Jello with video
1314 4 2023-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Good day everyone. I know a lot of Mini 3 owners have been reporting a lot of videos with Jello effect. Anyone else having issues with your Air 3. Just got mine and went through everything. Firmware updated using DJI Assistsnt 2 (consumer drone series) PC software on both drone and controller. Calibrated the IMU, Compass as well as the Gimbal. Brand new drone with first flight and actual measured wind speed of only about 3 mph with gust up to 10 mph. It os not really that noticeable so far but with only the one flight it's hard to know of it may be worse like some of the other Mini's I've seen but still there. I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with the wind, shutter speed or ND filter which I don't even have yet. I purchased a Mavic Air 2 just over three years ago and have almost 100 hours of flights of which 36 hours were with Dronelink and I never had any issues like this. Just to be clear I'm not talking about a slight shift in horizontal or vertical movement when shooting hyper-lapse in winds. This is a Jello effect or as I would compare to very tiny ripples like in water when shooting video. Even my Mavic Mini has never had this and it's very light weight. Only thing I read in the DJI Mini forums is DJI is forwarding the information to see if there is something they can fix but it's been awhile and still no update. Hard to believe it's an not some sort of problem with either with the gimbal, firmware or something else. I've only been able to do the one flight due to storms in my area so I'll go through everything again and even change all 4 props since I have three full sets and try again in a couple days. I watched a lot of Air 3 YouTube videos and reviews over the last several weeks or more well before I decided to purchase this drone. I never once heard anything mentioned about this issue while shooting video and I saw nothing myself. I've already heard all the possible reason why but any further info may help to get DJI to seriously look into this. Thanks for listening.
2023-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience, could you please upload the original (unedited) video file showing the issue via Google Drive and send the link here so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-1
Use props
Arizona Wyldwest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75194 ft
United States

Thank you for quick response. Firmware was up to date but I decided to go through everything anyway. I used DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drone series) PC software and did a firmware refresh on both drone and controller. I again Calibrated the IMU, Compass and Gimbal. I shot some more videos and and then transferred the footage from the drones SD Card using the DJI Fly app and the regular transfer method, (not the new Quick Transfer which I used the previous time.) Everything looks great now so I’m only guessing but possibly there may have been something with the new transfer method using the Quick Transfer or maybe a Firmware or calibration issue. Either way it all looks amazing now. Thank you for your time. Best regards, Mike.
2023-9-4
Use props
msmoker37a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576913 ft
United States

a serious shaking/jello effect would be a gimbal issue. you either need to re-calibrate the gimbal or get a new gimbal.
2023-9-4
Use props
Arizona Wyldwest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75194 ft
United States

msmoker37a Posted at 9-4 18:06
a serious shaking/jello effect would be a gimbal issue. you either need to re-calibrate the gimbal or get a new gimbal.

Thank you but I changed my user name, avatar and profile so I already got it working corrrctly. My response was back to DJI and you will see it is working fine now so nothing wrong with gimbal.
2023-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules