USB access to files on Action 4
123 2 4-22 14:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

[color=var(--primary-text)][size=0.9375]I had been able to simply connect the cable to my USB port on the laptop and down load all the pics etc. from the camera.

It would come with a selection message for me to select whether to  connect to transfer files over USB etc.

But now after updating to the latest version, after connecting the same cable to the same laptop, the camera screen come up with nothing, just the normal camera screen.

What have I done to change that other than the new firmware update?  Is there a setting to do that which I am not aware of.

Please help.

[color=var(--secondary-text)][size=0.9375]Like

[color=var(--secondary-text)][size=0.9375]Comment

[color=var(--secondary-text)][size=0.9375]Share

4-22 14:46
Use props
vesh
lvl.3

Malaysia

If action 4 is not recognized after being connected to a computer to transfer data files, you may try follow the below troubleshooting steps which might help to resolves.

1. Confirm if it has been mounted on the SD card. If not, please plug in the SD card to have a try.

2. When the Osmo Action 4 recognizes computer, a prompt will appear on the touchscreen asking “connect to computer?”. Please select “Accept”; For the Osmo Aciton 4/Osmo Action 3/DJI Action 2, please select "File Transfer".

3. If the File Transfer prompt does not appear, please restart the device and then try changing the USB-C cable, computer port, and microSD card in sequence.

4. Check the computer being used by the user. If a Mac computer with an M1 chip is being used, it is recommended to use a microSD card reader to copy photos and videos. If possible, please use another computer.
4-22 18:57
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if the SD card is inserted into the camera when connected? If there is no File Transfer prompt up, please try to use another USB-C cable, connect to another computer port, or test with another SD card to see if it works.
4-22 23:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules