GH6 compaitability
243 1 1-25 10:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emilio Corsetti
New

United States

I have a GH6 and just purchased the Ronin RS3 mini. I am unable to connect the camera to the gimble through Bluetooth even though the camera has Bluetooth. When using the USB cable that came with the gimble, I can get some functions to work but not all. I have the camera USB enabled and set to PC tether. The other options are PC storage and Pict Bridge. With the cable connected, none of the camera functions work, including record. When I try some of the remote functions using the Ronin App on a Samsung S21, I get a message asking me to connect the shutter cable. I'm assuming that is referring to the USB cable. One function that I plan to use is the track function. When I select track, I get a message about the cable not being connected. When I put the camera into push position and add waypoints. It works, even with the error message.
Here are some other issues I have encountered with the GH6 Ronin RS3 mini combo:

The thumbwheel only works in tilt. It will not pan. Same with the virtual thumbwheel in the app.

I have set the deadband to a recommended setting for lessoning camera drift, but the camera constantly drifts on the pan axis, making it difficult to control the shot.

I have searched online for solutions to these issues and have found limited help. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Emilio
1-25 10:51
Use props
Emilio Corsetti
New

United States

In going through the GH6 manual, I saw that there were four options for USB instead of the three I referenced in my post. When I selected the USB connection option and then retried the gimble, the thumbwheel worked the pan. There also seemed to be a little less camera drift, though that may be related more to my having a better understanding of the two different ways to lock the camera into position. I was initially unlocking both the gimble and the position slider. I didn't realize that that was wrong until I noticed the camera sliding when I tilted the gimble. Unfortunately, the camera options still don't work. It would be nice to at least have the record function work. The only thing I have yet to try is to use the USB cable that came with the camera. I'll try that and report back.
1-25 14:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules