Ronin M App Connectivity Issue
714 2 1-8 13:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Et.
New

Netherlands

I recently purchased a Ronin M for an project, but I have encountered a issue with connecting the Ronin app to my phone. Despite numerous attempts, the app consistently fails to establish a connection. After troubleshooting, I suspect that the problem may be related to the previous owner's account still being associated with the device, making it impossible for me to reset or reconfigure it.

The frustration does not stop there. My experience with the laptop/mac support provided by DJI has been nothing short of horrendous. The software is unreliable, and its performance leaves much to be desired. It connects sporadically at best, rendering it practically useless. It pains me to admit that I find it disgusting to even open the program due to its subpar performance.
I am now at a loss for what to do next. I need to resolve this issue promptly to proceed with my project.

Is there any way to completely reset the Ronin M so that I can establish a new, reliable connection with my phone? Alternatively, am I left with no choice but to purchase an entirely new Ronin M unit because of these frustrating and seemingly insurmountable connectivity issues?
I sincerely hope that DJI can address this matter promptly and provide a solution that allows me to use the equipment I have invested in without these exasperating setbacks. Any assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1-8 13:18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered when connecting the Ronin M to the DJI Ronin Assistant app.
May I know the mobile device and the Ronin Assistant app version you are using?
Please try the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Check whether the DJI Ronin Assistant app is the latest version.
2. Check whether the mobile device meets the following requirements: iOS 7.0 or later versions, Android 4.3 or later versions. Supports Bluetooth 4.0.
3. Make sure that the USB cable of DJI Ronin Assistant for PC/Mac has been disconnected when you are connecting it to the DJI Ronin Assistant app on the phone.
4. Ensure that the gimbal and the mobile device Bluetooth have been enabled.
5. If you can connect the Ronin M  to the computer, please check in the Ronin-M Assistant Software whether the internal receiver of the Ronin-M or Ronin-MX has been enabled. If not, try again after enabling it.
6. The password can be reset in the Ronin-M Assistant on the computer, you may try to reset the password and try again.
7. If you have other mobile devices, please try to use a different mobile device to connect the gimbal and see if it will work.
For your additional information, there is no binding relationship for the device with an account, when the Bluetooth is working, the gimbal is working, and the correct password is typed, the connection should be established.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, it would be highly appreciated if you could provide an operation video of the connection for us to check it further. Look forward to your reply.
1-8 17:49
Use props
Et.
New

Netherlands

Hey thank you for your quick response and the troubleshooting steps you've provided. Here's the information you requested, along with the updates on the troubleshooting process:

* I can confirm that I am indeed using the latest version of the DJI Ronin Assistant app.
* My mobile device is an iPhone XR, running iOS 17.3, which exceeds the specified requirements. Bluetooth 4.0 is supported on this device.
* I ensured that the USB cable of the Gimbal app for PC/Mac was disconnected when connecting it to the DJI Ronin Assistant app on my iPhone.
* Both the gimbal and my iPhone XR's Bluetooth are enabled, as instructed.
* I have verified the Ronin-M Assistant Software on my computer to ensure that the internal receiver of the Ronin-M is enabled. I enabled it and attempted the connection again.
* In case of any issues with the password, I already followed the instructions in the Ronin-M Assistant Software to reset it and retry the connection. (Did not work)
* Additionally, I don’t have access to another mobile device.

Your assistance is highly valued, and I look forward to resolving this matter promptly.
1-9 05:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules