Does M4P have zoom?
1702 28 2023-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Does M4P have any other zoom cability than 2x in 12mp?  I'm unable to see anything else on this topic.  If i get this, i was planning on getting high enough so it won't be audible plus be able to zoom in on large game animals.
2023-11-13
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

It has 2x zoom for stills and 4x zoom for video, that being digital zoom in both cases.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-13 10:34
It has 2x zoom for stills and 4x zoom for video, that being digital zoom in both cases.

From what I saw the difference between digital & optical is negligable.
Do they make filters that increase power of viewing, maybe to 4x?  I can't see anything online which, I guess it means, they don't make this.
2023-11-13
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-13 10:59
From what I saw the difference between digital & optical is negligable.
Do they make filters that increase power of viewing, maybe to 4x?  I can't see anything online which, I guess it means, they don't make this.

I'm not aware of any zoom lenses for Minis, there are wide angle lenses, which of course have the opposite effect.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-13 11:32
I'm not aware of any zoom lenses for Minis, there are wide angle lenses, which of course have the opposite effect.

Not necessarily zoom but higher magnification which could act as zoom (say 2x min if at 1x on drone) and when you do a 2x, it'll be equal to 4x.  Does this make sense?
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. Thank you for raising this query with us. Please know that the DJI Mini 4 Pro supports up to 4x digital zoom. You may refer to the details below.

Photo (12MP): 1-2x

Video:
4K: 1-3x
FHD: 1-4x

The zoom icon in DJI Fly shows the zoom ratio. Tap to adjust the zoom ratio. Tap and hold the icon to expand the zoom bar and slide on the bar to adjust the zoom ratio. Use two fingers on the screen to zoom in and out. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-13 13:39
Hello, there. Thank you for raising this query with us. Please know that the DJI Mini 4 Pro supports up to 4x digital zoom. You may refer to the details below.

Photo (12MP): 1-2x

Thanks, I understand this.  What I'm referring to is a lens attachmemt that's added to gimble, similiar to the wide angle lens.  

I'm asking if there's, like a 2x magnification lense available.  Once attached, on photos for example which is a 1x-2x for 12 mp, it will amp the 1x to 2x and 2x to 4x and on video it will increase the 4x to 6x.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-13 14:42
Thanks, I understand this.  What I'm referring to is a lens attachmemt that's added to gimble, similiar to the wide angle lens.  

I'm asking if there's, like a 2x magnification lense available.  Once attached, on photos for example which is a 1x-2x for 12 mp, it will amp the 1x to 2x and 2x to 4x and on video it will increase the 4x to 6x.

Thank you for the clarification. We're sorry that we don't offer this type of accessory for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, however, you may consider checking our DJI Mini 4 Pro Wide-Angle Lens. Please visit this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-4-pro-wide-angle-lens Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-13 15:47
Thank you for the clarification. We're sorry that we don't offer this type of accessory for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, however, you may consider checking our DJI Mini 4 Pro Wide-Angle Lens. Please visit this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-4-pro-wide-angle-lens Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, a wide angle lense is in no way even similiar to a power lense with "x' magnification.  You understand this, right?  

What kind of magnification will I get with wide angle?
2023-11-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-13 14:42

I'm asking if there's, like a 2x magnification lense available.  Once attached, on photos for example which is a 1x-2x for 12 mp, it will amp the 1x to 2x and 2x to 4x and on video it will increase the 4x to 6x.

I'm asking if there's, like a 2x magnification lense available.  
No .. and if such a thing was available, the gimbal wouldn't be able to handle the weight.
Your Mini 4 pro is completely inadequate for what you want to do with it.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Labroides Posted at 11-13 19:53
I'm asking if there's, like a 2x magnification lense available.  
No .. and if such a thing was available, the gimbal wouldn't be able to handle the weight.
Your mavic 4 pro is completely inadequate for what you want to do with it.

I'm referring to the Mini 4 Pro not Mavic.  But i understand.
2023-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-14 04:20
I'm referring to the Mini 4 Pro not Mavic.  But i understand.

Sorry ... I meant the Mini.
The Mavic 3 pro is the drone best suited to what you are wanting.
2023-11-14
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Labroides Posted at 11-14 04:49
Sorry ... I meant the Mini.
The Mavic 3 pro is the drone best suited to what you are wanting.

Yes, but it's not worth double the price of what the mini 4 pro is for just getting a lens option.
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

e

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-13 15:57
Thanks.
Unfortunately, a wide angle lense is in no way even similiar to a power lense with "x' magnification.  You understand this, right?  

We're sorry that there's no accessory to meet your demand at the moment. Rest assured your concern will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-14
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-14 10:58
Yes, but it's not worth double the price of what the mini 4 pro is for just getting a lens option.

Not to me it isn't since it's not a mini.  It's bigger & noisier.  Plus, I'm not a professional which the mavic 3 pro is recommended for.  If I get m4p & become an expert using it, maybe I'll upgrade.  By then, the mavic 3 pro will probably be cheaper.  I'm not going over my head and spend $1,300+ more for use of more zoom.
2023-11-14
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-14 12:38
Not to me it isn't since it's not a mini.  It's bigger & noisier.  Plus, I'm not a professional

Here's what I found:

The Mavic 3 Pro has telephoto lenses, so you are getting close in optically, plus optical zoom and digital zoom on that.
https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-3-pro
I've not used one, but would think that would give much better results for getting close up without really getting close.
But yes, more expensive, you get what you pay for.
2023-11-14
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-14 12:59
The Mavic 3 Pro has telephoto lenses, so you are getting close in optically, plus optical zoom and digital zoom on that.
I've not used one, but would think that would give much better results for getting close up without really getting close.

Not yet.  
I'm a beginner, not a pro & not ready for one like this.  I'll wait until I've gotten some flight time in on a smaller drone.
2023-11-14
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-14 12:59
The Mavic 3 Pro has telephoto lenses, so you are getting close in optically, plus optical zoom and digital zoom on that.
I've not used one, but would think that would give much better results for getting close up without really getting close.

So, tell me something.  
Would you buy a Mavic 3 Pro if you had 0 flight miles under your belt solely for the benefit of obtaining stronger than 2x magnification photo & 4x video?  You seem like a pro with over 18 flight miles, according to your profile, why don't you have a mavic 3 pro?
2023-11-14
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-14 13:33
So, tell me something.  
Would you buy a Mavic 3 Pro if you had 0 flight miles under your belt solely for the benefit of obtaining stronger than 2x magnification photo & 4x video?  You seem like a pro with over 18 flight miles, according to your profile, why don't you have a mavic 3 pro?

Honestly, no. But it is about use case, zooming isn't a priority for me, I've never even used the zoom on my M3P yet.
I'm not demanding that you should buy the Mavic, just pointing out that it does have superior telephoto capabilities, since that seems to be important to your needs.
"You seem like a pro with over 18 flight miles"
No, not a pro in the world of drones. I'm still quite new to that. Though I have worked many years in photo/video-graphy, the drone is just another tool in my camera kit bag, which has its uses.
18 miles isn't really a lot, take a look at the mileage of some of the others here.
For me, I chose a Mini because A, it is cheaper and B, the <250g laws offer a lot more freedom to where/how I can fly.
But everyone has their own budget, needs and use case. So it's down to deciding what is right for you.
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-15 10:54
Honestly, no. But it is about use case, zooming isn't a priority for me, I've never even used the zoom on my M3P yet.
I'm not demanding that you should buy the Mavic, just pointing out that it does have superior telephoto capabilities, since that seems to be important to your needs.
"You seem like a pro with over 18 flight miles"

Thanks for the input.

Well, since I have really no experience yet in drones, I really don't want to invest top dollar,yet , until I feel comfortable in the bells & whistles m4p has.  Once I decide to get the m4p, I'll play with it & see what its potential is.

Btw, this was posted in another thread but, from your experience in an m3p now (seems like you may have gotten combo vs combo plus) would you have gotten a combo plus for the extra 12 minutes flight time or like sticking with the std battery?  This is my last contemplation before getting mp4.

2023-11-15
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have the "Fly More" kit with standard batteries. I believe the Plus Batteries put you over the 250g mark, which means more restrictions. I'm not sure they are even available here.
It may be different in the US.
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-15 12:35
I have the "Fly More" kit with standard batteries. I believe the Plus Batteries put you over the 250g mark, which means more restrictions. I'm not sure they are even available here.
It may be different in the US.

I live in US.  Yes, fly more has std batteries where your only obligation is taking TRUST exam whis is an easy pass.  If you go over 250g, the only responsibility you have is regeristering with FAA, plus $5.

Restrictions are the same in US at or over 250g.  Maintain distance within sight level, max altitude 400 ft above ground, don't fly over congested area or federal or state facilities, and if you fly for pay, you must take part 107 exam.

My question was, if you didn't have such restrictions where you are, would you have gotten the fly more combo plus?
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_U2W095cMCzx9
lvl.1

United States

Does anybody know when or if the mini series will get optical zoom? I have seen the mavic and air series get optical zoom which I have enjoyed. However, I would like the optical zoom on a more compact and lighter drone (i.e. the mini series). I would like to see this become reality, as when traveling I don’t often have the ability to bring an air or mavic drone.
5-22 20:19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_U2W095cMCzx9 Posted at 5-22 20:19
Does anybody know when or if the mini series will get optical zoom? I have seen the mavic and air series get optical zoom which I have enjoyed. However, I would like the optical zoom on a more compact and lighter drone (i.e. the mini series). I would like to see this become reality, as when traveling I don’t often have the ability to bring an air or mavic drone.

I have seen the mavic and air series get optical zoom which I have enjoyed. However, I would like the optical zoom on a more compact and lighter drone (i.e. the mini series). I would like to see this become reality, as when traveling I don’t often have the ability to bring an air or mavic drone.

The only DJI consumer drone that had optical zoom was the discontinued Mavic 2 zoom.
It wasn't great.

Neither the Mavic 3 pro nor the Air 3 has optical zoom and it's unlikely that a mini will have optical zoom in the near future..
5-22 20:44
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Does anybody know when or if the mini series will get optical zoom? I have seen the mavic and air series get optical zoom which I have enjoyed. However, I would like the optical zoom on a more compact and lighter drone (i.e. the mini series). I would like to see this become reality, as when traveling I don’t often have the ability to bring an air or mavic drone.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will surely gather this suggestion and forward it to the relevant team for attention. Please note that we always consider the hardware capabilities, this ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
5-22 21:09
Use props
djiuser_U2W095cMCzx9
lvl.1

United States

Understood, will be looking forward to getting my hands on a potential DJI mini # zoom later down the road.
5-23 20:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_U2W095cMCzx9 Posted at 5-23 20:54
Understood, will be looking forward to getting my hands on a potential DJI mini # zoom later down the road.

We appreciate your understanding. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
5-23 21:47
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Does anybody know when or if the mini series will get optical zoom? I have seen the mavic and air series get optical zoom which I have enjoyed. However, I would like the optical zoom on a more compact and lighter drone (i.e. the mini series). I would like to see this become reality, as when traveling I don’t often have the ability to bring an air or mavic drone.

Does anybody know when or if the mini series will get optical zoom?

Be realistic. You probably understand that a zoom lens weighs more than a fixed lens, right? The Air series, like the Mavic, does not have a zoom, but fixed lenses at different focal lengths and the weight of the camera is very large. This will require significantly changing and making the camera control unit heavier. In the Mini series, the weight is calculated to be up to 1 gram; for this, the body is greatly lightened and weakened. Make a camera with multiple lenses in a drone up to 250g. it's not real. In any case, you shouldn’t count on this in the near future.
5-23 22:47
Use props
djiuser_U2W095cMCzx9
lvl.1

United States

Serg SSA Posted at 5-23 22:47
Does anybody know when or if the mini series will get optical zoom?

Be realistic. You probably understand that a zoom lens weighs more than a fixed lens, right? The Air series, like the Mavic, does not have a zoom, but fixed lenses at different focal lengths and the weight of the camera is very large. This will require significantly changing and making the camera control unit heavier. In the Mini series, the weight is calculated to be up to 1 gram; for this, the body is greatly lightened and weakened. Make a camera with multiple lenses in a drone up to 250g. it's not real. In any case, you shouldn’t count on this in the near future.

All,
I understand that true optical zoom is very unlikely in a sub 250g drone. However, when I refer to me wanting a mini with optical zoom I am referring to a hybrid zoom. That being you have 2 cameras with different focal length similar to the mavic 3 and air 3. And yes I understand that with each additional camera the drone becomes heavier, that is also why I made the suggestion of a one off DJI mini # zoom (with likely smaller cameras and less features to accommodate for the weight restrictions) later down the road (not this year, not next year, nor two years from now, but later).
5-24 14:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules