Dear DJI, can you increase bitrate on P3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

Hi all,
I'm not rocket scientist but this is quite clear.

Some peps found out that there is possibility that video quality what you get from your P3 is limitied by software. Please check details on this link  
Imagine you install bit better heatstink on P3 and get 100Mbp/s bitrate.

BTW: Please check this link and sign pettion.
2016-1-22
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Youre sure there's enough bandwidth in all the buses, connectors, cables etc between camera and memory card?
2016-1-22
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remember its not just encoding to save on SD, its also doing the live videostream.. Sacrifices need to be made.

H264 5.1's 240Mbit per second is the maximum quality the codec is able to pump out. The limiting factor is the hardware. Nothing using the Ambarella A9 seems to do more than 60, this seems not to be something just DJI are limiting the P3 to..

If it was just a case of slapping on a heatsink, the X5 would be able to do the 100 but it cannot ( and costs more than a P3 on its own3 ). Also the P3 is not marketed as a professional tool. The "professional" just signifies the model nothing more.. Its a toy, a very good one but still a toy. Even the higher level Inspire does not do 100 and its price point is more towards pro-sumers.

Maybe the wish will come true for the P4..
2016-1-22
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

For me, it was as simple as getting a much better MicroSD as the default one is not that well.
I have not seen any issues with my FPV except maybe once in a while signal loss, but the video recorded as always been smooth.
I believe, The live video stream should not used as your final video production, and more focus on signal strength should be the main focus for future designs.
But that is just me..
2016-1-22
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-22 14:47
Remember its not just encoding to save on SD, its also doing the live videostream.. Sacrifices need  ...

Yes but i'm thinking that you could do things like limiting live stream to 1Mbps to have 100Mbps on SD card. Just basics resource & performance redistribution.

I'm doing my living as software dev. If i got chip that have spec up to 240Mbps and i present my boss solution that would work on 60Mpbs, well if my boss have some clue about what was going on there he would probably ask me same thing i;m asking DJI.

I barely understand marketing, but doing software limiting to fit some product right where you want makes sense. I'm thinking that DJI limited P3 hardware bit too much.  
2016-1-22
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-22 14:05
Youre sure there's enough bandwidth in all the buses, connectors, cables etc between camera and memo ...

No, i'm not. But i would love to find out it's limits. I'm thinking about bitrate selection like this. With hard limit to cut recording just before overheat will happen

up to 60 Mbps - unlimited use
up to 80 Mbps - use short periods
up to 100Mpbs - use very short periods, possible overheat.

maybe too complex but how cool that would be?
2016-1-22
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

imagines.and.wo Posted at 2016-1-22 14:39
Yes but i'm thinking that you could do things like limiting live stream to 1Mbps to have 100Mbps o ...

Even limiting live streaming is unlikely to give you 100 with the A9.. No manufacturer that uses it seems to have anything higher than 60. If you believe you can go higher then pitch it to GoPro and make some $.

I think 100 on the P3 is a pipe dream...
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules