Serious problem - RS3 battery grip and safety button
1462 9 2023-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iniku
lvl.1

Poland

Hello DJI and forum users!

I bought my first gimbal RS3 (not pro) and painfully found out about the disadvantage,
which is the grip with a battery for the gimbal's electric construction.

While doing work, the lever accidentally went to the unlocked position without pressing the safety button,
gravity was enough and the device fell to the ground - destroying some of my mounted equipment.

On the manual (at least in polish because I'm from Poland, but I can see it also in english) it says:
"To remove the grip, toggle the lever to the unlocked position, hold down the safety button, and pull the grip away from the gimbal."

NO! The grip fells off without pressing the safety button. It does not protect against anything.

After the accident I started researching and I've seen that this has been written about RS3 PRO on the forum before,
but it's been a while and I think it should be brought up again, because it's reprehensible.
That was a thread of the fansfabdfe10 user. His fears came true but on my slightly different model.

When I see people walking around with these gimbals,
risking the loss of equipment worth far more than mine, it makes my hair stand up.

It is also interesting that the lever in my model does not go to the end of the closed position of the padlock.
It stops in half way.

I'm curious if other people also have a similar issue.
Please pay attention to how your battery grips behave.

Kind regards,
Iniku

2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Iniku. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-8-21
Use props
GeoffOC
lvl.1
Australia

I've had this same issue with the Ronin s3 Pro. This is one of a few major design oversights.

Also it can't seem to power a BMPCC 6K camera properly from the gimbal battery with the Ronin S could. Is there any official information about with it is supposed to be able to?
2023-8-21
Use props
Iniku
lvl.1

Poland

GeoffOC Posted at 8-21 17:37
I've had this same issue with the Ronin s3 Pro. This is one of a few major design oversights.

Also it can't seem to power a BMPCC 6K camera properly from the gimbal battery with the Ronin S could. Is there any official information about with it is supposed to be able to?

How did you deal with it? Did you replace the gimbal? Or did you return it under warranty?

I wonder what can be done in such a situation. Due to the defect of this gimbal, the device damaged my equipment
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We received the response from our engineers.
About your feedback about the handle, we thank you for your feedback.
Components related to the fixing and locking of the gimbal and grip include the grip lever, safety button, and the lever inside the port connecting the gimbal and grip. This linking mechanism comprises different parts. In addition to the locking function, when the grip lever is toggled to unlock position, the lever will be unlocked due to the structure linkage effect. In addition, the lever is designed with internal and external inclined surfaces, when it is removed with force, the lever will retract along the slot on the inclined surface to remove the battery grip.
Apart from controlling the lever, the safety button also prevents the grip lever from springing back. Given this, when removing the grip, we recommend holding down the safety button and pulling the grip away from the gimbal.

Regarding the safety toggle, you can push the safety toggle until it is not able to be pushed down and the battery handle is locked. The off symbol is a reminder to the users of the direction of operation, and it does not mean that the safety toggle necessarily needs to be pushed to this position.
2023-8-23
Use props
Iniku
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-23 04:21
Hello, there. We received the response from our engineers.
About your feedback about the handle, we thank you for your feedback.
Components related to the fixing and locking of the gimbal and grip include the grip lever, safety button, and the lever inside the port connecting the gimbal and grip. This linking mechanism comprises different parts. In addition to the locking function, when the grip lever is toggled to unlock position, the lever will be unlocked due to the structure linkage effect. In addition, the lever is designed with internal and external inclined surfaces, when it is removed with force, the lever will retract along the slot on the inclined surface to remove the battery grip.

Thank you for your answer.

Strange, how is it possible that for some gimbals, the lever moves halfway and for others to the closed padlock position?

When it comes to the safety button....

I understand the location of the safety button and that it should be pressed in when removing and attaching the handle, because it is easier that way. But that does not protect against anything.

You do not even need to use your strength, just accidentally tilt the lever and while using the gimbal, turn it upside down during filmming, gravity will pull it down after some time, detaching from the device and destroying the equipment.

It's unthinkable that the handle, when accidentally moving the lever to the open position, without pressing the safety button, loosens and can fall down with all the equipment - and that happened in my case. I didn't expect something like that from such expensive gimbal...

I do not need gimbal, which can accidentally come off in the heat of work.

As in another thread, I will ask in a similar way as a user from the recent past:
Please tell me if the button has any safety functions or if it is mainly decoration and the battery holder just falls off without touching the button should be considered "normal"?

Thank you.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Iniku Posted at 8-23 05:45
Thank you for your answer.

Strange, how is it possible that for some gimbals, the lever moves halfway and for others to the closed padlock position?

As in another thread, I will ask in a similar way as a user from the recent past:
Please tell me if the button has any safety functions or if it is mainly decoration and the battery holder just falls off without touching the button should be considered "normal"?

If you really think it is abnormal, we will recommend you send it back for further diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2023-8-24
Use props
ski_tele
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-8-24 02:06

Somewhat off the topic, I have the RJI DS3 Mini Gimbal. Can the battery handle even be detached? It doesn't look like it can, and makes it consumes a huge space while traveling.
1-8 04:02
Use props
ski_tele
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-8-24 02:06

Somewhat off the topic, I have the RJI DS3 Mini Gimbal. Can the battery handle even be detached? It doesn't look like it can, and makes it consumes a huge space while traveling.
1-8 04:02
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ski_tele Posted at 1-8 04:02

Hello, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience. For DJI RSC 2/DJI RS 3 Mini, the battery grip cannot be removed.
1-8 04:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules