GoPro pointing 45° down?
2036 10 2014-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eric.kiltie
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I fitted the Zenmuse H3-3D to the Phantom 2 yesterday.

On powering it up, the GoPro ends up looking approx 45° down and not quite straight ahead.

Do I have to do this thing with shorting out the two terminals on the gimbal and then updating the firmware?

If so, I'm guessing I should be using the latest version ("Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.6") but I'm puzzled by the previous version (v3.4) being available too.

I'd assumed everything would work straight out of the box but no bother if there's an easy fix.
2014-12-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

These Phantoms might have been sitting on the shelf for 3 months before being sold.  That's why do the upgrades and calibrations after the upgrade before you fly.  The 45 degree hang is by default.
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know about the H3-3D, but until someone comes along to explain things, do NOT short out any terminals, this sounds like a very bad idea.
2014-12-29
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Mine always points down a bit  on power up.
2014-12-29
Use props
eric.kiltie
New

United Kingdom

Thanks. When I watched the instruction video ...

http://youtu.be/yOoU-RftvV8?t=2m19s

... the GoPro pointed straight ahead so that's what I was expecting to happen with my one.
2014-12-29
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

eric.kiltie@bti Posted at 2014-12-30 07:46
Thanks. When I watched the instruction video ...

http://youtu.be/yOoU-RftvV8?t=2m19s

Hi, Eric,
What's your RC's version, does it has a wheel or slide level to control the pitch of the gimbal?
try to calibrate the X1 tunnal
2014-12-29
Use props
eric.kiltie
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2014-12-30 10:34
Hi, Eric,
What's your RC's version, does it has a wheel or slide level to control the pitch of the ...

It has a wee silver wheel on the top left hand corner.
2014-12-30
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

eric.kiltie@bti Posted at 2014-12-31 00:19
It has a wee silver wheel on the top left hand corner.

Select the transmitter version to 'upgrade version', and do X1 calibration to check if that's OK
2014-12-30
Use props
eric.kiltie
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2014-12-31 09:39
Select the transmitter version to 'upgrade version', and do X1 calibration to check if that's OK

Hiya, I haven't managed to do the calibration yet (trouble connecting laptop to unit) but here are a couple of pics to illustrate my problem.

In addition to this downward pointing, the silver wheel doesn't seem to result in much rotation. It doesn't go all the way to horizontal.
2015-1-12
Use props
goncalo
Banned

Portugal

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-12
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The 45 degree angle is just the default setting and is perfectly normal.  Since you're having trouble installing the software try the Transmitter calibration without software first since it can be done independently.
At some point you will  need to install the Vision Assistant software for additional calibration.  You can adjust the vertical and horozontal limits as well as how fast you want the gimbal to move.

TransmitterCalibrationWithoutSoftware.gif
Gimbal Setting-Basic-Advanced.gif
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules