Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todor
First Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello to all of you,

I am really curious about the results of this poll, because in the very begining I was also of these, who take off their UAVs with battery which is not completely charged.
To be honest with you, my first few flights were short - from 3 to 5 minutes, than land and again take off with less than 100% battery ( which is logical ), but while reading the forum topics I always try to "understand and investigate" for my self why the UAVs are falling of the sky. This is the reason of this poll and I hope to be honest while you answer

Fly safe,
Todor
Single SelectVote, Total 77 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-10-25
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

When I get to where I fly my batteries will be 100%. If I fly say for 8 minutes or so and land and turn off the Phantom and take a break say 5 minutes then fly again I don't put a fresh battery in. That's what the 30% and 10% warnings are for to let you know what flying time is left in the battery. Now if your going to do a mission and the calculated time will take most of the 80% to 90% of the battery then I will put in a 100% battery. Just general flying changing the battery after a few minutes fly you wouldn't get much flying time. We depend on our warning system in our Go App to let us know how much time is in the battery.
2015-10-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

With me it depends. When i know that I am going to fly I charge them to 100% to fly. When the batteries have discharged themselves to 50% and I am going to fly the next day, I will run the batteries down to the 10-15% mark which are short flights a few feet off the ground. I then let them cool down to room temp. and charge them to the 100% mark. I don't know if this answers your question or not?
2015-10-25
Use props
mikedaniels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48986 ft
United States

Percentage is important to watch but, also voltage level.
2015-10-25
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-25
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

i just had a look through my 150+ flight logs at HealthyDrones. I would say that around 75% of my "flights" are started with below 100% battery level. This meaning that I charge my batteries fully before going out to fly, obviously--- but then when i get the shot that i want, or fly where i want, i land & mess about. after which i fly again on the same battery, usually until the battery is to around 30%. switch batteries & fly on.

i cannot imagine why starting a flight with less than 100% would have any dramatic effect on anything other than your flight time. but hey, this is just my observation.
2015-10-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-10-26 03:00
i just had a look through my 150+ flight logs at HealthyDrones. I would say that around 75% of my "flights" are started with below 100% battery level. This meaning that I charge my batteries fully before going out to fly, obviously--- but then when i get the shot that i want, or fly where i want, i land & mess about. after which i fly again on the same battery, usually until the battery is to around 30%. switch batteries & fly on.

i cannot imagine why starting a flight with less than 100% would have any dramatic effect on anything other than your flight time. but hey, this is just my observation.

It is not possible to measure battery capacity of LiPo batteries in real time. The intelligence in the battery monitors the quantity of charge (charge current X time) and calculates the amount of charge put into the battery and also the reverse, the amount of charge used. But this figure is not 100% accurate, so if left for a while, the battery can lose charge. During flight, the aircraft CPU uses the known charge amount to work out, in conjunction with the discharge amount, a value to display on the controller. But it is also monitoring the cell voltage under load and if it gets very low, it can trigger a RTH or even an emergency landing. This is why it is always best to start with a freshly charged battery.
2021-9-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes - see #7  https://store.dji.com/guides/drone-crash/

Still not convinced?  Click on a few of these posts:  My poor P3s | DJI FORUM

Good luck
2021-10-1
Use props
Advanced