missing flight records- M2EA and Smart Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darrylbiscuit
lvl.1

United States

I flew my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced yesterday with a smart controller for two battery cycles, and before I shut off the smart controller, the flights were shown in the flight record. I had at least 4 takeoffs and landings, and shut down the Mavic at least twice as I demonstrated it to a co worker.

A few minutes later, I turned the smart controller on to sync flights once I was in wifi coverage, and the flights were not showing in my list of flight records. I synced the flights, and synced with Airdata also, and the flights have not shown up.

When I access the flight logs on the smart controller via USB connection, these flights are still missing, but I do see a DAT file with yestereday's date.

Is there a solution? How do i retreive the flight logs and add these flights to my flight log record required by my agency?

Smart Controller has DJI Pilot v2.5.1.15, and the Mavic 2 Advanced has version 01.00.0520, remote controller version 01.01.0072. All apps appear to be up to date.

Thanks for any assistance.

2023-6-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the smart controller will permit it, try using the computer to search the smart controller for "DJIFligh" or whatever usually starts the name of your flight logs but run the search as close to the beginning of the smart controller's folder system as possible, so that the search searches as much of the file system as possible. It's worked for me with an Android phone.
Though no guarantees.
I'd also try creating a new log and see what happens to that and its DAT, all you need do is start the motors let them run for a few seconds then stop them. There should be a new .txt and DAT flight log. Assuming the drone hasn't been switched on since the last flight the new DAT's name would tell you if the DAT you found was DAT of the previous flight.
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Darrylbiscuit. Thank you for reaching out. The flight record of the remote control will only be generated when the aircraft is unlocked. The flight control data is generated every time the aircraft is switched on and is recorded in the aircraft's body memory.

It is recommended to unlock the aircraft and then check whether the flight logs are generated on the remote control side, if not, it is recommended to record a full video of the operation and provide us with the remote control log.

Exporting DJI Smart Controller App Logs
1. Power on the remote controller.
2. Connect the remote controller to a PC.
3. Select “Transfer files” in the option that appeared in the remote controller.
4. Open the hard disk root directory in the PC, and find “RM500” or the “Smart Controller” drive and open it.
5. Find the required log file folder based on the app’s storage path, and send the entire file folder.
2023-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules