our best to help asap.

So today's update......more messages 'We have informed the responsible department' but as far as getting my drone delivered, once more, Nothing.......DHL shows after a week 'Awaiting Delivery'
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-13 07:19
So today's update......more messages 'We have informed the responsible department' but as far as getting my drone delivered, once more, Nothing.......DHL shows after a week 'Awaiting Delivery'

Sorry for the belated reply.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we have checked your email already.
We noticed your needs and have asked the relevant team to handle it asap.
Besides, we will also follow your case here and keep you updated about your problem here asap.
Please don't worry.
2023-2-15
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-15 17:55
Sorry for the belated reply.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we have checked your email already.
We noticed your needs and have asked the relevant team to handle it asap.

So the update: DHL finally delivered the drone on 14 Feb.....so more than 2 weeks after they took the consignment. What I got back was my old controller, a new battery and a new drone. This is after I had received an invoice saying they were swapping out the camera. So far so good and I am very pleased to  be in the air again. What is not so good is that my emails to DJI asking for an explanation and recompense for the delay have gone not only unanswered but even unacknowledged.  
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-15 23:41
So the update: DHL finally delivered the drone on 14 Feb.....so more than 2 weeks after they took the consignment. What I got back was my old controller, a new battery and a new drone. This is after I had received an invoice saying they were swapping out the camera. So far so good and I am very pleased to  be in the air again. What is not so good is that my emails to DJI asking for an explanation and recompense for the delay have gone not only unanswered but even unacknowledged.

Thanks for the updated information.
We have forwarded your feedback to them already, please don't worry and wait for the update.
If there is anything else that we can do, please let us know here as well.
Thanks again for your understanding.
2023-2-16
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-16 04:05
Thanks for the updated information.
We have forwarded your feedback to them already, please don't worry and wait for the update.
If there is anything else that we can do, please let us know here as well.

So indeed an acknowledgement followed very soon after I posted. It said 'we have informed the relevant department'
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-16 04:20
So indeed an acknowledgement followed very soon after I posted. It said 'we have informed the relevant department'

Update:
Hi, there, sorry for the belated reply.
For this logistic problem, we have forwarded it to the relevant team, and they are currently confirming it.
You can also contact DHL to get more related information.
And we also noticed that you have received your package already, may we know if you meet any problems with your drone? If yes, you can contact us / technical support of the forum anytime here.
Thanks for your understanding again.
2023-2-19
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-19 23:23
Update:
Hi, there, sorry for the belated reply.
For this logistic problem, we have forwarded it to the relevant team, and they are currently confirming it.

Hello

Well DHL seem not to talk to end users....I could find no way to contact them at all when they said 'parcel delayed at customer request' which is why I contacted you....you have an account with DHL, you can talk to them, I cannot. The drone shows a strange behaviour on yaw clockwise in that it rises at the same time.....I have not yet got to the bottom of this. Obviously it is the same stick that controls up and down and yaw so I need to do more tests in no wind.  As far as my complaint is concerned all you have to do is get DHL to report a trace on the delivery and get them to explain the 'delay at customer request' and then please answer my email.....more than 4 weeks is too long to wait.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-20 02:03
Hello

Well DHL seem not to talk to end users....I could find no way to contact them at all when they said 'parcel delayed at customer request' which is why I contacted you....you have an account with DHL, you can talk to them, I cannot. The drone shows a strange behaviour on yaw clockwise in that it rises at the same time.....I have not yet got to the bottom of this. Obviously it is the same stick that controls up and down and yaw so I need to do more tests in no wind.  As far as my complaint is concerned all you have to do is get DHL to report a trace on the delivery and get them to explain the 'delay at customer request' and then please answer my email.....more than 4 weeks is too long to wait.

Thank you very much for your timely update.
We have urged the relevant team to check the logistics issue, please keep an eye on your mail.
Besides, please let us know if you meet any technical problems with your drone.
Thank you again for your understanding.
2023-2-20
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

This is probably my last post on this thread. So my request for the more than a month to repair my drone to be compensated by extending my warranty and care contracts by a month was rejected. The reason was that since DHL actually had finally delivered then there would be no compensation. I have to say that I was left with the feeling that my email simply had not been read.....there was no mention of the support email where a helpful contributor had just highlighted the word 'Focus' in yellow in every instance in the manual or the conflicting 'send it back'  or 'don't send it back' advice. I was offered a filter set as a good will gesture which I accepted.....DHL again so let us see how the delivery works this time! As I write the drone is changing height when I Yaw to the right which is a new behavior but there is wind at the moment so I cannot really test it......No Focus Panting though at all.
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules