Hairline crack in Strut = $572 CPU Replacement?
1265 4 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.bergevin
New

United States

I sent in my Inspire to repair a hairline crack to my strut and received an invoice for $572 repair to the CPU in addition to the arm. Has anyone else had to have their CPU replaced?
Hairline Crack.JPG
2015-9-18
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

They charged me USD389 for a WMC Main Central Unit, but i think that as soon you make the payment the will email you that they will send a new unit, several members of other forums lived that experience recently.

Regards,

Leo
2015-9-18
Use props
david.bergevin
New

United States

If I may add a bit more perspective on this, my total bill came to $867 and, yes, they sent a new unit, however if I take my new car into the body shop for a dented fender I don't expect them to charge me for a brand new engine, body repair, repair fees only to send me a new car--my unit was basically new as it was. I feel the $572 charge is unwarranted along with some of the $130 "Repair Service" fee for repairs that were never performed.
2015-9-18
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

david.bergevin Posted at 2015-9-18 18:26
If I may add a bit more perspective on this, my total bill came to $867 and, yes, they sent a new un ...

I paid USD682 after a crash, mi I1 only broke a propeller and a leg, USD200 maximum bill, but they charged that, and the sent me a new one im happy, cause it will be a new unit, my rev was C, maybe this new unit its a D, that will come to a great result...

The USD130 repair service its because that at some point of the repair chain they will have to repair that old unit, so i guess its fair they charge you for that, remember, if you crashed your I1, and you could fix it yourself you still will have to buy the parts...

I hope you get me in the good context.

Regards,

Leo
2015-9-18
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

I crashed my I1 (100% pilot error) broke two arms, gimbal, camera. Sent it in for repair, DJI invoiced me $264.00 USD for the repairs and sent me a model D in place of my model A.
No problems here
2015-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules