5852 33 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

Hello DJI family,

I wanted to share with you what happened to be after upgrading to firmware v1.8.1.00, I was also able to fix the problem after 2 hours.

After receiving the email from DJI about their latest Firmware v1.8.100, I downloaded it and placed it on the root of the Inspire 1 Pro's SD card. I couldn't attach the Zenmuse X5 camera yet because the Inspire 1 Pro was still in travel mode. So I placed the Zenmuse X5 aside, connected my iPad to the Master RC controller. I powered up the Master controller and quickly noticed a message at the top of the screen asking to download the new RC firmware...this is where everything went wrong.

After selecting download and install from the DJI Go app, the Master RC controller completely stopped communicating with the Inspire 1 Pro. The Master RC controller and the DJI Go app reported that it was connected to the Inspire 1 Pro and showed battery reading, but I couldn't get the Master RC to take the Inspire 1 Pro out of travel mode. Toggling the Master RC landing gear switch up and down 4 times didn't work, and clicking on "Exit Travel mode" from DJI Go app also didn't work. I even tried rebinding the Master RC controller to the Inspire 1 Pro, but that also didn't work.

Fix!!!...

I powered up my Slave RC controller that I didn't do a firmware update to yet, then I went into the DJI Go app and told it to make my Slave RC controller into the Master controller. At this point I was able to use the old Slave RC controller to take the Inspire 1 Pro out of travel mode, connect the Zenmuse X5 camera with the SD card loaded with the new v1.8.1.00 firmware. After updating the Inspire 1 Pro, I then noticed that the old Master RC controller started communicating with the Inspire. At this point I did the firmware update to the old Slave RC controller and had no problem after doing so, unlike the Master RC controller.

Conclusion...

It looks like with this firmware, it's best to update the Inspire 1 before you update the RC controller.
2016-4-10
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Click and hold for 10 seconds on the scholar hat icon on the GO APP main screen. You can the downgrade the controller firmware to prior version and reconnect to the inspire. Then upgrade the inspire via the bin file method. Now complete your controller installation.
2016-4-10
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

0979 Posted at 2016-4-10 15:03
Click and hold for 10 seconds on the scholar hat icon on the GO APP main screen. You can the downgra ...

cool, thanks for the info. I'll surly remember that next time I have problems.
2016-4-10
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys,

I don't really post but I do read a lot of what's said. Now, Long story short I upgraded today to 1.8. I didn't even take my RC's out of the case. The update went fine with 4 different batteries. Now when i powered on the remote it won't connect. Both remotes (Master and Slave) control the camera but it won't go into travel mode and the App won't show what firmware is in the remote. So I've tried everything from downgrading the craft to trying to downgrade the remote but the remote says there's no downgrades available. So, what steps can I take to get this thing up and running?

Any help would be appreciated!
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-23 08:34
Hi guys,

I don't really post but I do read a lot of what's said. Now, Long story short I upgraded  ...

With the app and RC on, do a CSC and the RC firmware should show up in the app. In the overall status you should now see that the R/C requires a firmware upgrade.
If you haven't updated the RC's yet, then you are on 1.5.8. And you need to have them on one .6 to match with your aircraft that is on 1.8.
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-23 09:05
With the app and RC on, do a CSC and the RC firmware should show up in the app. In the overall stat ...

I just updated everything last month so it should be current. If the app isn't giving me a upgrade available then how do I get that update?
And I've tried the CSC multiple times and still nothing. Flashing yellow lights and Green light on the remote.
2016-4-22
Use props
b.burnett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404137 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem so any advice would be appreciated. I purchased the inspire today. All was working and i put the inspire back into travel mode and the RC flashed up to upgrade the firmware. I did this successfully and now I can connect to the inspire through the go app but I get a red No Signal in the app. The inspire will not come out of travel mode. Have tried everything I can think of - firmware has no downgrade path in the app, tried to downgrade RC over the USB but that gives an error with any version I try that the version I have will not be downgraded.

I have tried the slave controller but it will only flash up to connect and nothing actually happens, just sits and says not connected.

The X5 does not do it's dance at startup and I have no idea what firmware it is on as I have not had it out of the box for more than a half day!

Very frustrated so anything anyone can recommend I would appreciate.

Jim
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-23 09:08
I just updated everything last month so it should be current. If the app isn't giving me a upgrade ...

If you updated last month then your RC is probably on 1.5.8 and not 1.6. Did you do the CSC combination with the app on and the USB cable plugged in ?
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-23 09:18
If you updated last month then your RC is probably on 1.5.8 and not 1.6. Did you do the CSC combi ...

Yes sir, I've tried that It just says "disconnected"
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

b.burnett@highf Posted at 2016-4-23 09:11
I have the same problem so any advice would be appreciated. I purchased the inspire today. All was w ...

If you go to the homepage and the Academy section and hold that graduation hat icon down for 5 to 10seconds that will bring up the RC firmware down grade. Leave the aircraft turned off. That will take your radio back down to 1.5.8 .
Then when you get the RC on 1.5.8, you can update the aircraft 1st to 1.8 and then the RC to 1.6
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-23 09:21
If you go to the homepage and the Academy section and hold that graduation hat icon down for 5 to ...

That's where it says "No available firmware for downgrade"
And Thank you for your quick responses!!!
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-22 18:23
That's where it says "No available firmware for downgrade"
And Thank you for your quick responses!! ...

OK, you said it says disconnected, that's a different story.
What device are you using ?
Disconnected means the GO app is not communicating with your RC.
If your on Android and updated to the latest Marshmallow then when you connect everything, you need to swipe down and change the USB setting from charging to software installation.
If your on IOS, try a different cable. When you plug the USB cable does the device ding and get the charge icon for a few seconds?
Can you try a different device.
2.5_1024.png
3_1024.png
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-23 11:36
OK, you said it says disconnected, that's a different story.
What device are you using ?
Disconnect ...

So apparently I'm having more than one problem then...lol  

So I'm using 2 Note 5's neither are working. One of which I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and the 2nd I can still get into the camera view (It's not connected but I can still get into the options)

So that's one problem and the other is the RC not working.  
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ok so apparently I'm having more than one problem!...lol

That seemed to fix the problem communicating with the app. Thank you. Damn  Marshmallow changed my settings. So I'm getting the chance to upgrade my firmware. It's telling me I'm on 1.6 and the upgrade is failing. i would guess because it's already there. But it's still saying update available.  RC still not working though and I have a light blue light now on my master remote after it tried to update the 1st time.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-22 21:15
Ok so apparently I'm having more than one problem!...lol

That seemed to fix the problem communicat ...

Try this, RC off, hold down C1, C2, video, shutter, exposure, then with all 5 buttons pressed power up the RC. After that, then connect to the app with the USB cable and see what the about page says, it may say RC version unknown. Go to the overall status and it should say firmware update required.
Update to 1.6, then link the aircraft to the RC if the RC LED is red.After you do this the RC LED will be teal colored. from the homepage, hold down the Academy section icon for 5-10 seconds (graduation hat). Then it will ask to download 1.5.8. download and then install it. After that connect to the aircraft if you are not on 1.8 or (1.1.301 for P4) if the aircraft is on the latest firmware then update the RC to 1.6. It will say keep aircraft powered on BUT it doesn't matter since it is unlinked. You can leave it off. It may take several minutes for it to get off 0%, just leave it for up to 15 minutes it will finish.I just tested on my RC and I updated and it stayed linked and did not need to be relinked.After you power the aircraft back on it will connect and you'll have video and should see a bar across the top that says upgrade RC.

WARNING, this RC step should only be done if the LED is Blue. If it's red then all it needs is to be relinked to the aircraft. If it's green then it's linked and is your having an issue it's probably because the RC and aircraft are not on the matching firmware.

2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-23 12:32
Try this, RC off, hold down C1, C2, video, shutter, exposure, then with all 5 buttons pressed power ...

It does say N/A under version. When I update it says downloaded update is 1.6 and the update fails every time. Light is still blue
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-23 13:04
It does say N/A under version. When I update it says downloaded update is 1.6 and the update fails ...

So you did the button combination and got the 1.5.8 update, then applied it?
And after that, it said RC firmware update required an you attempted that?
Does your device have good WiFi or data signal?
If you cannot get it, start from scratch, delete and reinstall the app.
Then do the button combination, then connect it to the device via USB cable, then get to the 1.5.8 RC download page by holding the graduation hat icon for 5-10 seconds, then get 1.5.8 on the RC, then power cycle the RC and you should see the RC 1.6 firmware update message, download and install 1.6, then you should be done.
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>

Sorry, no it still says no downgrade available
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-23 13:24

Did you do the button combination and got the light to turn teal?
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>

It looks teal. Or light blue.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-23 13:24

If you cannot get it in the next few minutes (it's late) I will make a video tomorrow that you can follow.
And what aircraft do you have and what version is it on?
2016-4-22
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>

I understand I appreciate you working with me this late.   Inspire 1 with x3 and it's on 1.8.  
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-23 13:34
I understand I appreciate you working with me this late.   Inspire 1 with x3 and it's on 1.8.

Ok, follow my steps for the RC reset, then upgrade to 1.5.8, then 1.6.
I'll see in the morning if you got it.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jasonzittle@gma Posted at 2016-4-22 22:34

Did you get the RC updated.
2016-4-23
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>

Not yet, I'll be at work until around 2 est. I'll give it another shot as soon as I get home.  Thanks
2016-4-23
Use props
syhwang
lvl.1

South Korea

I have almost same problem. Recently I used Inspire1 and RC Transmitter. It is happened when I tried to update them today.

I updated rc transmitter first by DJI-GO App without updating Inspire 1 QuadCopter with travel mode.
And I tried to exit travel mode of Inspire1 QuadCopter by button of rc transmitter. But I couldn't.
So I put inspire 1 between two chairs and I mounted camera gimbal on it . And I tried to update firmware using put into sdcard with last new firmware to camera.
But I couldn't update it. Maybe it's impossible to update when inspire 1 was on "travel mode".

Anyway I tried to reset RC using method DJI-Ken said.
But there are N/A under version and no down-gradable. LED of Inspire1 is still blue. It didn't exit to travel mode.

Please help me.
2016-4-23
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ok so I tried to do the step by step instructions again. I got further this time but in the end still not getting much. I tried to downgrade, there was still no donwgrade available. This time I went into update and I got the current version 1.5 the light went red and it started beeping and for about 10 mins when it stopped  reached 100% and turned green and then went teal after I restarted the RC Now controller isn't doing anything.

This was the error it was reading during the update: Remote controller FPGA error
2016-4-23
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Screenshots

before and now

before and now

during update

during update
2016-4-23
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Downgrade

Downgrade

Downgrade
2016-4-23
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>

So I found a friend with a iPad just to try that and it gave me a error on the 1st attempt but 2nd attempt got a successful upgrade! No back home to test!
2016-4-23
Use props
jasonzittle
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

So apparently it was a Android issue. I went on a shoot today and had no problems at all.
2016-4-24
Use props
flow
New

Germany

Some situation with me.

Somehow I managed to update the master RC and the inspire. Everything is working fine.

Only the slave RC is still disconnected from the copter in the following way: I can controll the camera, but I can't see any picture or any data from the copter.
There is no possibility to update via dji GO APP.

Overall status is normal!

The light on the RC is light blue.

I tried to restart the RC with the 5 buttons pressed.

Nothing changed!

Please help!

Thanks for any advice!
2016-6-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

flow Posted at 2016-6-7 04:14
Some situation with me.

Somehow I managed to update the master RC and the inspire. Everything is w ...

Flow , why not update the Slave with my 1.6 file and a thumb drive.  Do not need the Go App at all.  I will provide a link.  Just want to make sure I understand, you cant update the slave for some reason with the Go app and a wireless internet ? correct ?  If so use my alternate way to update the RC transmitter .

Just make sure to format the thumb drive and make sure my file is the only thing on the thumb drive.

Remember when you do the four button press and turn on the RC that you are Re- setting the RC Transmitter to the factory default.  this is normally 1.3.  so you must update to 1.6 on the RC .

MAKE SURE THE AIRCRAFT IS ON 1.8 AND THE MASTER RC IS ON VERSION 1.6 FOR TRANSMITTERS , THEN WHEN YOU UPDATE WITH MY FILE ( RC TRANSMITTER FILE ONLY 1.6 ) TO THE SLAVE REMOTE YOU WILL HAVE ALL YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW.  

Follow my directions in the link to the letter.

also , just to confirm  : Yopu did update the aircraft first to 1.8 and then the Master RC to 1.6, the only challenge is getting the slave to load 1.6 correct ? If so my file will work brillinatly.  

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

donnie

2016-6-7
Use props
flow
New

Germany

Thanks,Donnie! 
You are right: the only challenge is getting the slave to load 1.6
I have done all the steps you described in the link.
RC on, two or three red blinking with beeping, then the led turns rosa and then a long time nothing is happening.
After some minutes there is some beeping and then the RC turns off.
No report file on sd-card.
Looks, like the RC is not "touching" the FW-File.

Here I collect my "data":
Aircraft: 1.8.01.00

Master-RC: 1.6.0
App: 2.8.3

Slave-RC: ?
App: 2.8.3

What is next? Any idea anybody?

I am very thankful for every advice!

Thanks,
flow
2016-6-7
Use props