USB cable for Trainer or simulator
24465 17 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

Netherlands

Hi there, dear Reader,

I have the new Remote Controller (left-dial) with Trainer support. Because of the bad weather, I am looking for a simulator package to connect with. However, I cannot find information about the cable I need. This is 3.5mm to USB, but is this 3.5mm port with 4-poles, 3 poles or 2 poles?

Is there somebody who can advise me?
- type of cable
- where to buy?

Regards,
Robin

2015-1-8
Use props
pabbamonto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Great question.  I have been wondering the same thing.  Also, what Windows program would I need to use it as a sim?  Maybe we should post these questions in the Phantom 2 section too.
2015-1-8
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Most Sim packages come with a USB Dongle and the cables you need to plug into your trainer port.
I have used 2 packages, aeroSIM and Real Flight 7 both are very good for training

I think you will find that this will cover your needs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-in1 ... hash=item2593f8feb0

Hope this helps

2015-1-10
Use props
goncalo
Banned

Portugal

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-1-12
Use props
info
New

Netherlands

The thing is, I have no additional information from DJI (didn't they make the new RC?), and second: the Sim package sellers can not promise me that the DJI controller is working with their package. What should I do? I like the aerofly 7 package or the Phoenix (not for MAC however), so it will probably end up with aerofly (IKARUS). Anybody out there with expert information on this?
2015-1-15
Use props
kaus
lvl.3
Chile

Hi all!

I can probe that you dont need ANY special cable in order to use the trainer port with a flight sim software....

What I do:

1. Goto to http://smartpropoplus.sourceforge.net/site/ and download the smartpropoplus.
2. Install
3. Search in your cables for a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male AUDIO cable (yes, is an audio cable)
4. Connect from trainer port of controller (I tested with the NDJ6) to mic input on your computer
5. Start (and never close) the smartpropoplus software.
5.1 (optional) you can play and waste time in the smartpropoplus interface
6. Start your sim (I tested in Heli-X 5.0 trial)
7. Configure your control
8. Enjoy!
2015-1-15
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried this version of Real Flight?  It has a dongle you plug into a usb port for wireless control:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... smid=A2OEG1SKNGURE1
2015-1-16
Use props
Justin OldTimer
New

Australia

kaus would you care to tell us how you managed to map the axis settings for the NDJ6 controller to the smartpropoplus applications. I did as you suggested and went straight to Helix, but helix says no joystick configured. Yes I am using a 3.5mm audio cable connected correctly.
I am sure that we would all appreciated your advice.
2015-1-22
Use props
larry.email
New

United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-1-16 22:13
Has anyone tried this version of Real Flight?  It has a dongle you plug into a usb port for wireless ...

Just purchased Real Flight 7.5 and it came with the cable. The software loaded fine, but it never recognized the Phantom remote connected to the cable. I called Real Flight and they said it might not work. Called the store where I bought it and they said the same thing. I have a support request in with DJI so we'll see what they say. Disappointing.
2015-1-23
Use props
kaus
lvl.3
Chile

Justin OldTimer Posted at 2015-1-22 22:05
kaus would you care to tell us how you managed to map the axis settings for the NDJ6 controller to t ...

You need to select and calibrate each control in heli-x. My configuration is here:

http://i59.tinypic.com/20zpgco.png

You must be able to see the vJoy 1 connected.
2015-1-23
Use props
Justin OldTimer
New

Australia

The operating system seeing vjoy connected appears to be a major problem. Which operating system are you using Kaus? I cannot get windows 7, 8 and 10 to work. I might have a play with Linux. Will let you guys know how I go.
2015-1-25
Use props
Justin OldTimer
New

Australia

Well I finally managed to get it all working in windows 7. 8 and 10 are a no go. Thanks for your help Kaus.

I must say the simulator feels very much like the phantom in ATTi mode although with mode drift. Very good for keep the skills sharp on rainy days.

The controller does need to be configured in Helix for the simulator to work. Just make sure you understand the axis terminology.
2015-1-25
Use props
zgos
New

Bulgaria

Well I finally managed to get it all working in windows 7

Please, how did you configure Helix with Win7 ? What cable use - 3.5 mm stereo or mono 3.5 mm? When starting smartpropoplus make you settings? I tried with mono 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm mono Win 7 64bit, smartpropoplus but not configured. HELIX 5 says there RC, but can not be configured because it does not react to the sticks of the RC of the Phantom 2 (NDJ6)
2015-2-12
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

zgos@abv.bg Posted at 2015-2-13 07:05
Please, how did you configure Helix with Win7 ? What cable use - 3.5 mm stereo or mono 3.5 mm? Wh ...

I finally managed to connect Heli-x5 (and now Heli-x6) via 3.5mm Jack to USB adaptor to PC running Windows 7.
I got the USB adaptor off e-bay with some other flight simulator software for £7.99.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261173 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Adaptor worked straight out of the box (but careful not to push the 3.5mm jack too far in to the V2 controller socket).
Adaptor creates a virtual SAILI controller which you can select and configure in Heli-x
2015-3-6
Use props
ragnettisam
lvl.1

Italy

larry.email Posted at 2015-1-24 07:49
Just purchased Real Flight 7.5 and it came with the cable. The software loaded fine, but it never  ...

Hi,
i have purchased real flight 7.5 transmitter interface edition and i'm trying to connect the dji phantom 2 vision+ v3 controller. When i start the simulator it asks me to connect the interface but it is already connected. Any idea?

Regards
2015-3-25
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

anyone facing the problem that the trainer port don't work but unplugging the trainer port for 1mm all starts to work as expected?
2015-4-12
Use props
Comfinder
lvl.3
United States

I have been using Heli-X V6 on my Mac laptop for about 20 hours using my Phantom 2  V3 controller, after reading some of the posts here the issue is the eBay cable ( 3.5mm mono to USB) (eBay 130945431254 $6.51) I purchased had a 3.5mm mono plug on it and if you push it all the way into the back of the Phantom controller it doesn't wok, but if pulled out about 1mm it does,  so I got a mono to stereo adapter and that fixed it (eBay 131459870851 $1.59), except when you lay the controller down on its back you are bending the cable which in time will cause the cable to break down, so I got a 3.5mm right angle stereo to stereo adapter (eBay 281419005330 $.99) to go into the back of the controller and the adapter into it, and its solid, no problems. I did look for a 3.5mm mono to stereo right angle adapter, but couldn't find one.  
2015-5-3
Use props
salykin75
New

Norway

Thanks for good advise.Unfortunately, My MacBookPro dont have mic in port

2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules