CMOS error on P2V camera. Please Help!
1835 12 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
links
New

Norway

I got some problems earlier where i needed to rebind the camera and reboot to drone before every flight to not get "black" video feed to my phone. So i tried a firmware update because it might could be a mismatch fault on the software versions. But then tings got even worse. After the update (which went successfull told by the drone) it got CMOS error. and this Error is happening whenever i boot the drone now and i have been looking trough threads and forums for days without a solution. So please give me a way to fix this without any "replacements" or "change of parts". I beleive this is some sort of software issue.

This is how i updated as told in manual:
1. Downloaded the latest firmware from this site http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download?www=v1
2. Inserted the SD card that was inlcuded with the drone in my PC.
3. Copied the bin file into the root folder of the SD card, made sure it was clean and emtpy.
4. Inserted the SD card back into the drone camera.
5. Turned on the drone, camera began with the yellow indication that it was updated. Then it turned green as it was successful.
6. Turned the drone off. Inserted the SD card back into my computer to make sure the firmware file had been renamed with ".bak" as told in manual. And it was.
7. Put the SD card back into the drone.
8. Turned it back on to prepare for a flight, drone camera had a red/orange light blinking slowly (like every sec). Manual told it was CMOS error.

And that happends everytime i turn on my drone now. The camera light indicator just blinks slowly red/orange and i cant get any information in the app. nothing, not even telemetry. When i try to rebind it says it was done successful (by scanning the QR code on the box like in manuals) And stil i cant get anything. I have tried to redownload the firmware update and reformated the SD card but it just refuses to work. What is happening and what does even CMOS error mean?

The drone itselfs works just fine. I can fly around etc. But the whole point is gone when the camera wont work, no images, no videos.
I cant refund it because i got it as present and doesn't have any payment confirmations. I dont even know where it was bought. Only thing i know is that it worked before the update.
And now the camera wont work at all. Please tell me how to resolve it! How do i even factory reset/reflash the camera memory if that is the fault?
2016-1-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

If you had upgraded the camera firmware successfully as stated in step 5, you should just reformat the card to clean it of anything unless i have missed something, the firmware does not need to be and should not be on the card anymore once successfully loaded, it may be causing part of your problem.
Double check all cables are fully seated around the camera and phantom, also, any chance you had a small crash or hard landing, possibly something came loose.

Log into the Phantom Vision Assistant and ensure everything including Phantom and Camera is at the version it should be at: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download?www=v1
2016-1-4
Use props
Zefnoly
New

Norway

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-4 22:04
If you had upgraded the camera firmware successfully as stated in step 5, you should just reformat t ...

Well... Right after "the successful" update i turned my drone off a few seconds after it got the green light on the camera. Then i turned the drone off and put the SD card in my computer. Opened it up and the "firmware.bin" file had it's named changed to "firmware.bin.bak00" as said in manual if the update is finished successful. I deleted it because the manual said so i could do that. Then i put it right back in the drone. But when i turned it on then the camera got a orange light blinking all the time. The app had no information received at all other than it was connected to the receiver. I tried rebinding a couple of times with no luck. I have been looking around on the internet for a week for a solution. The only solutions i have found so far is just sending the whole thing for repair. But the closest DJI repair shop is like really far away (in a different country which not even border to my own). And i dont have any payment confirmations to get this replaced anywhere as this was bought from someone else that didn't want it (he flew like 2-3 times nicely". everything was working when i got it appart from a few problems getting proper connections so i tried to update to latest firmware for the FC200 (version 1.1.9). And no it doesn't work at all. I even connected the drone to my computer with assistant. systems where updated and are working but the camera is not showing up in the assistant. But there everything seemed fine because my drone is able to fly just nice but the whole point of it is gone without the camera working. I also tried to use and buy other SD cards but with no solution. I wont pay 400$ for that crap just because a silly update bricked it. Seen several others getting replacements "where even DJI told them to get it for repair". "i dont have the money for that either and without a different solution i will just sell it to someone who actually has the time to fix it with money".

Here is a simple video about my problem on facebook if you want to see https://www.facebook.com/mathias ... s/1234232153259075/
2016-1-9
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Sorry but i am not on facebook so i cannot see the video,
Just checking to be sure which version Phantom etc. that you have,
You can post pictures and video here.
Again, check all cables are seated firmly as you stated otherwise you can fly without any problems,
2016-1-9
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

From FaceBook:
Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

What Model Phantom are you having this issue with?
2016-1-10
Use props
Zefnoly
New

Norway

Movin on Posted at 2016-1-10 18:19
From FaceBook:
Sorry, this content isn't available right now

Phantom 2 Vision. I did a update 2 weeks ago to firmware 1.1.9 on the FC200 cam. It went trough successful. It got a green light after i did the update completely after the manual. Turned it off after i did the update and looked inside the SD card and the firmware bin file had also it name changed with ".bak" behind it like it also was successful. But then i put the SD card nicely back and turned the drone on for a flight. But it got spoiled when i found out the camera did not work anymore. It has this amber light blinking all the time. does not respond to anything and i have tried everything you can think off.
AND MY CABLES ARE TIGHT just to make that clear. Everything is up to date and working nicely when i connect the drone to the assistant software on my PC. And it also flies nicely without any problems but the whole reason for the drone is gone without a working cam. It just stopped working like that after the update was done. I tried lots of stuff in these 2 weeks. formatting the SD card. putting in the SD card with a fresh update file again. and again. Even bought other SD cards to try if that works. It does not respond to anything. The receiver on the controller is able to bind but i wont get any information on my phone aslong this cam is in this state. Everything is just "N/A" on the camscreen. And i cant do a sh*t about it there. Neither the assistant can do anything about it. In my situation it is also hard to get a return to any store or shop because i live in Norway that doesn't have any DJI repair shops as i know of and i didn't buy this drone directly from store. It was bought from someone else who hadn't any interest for it anyways. And he used it nicely 2 or 3 times with it.

Here is a youtube vid of the issue (not my video but it is completely the same issue he has. he got it because of same update, he didn't get any solution so he got it replaced but that is hard in my situation like i told)
2016-1-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

At this point, maybe someone from DJI can chime in...
2016-1-10
Use props
Zefnoly
New

Norway

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-10 22:15
At this point, maybe someone from DJI can chime in...

How long can that take? I really need a solution for this as:
I didn't get it directly from store so no return option for me.
I don't have money for a new cam, neither do i want to spend 400$ on that crap if a simple update bricked it.
I don't have any DJI repair shops nearby to send it.
I'm bored out flying blind without any way to capture any videos.
And i cant deliver it back to the previous owner when it is not working like this.

And why do DJI suggest do updates when they clearly have bricked the camera for many people. I even joined a facebook group for drone flyers in Norway and all ready it has been people that got exact same issue from the update where they needed a total camera replacement. If it is so it is DJI's fault and i deserve a free replacement in that case because i did it exactly after manual and nicely. And that they suggest doing updates to prevent problems caused this for me.
2016-1-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Not sure what to suggest at this point, not sure what DJI would do...and no clue if you can reset the firmware in the camera,
Do yo know anyone with the same Phantom with an earlier version of the firmware, that might be something to try if the below video does not solve it.

Have you watched this video, possible anything different

good luck!

2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

please follow the steps that discribed in the video Northofthe49th shared up there!
2016-1-12
Use props
Zefnoly
New

Norway

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-11 20:57
Not sure what to suggest at this point, not sure what DJI would do...and no clue if you can reset th ...

Sorry but i have tried that several times. And I don't know anyone who got an earlier version and i have searched the internet for it but i dont think it will help as my camera wont accept any updates. I cant even format the cards in it because i cant make it do anything in it's current state (However how should i format it then?). I have only spoken to others with the exactly same problem who needed replacement from the store but i cant because i dont have any information about where my drone where bought. I got it from someone else. And if you think i will pay 400$ to replace the cam DJI are wrong, this is however their fault that they didn't implement a reset function on the camera expensive like that.. Shouldn't i get a replacement from DJI because of this if i provide the product information on the package?
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Reformat the card in a digital camera, it will create the same file as in the first step of formatting within the Phantom, then put it in the PC, download firmware etc...

Try that, if it does not work then no other suggestions here...
2016-1-12
Use props
Zefnoly
New

Norway

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-12 17:12
Reformat the card in a digital camera, it will create the same file as in the first step of formatti ...

Sorry but that is not really the problem. The reason it wont make the DCIM folder is because of a system crash. Means i have tried everything i have been told here. That wont help if the camera is not working
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules