Mavic 2 enterprise dual height issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Intrakota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13607077 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all,

From the uk, anyone flying a Mavic Enterprise Dual?

I have two DJI Mavic UAV's, a Mavic Pro which is built like a tank and fly's flawlessly, I also have the Mavic Enterprise Dual and its a nightmare because of issues with height, both purchased from new and fully updated with the latest updates because DJI like you to do that. In the beginning the M.E.D. Flew perfectly and was a joy to use, then one day DJI released some new software for it and from then on it became unstable and a danger in the skies, sounds a bit dramatic but......

I take off vertically to a height of 100feet above the take off point and fly at that altitude around a circuit, very rare do I ever have to adjust the altitude, however after this software update I find that the aircraft will increase in altitude without my knowledge, the smart controller I also bought brand new and is up to date with the latest software and obviously I'm using DJI Pilot to fly this device.
During flight the M.E.D. Will increase in height automatically to somewhere in the region of 250 feet, I'm not to keen on that myself because its putting me and other traffic at risk, when the aircraft returns using RTH although RTH is set to 100 feet it will fly back and 250ft for example and land showing a minus figure once it is on the ground ie. -160feet as an example, the figure does vary wildly and its worrying, very worrying, I'm constantly on the lookout for other traffic as we all should be.

By November 2022 I had had enough and sent it in to DJI Amsterdam to have the two front arms replaced because of cracks in the legs, I mentioned that it had been shot at by Pheasant Pluckers out hunting their Christmas dinner and I also mentioned the height issue I and many others (see MAVIC PILOTS FORUM) are having with the Mavic 2 Enterprise range of products. To my complete surprise the aircraft was replaced with a brand new model, I updated it and bound it to my account, the first flight was perfect but ever since then it has been a nightmare with the exact same height issues.
I've now set it's maximum altitude to 150feet but it has no effect, the aircraft will still ascend to 250feet and beyond without my knowledge or any input from me - this device is now a danger, I reported it to DJI who's response was "PLEASE WAIT FOR NEW SOFTWARE" very good to hear that from DJI as the company NO LONGER SUPPORTS THIS PRODUCT.

So, what would you do, do I report it to the uk's Civil Aviation Authority, should I stop flying it, sell it to someone else to fly regardless or donate it to the Ukraine. One thing's for certain, DJI are not taking there responsibilities seriously and in failing to do so are putting other parties and customers at risk, I have asked for the matter to be addressed by DJI but it falls on deaf ears and ends up in the too hard basket.

Well for me I'm done with DJI, I'm not buying anymore drones or anything with DJI written on it, they have proved that they either can't be bothered with or are not capable of fixing this safety issue and for me I'm not willing to put myself in the firing line for legal action over something that is DJI's responsibility to correct.

Regards.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules