DJI GO Constantly telling me to update RC
2732 26 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

There you have it, the last few times I went flying, the app told me to update my RC firmware, problem is, it's already up to date. Why is the app constantly telling me to update the RC firmware if its already at the latest? Getting real tired of the substandard coding in this app, I have already done you a favor and killed your  background service as to protect my device battery and MY privacy.

Any help with the FW issue is appreciated.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Which Phantom do you have, and can you post a screen shot. Can you sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the app.
And in the About tab, what does it say your RC firmware is on?
2016-3-25
Use props
davidathomas42
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had this last week. There a thread with 15ish replays. The work around is to turn on the RC before opening the APP and it then works fine. Assuming a bug in the latest software. Dave
2016-3-25
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-26 01:16
Which Phantom do you have, and can you post a screen shot. Can you sync your flight records and dele ...

P3A, no screenshot, it's happened 4 times.  however it was random when it did happen.  Last 2 times though, did not fail, showed up saying firmware update required.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sliquid Posted at 2016-3-25 22:29
P3A, no screenshot, it's happened 4 times.  however it was random when it did happen.  Last 2 time ...

Make sure to grab a screenshot nest time.
So it wasn't a red band telling there's an update but rather in the aircraft status telling you your RC or aircraft required a update correct?
2016-3-25
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-26 01:36
Make sure to grab a screenshot nest time.
So it wasn't a red band telling there's an update but ra ...

Yes, no red band, just in the status upon startup, it was aggravating to see, so i tapped on it, and it showed the "newest" fw was that which was already on the rc.
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Sliquid Posted at 2016-3-26 13:39
Yes, no red band, just in the status upon startup, it was aggravating to see, so i tapped on it, a ...

Strange, I will send an email inquiring about it.
2016-3-25
Use props
jblose
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jblose@twc.com Posted at 2016-3-27 08:31
same here, seems if you dont have wifi on and connected, it dosen't know its current ! which for ma ...

Can you post some screen shots, so when you choose 16:9 it won't take it?
It will do that if the aircraft is not powered on, you have the aircraft powered on right?
2016-3-26
Use props
jblose
Banned

United States

2016-3-26
Use props
jblose
Banned

United States

2016-3-26
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

Same thing happens to me. I have a p3a. Like the Obove post if you turn the rc on before you open app it doesn't say it. I deleted and reinstalled app several times and it still did it. Even when it says I need to update rc, if I go to the about part of app it says I am on current fw but the update message still appears on the status screen.
2016-3-26
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-26 01:51
Strange, I will send an email inquiring about it.

I got screenshots, ill upload them shortly, i also notices when i go to the "about" section, it just overlaps the current screen and is illegible.
2016-3-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

davidathomas42 Posted at 2016-3-26 00:20
I had this last week. There a thread with 15ish replays. The work around is to turn on the RC before ...

There is a bug , I really thought Ken knew about It, I have never seen this before.  I always fire up in the correct procedure and only saw it when I was replicating your challenge.  It will be rectified in the Next go app.

-donnie
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-28 01:46
There is a bug , I really thought Ken knew about It, I have never seen this before.  I always fire ...

No I did not know, I've been playing with a few aircraft over the last few days (P3 and P4) and have not noticed anything.
2016-3-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My display was showing 4:3  aspect ratio after upgrade, went to camera menu and selected 16:9 aspect (which should only determine aspect of photo image ?) and this seems to have resolved the display problem. Screen now displaying correctly.
I also have the same firmware needs updated message if application started before controller switched on. Controller on 1st, then application started all is OK.

2016-3-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-27 13:08
No I did not know, I've been playing with a few aircraft over the last few days (P3 and P4) and ha ...

It is just weird, I thought it  was resolved after that last Re-set of DJI servers.  But some folks are still having trouble . Usually when you power up  the go app before the aircraft the notification will be on.  It is on the aircraft Status page "Overall Status" mine was "aircraft need update".  

It is definitly a problem .

Also make sure you see that video of the P4 falling from the air  inside a forum members house. He says he is an experience pilot and it  did not look like a csc command because you can see just before it hits the ground the lights come back on.  Looks like a loose connection to me on the pack or  aircraft. Just want to give you a heads up on that.  It is current on the thread.  

-donnie
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-28 02:33
It is just weird, I thought it  was resolved after that last Re-set of DJI servers.  But some folks ...

Thanks, I'm on vacation  now but still pop in on the forum on occasion so the only time I'm full on the forum is M-F during the day. The evenings and weekends I (my own time) I'm still on the forum but not browsing ALL the threads.
2016-3-27
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
United States

Since my SS are too large because of their res, this will have to do, all 3 images are in this folder on my dropbox. Update Required

This also includes the overlay issue I was reporting as well.

One other issue I have found is that my flights are not being recorded properly since the 2.7.1 update, I had a night flight lastnight, I was 306ft up, that was recorded properly, however, the distance was not, which was approximately 1/4 mile. Mileage is showing as 0 but I have a video that says different.
So according to the app I flew straight up to 306.8Ft and just hovered there for 12 minutes.
2016-3-27
Use props
doc1949
New

United States

Have a P3P.. 18 flights total.  I think I succeeded in bricking my RC today.. flew 3 flights.. landed.. pop'd in battery #4 and got the same msg.. need to update.. so I did it (for 3rd time).. poof.. no signal.. rc just beeps. firmware on the rc was 1.5.80.. I opened my tablet,  files and went to DJI/Djipilot/package.. bin file is corect.. txt file showed success on yesterdays update.. then 3 lines of "fail"..?? is there a simple way to rehab the rc ..??
i had 2.71 on my tablet. have reinstaled it 3 times..  . 1.5.8 on the rc  and 1.7 on the quad.. now  tablet only shows 2.7.1 on my controler.. no #'s for the RC or quad  sorry no pics..pic looks just like SLs
now the RC just beeps..  the GO app wont go past the  "how to conect" page..
2016-3-27
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
United States

doc1949 Posted at 2016-3-27 23:00
Have a P3P.. 18 flights total.  I think I succeeded in bricking my RC today.. flew 3 flights.. lande ...

Sorry to hear man. Hopefully DJI will take responsibility for that. Hopefully they will also sort this out ASAP.
2016-3-27
Use props
doc1949
New

United States

Sliquid Posted at 2016-3-27 23:33
Sorry to hear man. Hopefully DJI will take responsibility for that. Hopefully they will also sort  ...

yea.. wayyyy too many people are getn scrwd with these updates... jeeeze  DJI its just  software...  
2016-3-27
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
United States

Like I said, substandard coding. It shouldn't be this hard. The app should check the onboard fw before doing anything even related to updating.
2016-3-27
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

It doesn't seem like DJI knows about this problem, or they sure aren't in a hurry to fix it. It's kind of frustrating. I gave up on trying to delete app and reset controller. Now I'm just waiting for them to come out with a update to fix the problem.
2016-3-27
Use props
robie
lvl.1

Philippines

Updated to firmware 1.5.8, the hdmi out does not work simultaneously with the usb. It will work only either with hdmi out or usb. In previous firmware, it works on both simultaneously
Cant find the changelog and find out if this is normal

2016-4-2
Use props
djiuser_glu3Hjy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103215 ft
United States

I just purchased and did the updates as required but now I get the same message/issue as is listed here.... a constant Aircraft update needed.
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_glu3Hjy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103215 ft
United States

Same issue
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules