37542 167 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

tom@coletta.it Posted at 2015-5-4 06:32
Can you help me? Look at tath

Typical drift as Cory and I had.  If performing an Advanced IMU Calibration with your Phantom on a level surface does not correct it, follow our efforts to fix ours as described in the beginning of this thread.
2015-5-3
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186549 ft
Italy

Jamie Posted at 2015-5-4 08:16
Typical drift as Cory and I had.  If performing an Advanced IMU Calibration with your Phantom on a ...

i made an advanced imu calibration leveling the  phantom using some piece of paper... and as i see in the bubble level.. the level is perfect...

After a 15 minute flight i see the situation is much better but is not perfect like was out of the box so now my question is:

if when i rotate to the left using left stick the phantom has the dendency to go forward wich side of the phantom i have to "overcompensate"  even if it is leveled...

thanks for help
2015-5-4
Use props
bryan.wells10r
New

United States

https://youtu.be/VdB3NWbRpUY     How to fix here
2015-8-16
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Well done video, and exactly how I corrected my drift back in January.

And I agree wholeheartedly with your statement in the video regarding re-calibration, if the Phantom is not experiencing this drift, and you are not prompted to re-calibrate by the software,  DO NOT RE-CALIBRATE THE IMU.

Mine has been perfect since the fix 8 months ago, with my most recent flights being last weekend.   I still love this bird!!!

Jamie
2015-8-28
Use props
Hans Astrom
New

Sweden

Hi all,

I'm new to this and i can say i had a perfectly flying bird with stable flights.
Got a update and that crap told me to do a imu calibration and here i am....

Anyway, have followed the instructions and looked at the videos, putting papers and testing and testing and testing....
I seem to be doing it the right way but i still have right and a small rear drift.

If you go by millimeters, how much have you guys shimmed up?
I am on 3.6mm now measured by a digital caliper.

And thank you all for the hard work you put into solving this since the support from DJI seems to be non-excistent...

//Hans
Sweden
2015-8-29
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Hans Astrom Posted at 2015-8-29 09:18
Hi all,

I'm new to this and i can say i had a perfectly flying bird with stable flights.

Here is what I wound up with using business cards for shims under the landing pads to correct severe right drift and a bit of forward:

LR - 19..........LF - 16

RR - 3...........RF - 0

The 19 cards is about 7mm.
2015-8-30
Use props
djiuser_C4XUUG1Qc1V7
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi all... hope this thread still active, I had the same problem with my quad: Nava v2, Frame f450. the problem are the same with the others, drift away when do Yaw, but it's getting better now after do Cory's suggestions, hope will gonna be perfect soon, last trying this afternoon and run out of battery, will continue tomorrow and write down all the things I did...

one more time thanks for the solutions guys....

hoppe we all can survive from this hard time facing the corona

Bayu / Indonesia
2020-3-28
Use props
djiuser_C4XUUG1Qc1V7
lvl.1

Indonesia

Getting better now, but come out another problem
First time I do om my plastic table but result so many work because the table condition (stupid of me) than this afternoon I try to ReDo everything from the begining...
First I take a triblock (kind like a thick triplex ) than level it on my plastic table (coz I have no glass so that I use this flat wood) I spend 7 Pcs of business card each back side left and right.
than I put my quad on it than use the spirit level that I took of from my Camera Tripod..lol..
first I level the quad board left-right and front-back with putting business card under my homemade landing pad, than I continue with measure all the motor distance from the ground using ruler and again... business card... after everything sett than I do the advance calibration .... than do flight test...
using this method I just need 4 flight test in total... now my Yaw not drifting anymore...
but last time before I run out of battery I got right front toilet bowl when do Right yaw....
may be because of my gain setting not right yet, I do change the gain setting after last advance calibration now I'm waiting for battery charging and rain...
Will give an update tomorrow and also create the video process on my YouTube Chanel,
Bayu / Indonesia
2020-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules