Gimbal loosing contact when flying
4469 16 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Hi all,

I am experiencing gimball loss of signal or connection when i am flying aggressively, its like its loosing contact and powers off. Do i return the Inspire 1 or just the gimball?

What do to?
2015-1-9
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

i think that is normal when you transfer HD... called lag and may be massive lag due to interference on the area you fly.. just a highly possible guess.
2015-1-9
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

SpreadingWings Posted at 2015-1-9 19:14
i think that is normal when you transfer HD... called lag and may be massive lag due to interference ...

Nope, the gimball just "hangs" looking down, like there is no power.
2015-1-9
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

That would be a good signal to contact DJI support
2015-1-9
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I would have a quick look at the contacts at the bayonet connector.
And check for any debris, also check that the gimbal is fully home and locking in place properly.
The swivel lock is quite stiff all the white lines have to be aligned.
As it stands it sounds like the G forces that the camera will undergo during tight turns etc.
Could be breaking contact, and the bayonet would be the first place I would check.
The camera is a fair lump and in a tight turn could treble in weight.
2015-1-9
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

I fixed it, it was the connectior, those little pins inside the connector. I pushed them up a bit, and now everithing works, like they where pushed in a bit.
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
China

Ozren Posted at 2015-1-9 22:57
I fixed it, it was the connectior, those little pins inside the connector. I pushed them up a bit, a ...

Hi Ozren,  Very happy to know you have fixed it and here is the way i think should be  better:

Unlock the gimbal&camera,  you can see two screws on the top of the gimbal.  losse them a  little bit, half a circle is ok.

And glue can be taken into usage if you think they were not tighten enough.

Any question you need help, pls free free to contact us via inspire1 support mail or livechat on our website.

Thank you!
2015-1-9
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

DJI-Zach Posted at 2015-1-9 23:18
Hi Ozren,  Very happy to know you have fixed it and here is the way i think should be  better:

Un ...

I see, by losing the plate, the contact should be better. Well, it works
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.2
China

Ozren Posted at 2015-1-10 02:01
I see, by losing the plate, the contact should be better. Well, it works

Right sir!
2015-1-10
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

Ozren Posted at 2015-1-9 19:30
Nope, the gimball just "hangs" looking down, like there is no power.

sorry, misunderstood definitely a return item here.
2015-1-10
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Zach Posted at 2015-1-9 23:18

Un ...

Zach, I would think a bit of RTV would be a better choice instead of glue. The RTV can be broken easily if the screws had to be removed for a service or repair reason. Or better yet a smear of Loc-tight on the threads like you use at DJI. Just a thought.
2015-1-10
Use props
DJI-Zach
lvl.2
China

rodger Posted at 2015-1-10 22:07
Zach, I would think a bit of RTV would be a better choice instead of glue. The RTV can be broken e ...

Good remind!
2015-1-11
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

I have to confirm that after a few flights the problem returned again, the gimbal is drifting by itself, the horizon is off etc...i am returning my Inspire 1 and asking for my $$ back. This is not a finished product. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesent...is not a good product in my book.

The problem is in connection between the gimbal and Inspire.
2015-1-11
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

oh snap...
2015-1-11
Use props
wooyong1026
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151627 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned my Inspire due to not getting live video feed to iPad and I think it caused by similar issue you had. I wasn't able to control gimbal either from controller.
2015-1-11
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is brutal too many problems.
2015-1-15
Use props
darickyeo.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4108688 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi mlglisson,

Forums tend to be a place only when there is problem.  When people are happy flying away - they don't bother to log it here as it would seem to be presumptuous.   

Same thing when I first purchased the Phantom.

Btw - my INSPIRE crashed (pilot error) - camera and gimbal got yanked out... I fixed back the gimbal plate, bend back some pins.. and it is working flawless again.  I would say this craft is built like a tank.

2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules