geofencing, geozones, WHY?
243 5 4-4 02:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

I have a question for you. why is there geofencing? I totally understand above nuclear power station or an airport or something, maybe near airports, sure, but why do I often see it around a castle, church, lookout tower... where there is no airport, no internation, no local airport, just nothing only restriction zone.
4-4 02:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can check the zones and reasons on your national drone map - https://dronview.rlp.cz
4-4 05:22
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 05:22
You can check the zones and reasons on your national drone map - https://dronview.rlp.cz

than you, I am more curious generally, like Stonehenge etc.
4-4 05:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LeMagnifique Posted at 4-4 05:25
than you, I am more curious generally, like Stonehenge etc.

Ive flown stone henge, theres no restriction there.  

4-4 05:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, LeMagnifique. Thank you for reaching out. GEO Zones that prohibit flight are implemented around locations such as airports, power plants, and prisons. They are also implemented temporarily around major event venues, forest fires, or other emergency situations. Certain GEO Zones such as wildlife reserves and densely populated towns do not prohibit flight but do trigger warnings that inform users of potential risks. The above-mentioned zones where flight is conditionally allowed or prohibited are collectively referred to as the GEO Zones, which include Warning Zones, Enhanced Warning Zones, Authorization Zones, Altitude Zones, Restricted Zones, and others. By default, GEO limits flights into or taking off within zones that raise safety or security concerns. If a flight within one of these locations has been authorized, GEO allows users with verified DJI accounts to temporarily unlock or self-authorize their flights.
4-4 23:52
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

That's a really complex question. Sometimes there is some sense in putting a no fly zone over the area where crowds of people are gathering, like tourist attractions, to avoid possible injuries. In some cases, local authorities are just lazy. Like in my area they've put a permanent no fly zone over the whole city so they don't have to bother restricting multiple actual locations. In some other cases, governments are exploiting general EASA rules, for example, in Slovenia they've put no fly zone called "Pozidano" everywhere where at least one man made object exists. There are some other extreme examples, like somewhere in the US where local authorities declared road as a National park so that they have a legal basis to prevent flying.
4-5 00:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules