Multitrack audio
638 12 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yepyes
lvl.1

United States

I have a Comica external USB-C mic connected to the camera for better audio quality. However, I have read and heard that I can later see and edit both the audio track the internal mics record with, and also the audio track of the external mic. However when I play the videos back in the camera, there is no option to mix any audio tracks. As soon as I connect my USB-C mic in, there is no more option for wind reduction settings, as this is for the internal mics. However, if the setting is gone, is it really using the internal mics anymore? What I want to do, is to be able to see both audio tracks and adjust the levels, and process them differently in post-production. How do I do this? Thank you!
2023-11-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

When you connect an external mic, internal mics are disabled.
2023-11-25
Use props
yepyes
lvl.1

United States

johansenfoto Posted at 11-25 14:06
When you connect an external mic, internal mics are disabled.

Is there no way to record both the internal camera mics and the USB mic at the same time? My external mic is a normal mono mic, so there is not going to be any stereo sounds without the other stereo internal mics.
2023-11-25
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

I also have the Comica VM-10 Pro.  I love it.  It is a mono microphone,   The internal microphones are completely disabled, so the left and right track is just the mono from your external USB-C camera.   You have to get a separate external recording source that you can later time-sync in your post production applicaltion.
2023-11-25
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3

Jamaica

Your other choice to get stereo would be to get the DJI wireless mic, and use both wireless microphones simultaneously in stereo so the audio is recorded uniquely on each track for your later mixing.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-11-25
Use props
yepyes
lvl.1

United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 11-25 16:09
I also have the Comica VM-10 Pro.  I love it.  It is a mono microphone,   The internal microphones are completely disabled, so the left and right track is just the mono from your external USB-C camera.   You have to get a separate external recording source that you can later time-sync in your post production applicaltion.

I got the camera for travel vlog purposes. I was wanting the ability to have the ambience and city sounds covering the stereo field and the main mic picking up the dialogue in mono. Why get an external mic that will cancel out the rest of the stereo field and squeeze it all into mono? I don't know why I went out of my way to buy an external mic then. So none of this is possible?
2023-11-26
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3

Jamaica

As you know the Comica VM-10 Pro is a directional microphone meant to capture only what it is pointed at (mainly you or the subject).  Having the ambiance and city sounds detracts from the purpose of having this specific microphone in the first place.

You are better off just using the built in microphones (in stereo, wind reduction OFF), capturing everything, and simply boost your vocals in the editing process (or just talk much louder).

The VM-10 is doing what it is supposed to do.   You can also buy one of those $5 wired USB-C lapel microphones if you want to her yourself more clearly and still capture some of the background noise (but in mono).

As I said, The DJI wireless microphone is what you really want to use to record yourself and something specific like ambient noise in stereo.

When I want to record ambient noise, I just use the built in mics, and adjust the vocals in Davinci Resolve
2023-11-26
Use props
yepyes
lvl.1

United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 11-26 09:40
As you know the Comica VM-10 Pro is a directional microphone meant to capture only what it is pointed at (mainly you or the subject).  Having the ambiance and city sounds detracts from the purpose of having this specific microphone in the first place.

You are better off just using the built in microphones (in stereo, wind reduction OFF), capturing everything, and simply boost your vocals in the editing process (or just talk much louder).

Ok thanks! Both of the mics are intended for different things and that's exactly why I wanted to utilize both, and mix them accordingly in post, giving me total audio creativity/power. I wanted this Comica because it's going to be clearer with my vocals on a windy day with the dead cat windscreen. If I'm talking into the cam while I'm walking through the city, it's going to sound a bit weird if it's only picking up a mono signal of my voice. Nothing is going to be able to be panned to the left or right. If the viewer is going to be watching this on youtube especially with headphones, you are taking the user out of the scene by only having a mono track. So while the audio quality might be enhanced, you're destroying it by only being able to go mono. You have all this high quality video for the scene, but you're stuck with a mono track for every scene.
2023-11-26
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3

Jamaica

He must have heard you when he released this video today.
2023-11-26
Use props
yepyes
lvl.1

United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 11-26 20:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDsM_u8iOs

He must have heard you when he released this video today.

Great, so now I need to get 2 different mics just for some stereo ambience. )
2023-11-27
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3

Jamaica

I notice that each day that YouTube channel is posting things as though it was a direct answer to your question.  
You are ignoring the answer to your original dilemna.  The native camera's microphone is already sufficient for the stereo ambiance.  You can choose to enhance your vocals in the editing process.

If you want to spend some money, and buy the official DJI wireless microphone (with the 2 mics).  With the setting in Stereo (of the receiver and the camera), one microphone would be mounted on you, and the other strategically placed to get the ambiance.   You have already acknowledged that the Comica is Mono, so you will have to spend more money in either case to get what you want (if it isn't the native camera mics).
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. The unit does not support this feature as of the time being. We will gather this feedback of yours as a suggestion and will surely forward it to our developers for future consideration. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules