DJI Terra: Missing Images in 2D Reconstruction
1671 3 2023-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AEoitJfIxkeq
lvl.1
United States

I recently flew a 70-acre or so flight mission with DJI Pilot 2 and did a visible light reconstruciton with DJI Terra (2D Orthomosaic). After it finished processing, a large chunk of photos is left missing from the mapping mission and I am unable to determine what the issue is. Has anZtUBwHmO+m/JLZMkiD+8YqX/x/kne2yMmOJPgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==[/img]

2023-3-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Terra does this from time to time.  This may come from the precision of the geolocation of the images. Maybe !

The software does not necessarily deliver a clear error message.  It just deletes the data.  

Test with another software like Metashape there is a demo version for 30 days which works very well.  Otherwise there is Pix4D.  At least they will tell you if there is a problem with the image meta data or not.  

Terra is not yet mature enough to compete with this software in the professional environment in terms of performance, functionality and raster export.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_AEoitJfIxkeq
lvl.1
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-13 10:33
Terra does this from time to time.  This may come from the precision of the geolocation of the images. Maybe !

The software does not necessarily deliver a clear error message.  It just deletes the data.  

Thank you for the quick response! I will look into the other software.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_AEoitJfIxkeq
lvl.1
United States

Hi there! Since this issue, I have used the photos in a separate program (DroneDeploy).

I had the gap in photos issue with two separate reconstructions of different flight missions (also different areas). After reconstructing them both in DroneDeploy (instead of DJI Terra), I found that one had been filled in correctly, and the other was still left open. Are these encountering the same issue? I've heard that sometimes the SD card has an error, which causes the captured data to not show up in the reconstruction.

P.S.: Reconstruction 1 was over a pond, where the hole was in the dead center of the pond (fixed by using DroneDeploy, thank you for mentioning to try another software).
Reconstruction 2 was over a property and wooded area, where the drone was flying within 50 feet vertically of some trees. Would the trees being too close to the drone have any effect on the reconstruction? Thanks for your help so far!
2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules