24094 73 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Have areleased another firmware today in Remote Controller firmware version 1.5.70.

This update is done using the DJI Go App. You must be running DJI GO App version 2.4.2 ( IOS ) or 2.4.1 (Android ) so make sure to update this first.

Main Updates:
1. Optimize the stability of the RC upgrade.
2. Support DJI Focus.

To update follow the easy steps.

1: Connect yout mobile device to the RC via the USB cable. make sure the mobile device has an internet connection.
2: Power ON the RC
3: Open the DJI Go App
4: You will be prompted that there is a new RC update.
5: Enter "Camera" in the DJI Go App
6: Enter "Aircraft Status"
7: Click "Overall Status"
8: Click "Download Firmware". Wait for it to download.
9: Click "Start to Upgrade" and wait. The RC will beep a lot and sometime stop beeping briefly. Just wait for teh App to say its finished.
10: Reboot the RC ( turn it OFF and On again ).

Restart the RC and verify the new firmware version is shown in Settings>About shows RC version 1.5.70
rc3.png
rc1.png
rc2.png
2015-11-26
Use props
Quadular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14682 ft
United States

Thanks sploodge, appreciate the time you take to make things easier for the rest of us!!

John
2015-11-26
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Many thanks. I thought I was all upgraded. After following your concise, explicit directions, I got my RC updated as well.

Again, thanks for such nice, exact, instructions.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-26
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

We thank you big guy. A Tutorial is always helpful to grab success the first time around.
2015-11-26
Use props
Lakefixer
New

United States

anyone else have their unit brick after the update failing?
2015-11-26
Use props
truckiejp
New

United States

YOOOO! I got the same message on my iPhone but no option to update via app. What am I doing wrong. Thanks!
2015-11-26
Use props
sealteam19
New

United States

Mine isn't completely bricked but I can't see the live footage on my phone. It says no signal but I can still control the aircraft and see changes such as sd removal. I updated the controller but had trouble with the aircraft. Would constantly fail with the SD card. Anyone have any idea?
2015-11-26
Use props
DoctorRennie
lvl.3

United States

My Phantom says "Aircraft Warming Up" forever...  I wonder what gives?

Scott
2015-11-26
Use props
Junito777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8908704 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks sploodge
2015-11-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

DoctorRennie Posted at 2015-11-26 14:35

Scott

Have you done a fresh IMU calibration?  Do a cold calibrate (including gimbal).  Then reboot everything and try again.
2015-11-26
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

A useful tip I learned from another forum.  During download of RC firmware, you may get a message "RC idle for too long" and the download pauses.  Just move one of the sticks and download will resume.  It paused 4 times for me during download (my DSL internet seems slower than usual this evening), but I know what to do because I had previously read about it.
2015-11-26
Use props
jason
New

United States

Ugh!! Why did I listen to "mandatory upgrade" probably the scary red flashing.... I downloaded it and tried to install on my Inspire and it failed at 97% It now demands that I upgrade and fails as soon as I hit retry. Its now a lovely $3,000 paper weight, and I am NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!! This version is also not on the site so I can't even try USB.  Any Help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2015-11-26
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jason@kymerabod Posted at 2015-11-26 23:58
Ugh!! Why did I listen to "mandatory upgrade" probably the scary red flashing.... I downloaded it an ...

Reboot the tablet then try again,

what device are you using ?

Try another if you have one.

if you don't delete the Go App and download it again then try the update, the firmware is cache in the app so if its corrupted it may be trying to keep instilling that one,

2015-11-26
Use props
Woffski
lvl.2
United States

Where is the relinking button located on aircraft????
2015-11-26
Use props
incog 9
lvl.1

United States

Had several,good,flights,on ver 1.4 then bam, p3p shows,green,on remote,and camera,yet will,not,get,past,,has select,device,to,launch page   1 does not show,camera connect page. What have I done now thanks, unavailable,will take off and fly.with no data and n GO APP . STRANGE
2015-11-26
Use props
incog 9
lvl.1

United States

Green camera and remote , no go app date received all black, will take off and fly remote,not receiving Dara's.,no issues,at all then Bamo
P3p
2015-11-26
Use props
jason
New

United States

Im Trying with my samsung S5 and rebooted both, and no luck... I finally have clear weather and days off to fly and Im grounded.... UGH!
2015-11-27
Use props
hendra_v2tech
lvl.1
  • >>>
Indonesia

my drone is normal before update 1.40.30 my drone is ok no problem . after aupdate firmware remote 1.4.30 my drone is problem. and i update firware remote 1.4.30 my drone pro 3 is problem no signal in app go camera is blank no picture.and drone is normal. i test update firmware 1.5.30 and remote 1.5.70 remote my pro 3 no signal again.and my remote problem bib bib red blinking remote is hot overhead app go say your remote is overheat u must turn off .can help me pleass anyone.
2015-11-27
Use props
jason
New

United States

Broke out an Ipad and the firmware updated with out incident. DJI beware there are issues with the android app with this update!
2015-11-27
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks splooge.
2015-11-27
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Thank you sploodge you are always on top of this and very helpful!
2015-11-27
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woffski Posted at 2015-11-26 19:21
Where is the relinking button located on aircraft????

http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Images/Phantom3-Link-Remote-Controller
2015-11-27
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Well this is the first time I've run into an issue doing the upgrade.  After I thought the craft was done with the upload, I did the upgrade on the RC as well.  That went fine...but when I power on the craft, I get a loud steady beeping sound that is not a firmware upgrade.  It doesn't seem to stop.  Even tried doing the whole process over again.  Any clues?
2015-11-27
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

truckiejp Posted at 2015-11-26 13:45
YOOOO! I got the same message on my iPhone but no option to update via app. What am I doing wrong. T ...

Turn on your P3 after turn on your RC and App. You will see the update warning.
2015-11-28
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This was helpful http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2420104
2015-11-28
Use props
ljwsteenbergen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 959783 ft
Netherlands

Many Thanks!!! Your help is great!! and very very much appreciated.

Bert
2015-11-28
Use props
pneyland
New

United States

sealteam19 Posted at 2015-11-26 12:19
Mine isn't completely bricked but I can't see the live footage on my phone. It says no signal but I  ...

Mine is doing the same. No live video. Firmware says it is upgraded but still fails if I leave the bin file on the sd card. Ill take any help
2015-11-28
Use props
pilot.fmwildblu
lvl.1

United States

Scott

Mine did that too and then I realized the dji go app was still on version 2.4  once I updated the app to 2.42 everything was fine. So...you need to update the aircraft, controller AND the dji go app also. Hope this helps!
2015-11-28
Use props
pilot.fmwildblu
lvl.1

United States

Scott

Make sure you updated the dji go app to version 2.42. Mine did the same thing until I realized I hadn't updated the app. Have to do the aircraft, rc controller AND the dji go app! Hope this helps you
2015-11-28
Use props
pilot.fmwildblu
lvl.1

United States

Scott

Make sure you updated the dji go app to version 2.42. Mine did the same thing until I realized I hadn't updated the app. Have to do the aircraft, rc controller AND the dji go app! Hope this helps you
2015-11-28
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

jason@kymerabod Posted at 2015-11-28 03:17
Broke out an Ipad and the firmware updated with out incident. DJI beware there are issues with the a ...

I too had an anomaly in the upgrade of Firm wear on the second of my two birds, both P3P. When the Drone firm wear finished the update, all lights and beeps were as they should have been. Took the card out of the bird and into the computer, and it showed a result bin file that said I had successfully updated the bird with soft wear from 1-2-15. I turned on the remote and the menu says I have the newest firm wear installed in the bird. Hummm so I up-dated the RC and it worked perfect, and again checked the menu to see if the bird's version had changed, and it is saying it is the latest firm wear. I then did cold IMU calibrations and they went perfectly and the gimbal calibration went fine.
So where did the bin file from 1-2-15 come from? It was not on my card, because I had cleared the previous firm wear and the success bin file, from the card before I put the new stuff on it.
Haven't flown so I guess all is well.
Seems this is a good place to point out anomalies when they occur.
2015-11-28
Use props
zlajevic
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks for the explanation. What do you mean by rebooting the RC?
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-26 04:43
We thank you big guy. A Tutorial is always helpful to grab success the first time around.

Aloha Roger,

Ahhh?  I thought that was supposed to be a shotgun?

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
DoctorRennie
lvl.3

United States

pilot.fmwildblu Posted at 2015-11-29 10:48
Make sure you updated the dji go app to version 2.42. Mine did the same thing until I realized I h ...

Yep, that was it!
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

zlajevic Posted at 2015-11-28 21:03
Thanks for the explanation. What do you mean by rebooting the RC?

Aloha zlajevic,

Reboot means the same as restart.  In computer terms, a reboot allows programs and platforms to relink and communicate.  The Phantom 3 is a network of 3 minicomputers.  The tablet or phone, the Remote Control and the Phantom 3.  The 3 minicomputers need to communicate well if they are going to work properly.  

Be sure to turn on the three minicomputers in the right order.  Tablet or Phone first, the RC second and make sure the DJI Go app is starting properly.  Then the P3 before the DJI Go app goes into camera view.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-29
Use props
zlajevic
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-29 09:37
Aloha zlajevic,

Reboot means the same as restart.  In computer terms, a reboot allows progra ...

Thank you very much ;)
2015-11-29
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

If you are on an old version do we have to upgrade each version or can we just jump to this one?
2015-11-29
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-11-29 10:03
If you are on an old version do we have to upgrade each version or can we just jump to this one?

If you are on an older FW to 1.3.20 then update to this first as its the oldest version to support the DJI Go App method of updating the RC... Otherwise, just update to the latest.
2015-11-29
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-29 02:56
Aloha Roger,

Ahhh?  I thought that was supposed to be a shotgun?

Times have changed. It still gets the point across.
2015-11-29
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Update went perfectly..thanks Sploodge!
2015-11-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules