cant play videos
1267 7 2015-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmcasteel94
lvl.1

United States

I have flown my phantom 3 professional around my ranch, and i took several different videos with it. For some reason, when I put the sd card into my computer, not a single video would play. both video formats, .mov and .mp4, are compatible with windows media player. what am i missing?

2015-12-27
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Try the free open source vlc player I'm sure you'll love it.
If the gps stuff bothers you set text to off as default.
I never bothered with the windows media player but guessing it wants a codec pack.
2015-12-27
Use props
rbarton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273999 ft
United States

There may be more to this. On my iPad pro I've been able to play the videos up until the latest firmware update. Since the update the video format is no longer supported. The videos import into iMovie and they resale just fine. But it does appear there may have been a codec change. I'm still digging to find out what is going on. As the other reply suggests vlc is fantastic.

2015-12-27
Use props
rbarton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273999 ft
United States

RE: cant play videos

I was able to play the movie files before the latest firmware update, but not since. The files are still good. For Mac users importing into iMovie and saving back out works. As the other person replied, VLC is a good viewing option and will work for Mac and PC users.
2015-12-27
Use props
cmcasteel94
lvl.1

United States

rbarton Posted at 2015-12-27 14:53
I was able to play the movie files before the latest firmware update, but not since. The files are s ...

thanks a bunch. is it possible do get rid of all of the stats on the bottom of the screen?
2015-12-27
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

cmcasteel94 Posted at 2015-12-28 00:32
thanks a bunch. is it possible do get rid of all of the stats on the bottom of the screen?

Right click/Subtitle/Sub Track/Track 1
vlc_gps.jpg

You can also rename or move the video or subtitle file.

Or you can turn off Automatic Subtitle in the settings menu.

2015-12-28
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

To disabe Automatic Subtitles:Right Click/Preferences or Ctrl+P

vlc_Tools-Preferences_Ctrl-P.jpg

Then Click Subtitles / OSD
Uncheck the Enable subtitles box
Finally remember to click Save.
vlc_Tools-Preferences_Disable_Subtitles.jpg
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

What are the solutions of the videos ?  Have you tried to play the videos with KM player or Quicktime ? Have you tried other computers to play them ? Some players and computers may not be able to play videos with high solution .
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules