M4P combo vs combo plus viewpoints
8414 9 2023-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

I've decided on geting the M4P but one last step is deciding on which package, combo or combo plus.  I'm in USA and the only requirement between the 2 is registering with the faa (with $5) for combo plus (besides taking TRUST on both) which isn't really a big deal.

Based on experiences on combo plus, has anyone had any thoughts that they wished they would have went with just the combo based on usage?  It's a $60 difference but if you had a chance to rethink your purchase, would you have gone with combo?

On the other side of things, ones who bought the combo, do you wish you would have gotten th combo plus, based on your usage?

2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The only difference in this combo is the DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly More combo plus has the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Plus while the other has a standard battery. If you need an extended flight time, you may purchase the combo plus. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-15
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 22:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The only difference in this combo is the DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly More combo plus has the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Plus while the other has a standard battery. If you need an extended flight time, you may purchase the combo plus. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi.
I totally understand what the differences are in the 2 battery types (combo = 34 mins flight /combo plus = 47 mins flight).  I was asking the group if they would prefer a longer flight battery over the other or visa versa, considering what they have now and experience with it.

If they chose the fly more combo, considering the experience they have with it now, if they wished they would have upgraded to fly more  combo plus with a longer flight time or 47 mins or if they are satisified with the package they have with fly more combo with 34 mins.
2023-11-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

This might help - on one battery; you can't fly longer, but you can fly less. More time is ALWAYS better.
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-16 08:52
In the USA there is no logical reason not to get the Plus combo.  The drone has embedded RID & the FAA number costs $5.  The requirements are otherwise identical for both combos.  For only $50 more I definitely recommend the FlyMore Plus Combo.

Thanks.  No, if drone is under 250g, no registration is required with the $5 but with both you do need to take TRUST test.  Anything over 250g, there's a seperate sight you need to register on with a $5 fee.

It seems like you just contradicted yourself.  Excuse me if I'm wrong.
On 1st sentence, you said "....no logical reason to get Plus combo"(i'm thinking you meant combo plus??)
Last sentence you indicated that "...$50 more I definately recommend the FlyMore Plus Combo".
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-16 11:15
To clarify, "...no logical reason not to get the Plus combo unless you can't afford $5 for the FAA fee."  
If you can afford the drone it stands to reason you can afford the $5 registration fee.

Got it.  Thanks.
The $5 is negligible.

How much is speedmimpared with the extra weight?
2023-11-16
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-16 13:37
You won't notice any difference in speed.  The extra 10-15 minutes of flight time per battery is definitely worth the $50.

Cool, you helped alot.  Guess it's better than getting the std combo & going back to bye the plus for $90

Thanks
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-16 04:04
Hi.
I totally understand what the differences are in the 2 battery types (combo = 34 mins flight /combo plus = 47 mins flight).  I was asking the group if they would prefer a longer flight battery over the other or visa versa, considering what they have now and experience with it.

We appreciate your response. It seems that you already have the information you need. Should you have any technical inquiries about your product, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-21
Use props
Jordan25
New

United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 2023-11-16 11:29
Got it.  Thanks.
The $5 is negligible.

Good question, I'd like to find the answer too. Will the extra weight have any significant effect on the drones top speed?
4-16 21:09
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 469409 ft
Bulgaria

Well, these flight times 34/47min are theoretic under lab conditions, the real gain will be max 10min, considering the different regulations for below and over 250, I don't think 10min pays the hassle if you travel abroad
4-16 21:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules