Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Important Notice for Inspire 1 Owners
12Next >
18599 49 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

Required Update
A required update is now available for your DJI Inspire 1. This update will fix an issue that some users may experience with the attitude drift and includes other important updates. Please download the firmware package from the official DJI website and update your aircraft’s firmware immediately.
If you have not yet flown your Inspire 1, please download and update the firmware before your first flight.
You will also receive a notification on the DJI Pilot app warning you to update immediately if using the current version (v1.0.0.1).
| Download Now |
If you are unable to take off after updating, perform an Advanced IMU Calibration. This is found in the DJI Pilot app under MC Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Sensors -> Calibrate-> Advanced.
If you have questions regarding this update or any other concerns about your Inspire 1, please contact us at Inspire1@dji.com.

Propeller Locks
The Inspire 1’s propellers may come off during flight if they are not correctly hand tightened and environmental factors (including sand, heavy dust, or high winds) cause the motors slow down suddenly. To prevent this, DJI is offering free Propeller Locks to all Inspire1 customers.
If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. These Propeller Locks will become available next week, and DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and attaching the Propeller Locks.
| Contact Support |

2015-1-15
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Awesome. About time

2015-1-15
Use props
Drone Down Unde
lvl.4

Australia

Wicked...Thank You.
2015-1-15
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

All updated, took about 5-10 mins, just need the weather on side now to test.

Thankyou DJI
2015-1-15
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

My prop did fly off at 100 meters. There was a wind gust i believe. Do wait for the propeller locks! I did tighten the propeller, I checked this before flight. (Not saying this to seem less stupid). The Bird is in quite good shape but it needs repairs. I really recommend NOT to fly it before the locks arrive.

And DJI !!! Thanks for telling us about this! I know there will be a lot of people being angry, but I am really grateful.

Don't fly without proplocks! Just dont!  ;c)
2015-1-15
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

Downloaded, installed, tested - all great.
2015-1-15
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Seeing as how in stock batteries from DJI ordered over 1 week ago still have not shipped, just how long should I expect to stay grounded while I wait for the proplocks also from DJI? And yes, my Inspire came from DJI so they are supposed to ship me the locks.
2015-1-15
Use props
remko
New

Netherlands

Nice, downloading now.....

Edit: After installing new software my compass rang is just over 1600 constantly. Acceleration is perfect, reading 1,0. Is that a big deal because the range should be between 1400-1600?

2015-1-15
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Downloaded, tested in 15-20mph wind at the moment and took not to high. Absolutely solid as a rock. Alot different to the other day. Packed away till a less windy day. Couldn't he happier
2015-1-15
Use props
lusetti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36506 ft
United States

This post should be a sticky. And in Bold Lettering to UPDATE YOUR INSPIRE 1 BEFORE FLIGHT. WAIT FOR PROP LOCKS!!!!!!
2015-1-15
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I really can't figure all this out. This craft was flown countless times with no problems (no flyaways...no props coming off)...that is because the testers CHECKED THEIR EQUIPMENT before flying. I can only assume that, 1. The Production Inspire was built to a lesser standard (doubtful) 2. DJI is trying to foolproof the Inspire...there are still people who just put-it-on-the-ground-and-takeoff. I don't believe any firmware can correct this attitude. I praise DJI for trying to make a great craft even better...but I still feel a pilot has to check the equipment.
2015-1-15
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Thanks Autumn & (DJI) for getting this out so quick and Confirming to the Public that there was a "BUG" in the Firmware
2015-1-15
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Sweden

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-15 23:10
I really can't figure all this out. This craft was flown countless times with no problems (no flyawa ...

Did check the props before lift off, still prop went off.  Not all can be blamed on novice users.  ;c) However, I think DJI making a great job.
2015-1-15
Use props
umcom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20492 ft
United States

YES!

I've been flying a P2V+ for a year without incident. Yesterday I flew my Inspire 1 for the first time (I watched all the videos, read the manual, updated the UAV and controller to the latest version available as of 1-13-2015). I went to a remote athletic field and first flew the P2V+ so I could compare photos and video from the two. Then I methodically set up the Inspire 1, switched it from transport to liftoff configuration, attached and tightened the props when I put them on and double checked them again after attaching the camera.

I manually lifted off, hovered at about 10-ft off the ground and switched the configuration from liftoff to fly and eased the craft forward about 30-ft and began a gentle left-hand turn and the Inspire dropped like a rock. Inspection revealed one broken propeller and one propeller and the camera were separated from the UAV. I put everything back together, but the camera isn't working. I called the vendor I purchased the Inspire 1 from and they immediately offered to replace the unit. Now I know why they were so quick to offer a replacement.
2015-1-15
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Can you share pictures of the Propeller  locks?
2015-1-15
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

hej@mgns.se Posted at 2015-1-15 23:29
Did check the props before lift off, still prop went off.  Not all can be blamed on novice users.  ...

Is it cold where you are flying...I wonder if the cold weather contracts the shaft from the prop?
2015-1-15
Use props
Barnesville
lvl.2

Canada

Question to DJI... Is the prop lock just a small wrench like came with the P2s or is it some other kind of mechanism?  Can you provide a photo of the locks so we know what to expect?  Also, how did this not occur during the many months of beta testing?
2015-1-15
Use props
Rfeiner
New

United States

Odd, DJI. You have our email information, why would you not supply Prop Locks automatically to a registered owner. I'm about to purchase $4000 of your gear, Do I ask the Hasidic Jewish Sales People about the DJI prop locks? I think your concept needs to change, and you need to OVERNIGHT SHIP prop locks to ALL registered owners, who expect a basic level of service after spending $3300 for a bird and up to $4500 to make it fly!
I will expect MY prop locks FROM YOU before the 30 day return policy at B&H Photo.
2015-1-15
Use props
ras188
lvl.2
United States

Rfeiner Posted at 2015-1-16 02:25
Odd, DJI. You have our email information, why would you not supply Prop Locks automatically to a reg ...

Exactly. How are we supposed to contact B&H and ask for the prop locks? Why not just ship to anyone who enters their serial on a website? Online orders other than DJI direct is going to be a huge hassle getting these prop locks.

DJI - please ship direct to the customers on this one...
2015-1-15
Use props
david.askew
lvl.2

United Kingdom

What exactly is attitude drift? I think i've been having an issue where return to home feature wasn't coming directly back and it was drifting off to the side but still coming back.... i put this down to the wind but now am thinking this could be the issue? Can someone confirm please?

Also I'd love to see a feature in a future update that automatically raises the landing gear when above a certain height like it down to lower it.... simply because i keep forgetting to raise it.... haha
2015-1-15
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Sweden

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-16 01:19
Is it cold where you are flying...I wonder if the cold weather contracts the shaft from the prop?

Not that cold. About 6+ celcius.
2015-1-15
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

I'v bin flying about 10 times already, in cold weather, sometimes 20°, and the props stay tight.
I always  tightened them by hand. I hold the motor and give it a extra tight.

Does everyone do that?
2015-1-15
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-16 05:21
I'v bin flying about 10 times already, in cold weather, sometimes 20°, and the props stay tight.
I ...

Yep...I do
2015-1-15
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Sweden

I ...

Always did that, but when the craft is compensating for a wind gust, the engine comes to a halt, and there is a changs that the prop spins of.  
2015-1-16
Use props
norman.zweyer
New
Thailand

I just updated sucessfull the newest firmware update on the Aircraft. Everthing was smooth and very easy to install.
Following then the info flyer I recieved from my Dealer I tried to update the firm ware on my remote control.
As I did not had sucess I conatacted the support chat from DJI. First they send me a link to a tutorial video how to update the remote.
As this didnt work either they suddenly changed the consuling and said with the newest firm ware update no need to update remote control.
Anyone who can tell me if remote now need to be updated or not.   
2015-1-16
Use props
p-swieconek
New

United States

norman.zweyer Posted at 2015-1-17 01:53
I just updated sucessfull the newest firmware update on the Aircraft. Everthing was smooth and very  ...

Latest firmware didn't require TX update. Check your gs.txt file on your SD card. It will show "cancel" indicating that no upgrade was required. The ab.txt file should show "succesful".
2015-1-16
Use props
norman.zweyer
New
Thailand

p-swieconek Posted at 2015-1-17 02:08
Latest firmware didn't require TX update. Check your gs.txt file on your SD card. It will show "ca ...

Thank you for your fast reply. Guess TX is the remote control.
Still an absolute drone virgin and still need to learn a lot.
However slowly getting annoyed and regretting having purchased this high end toy. Propellers seem to go off and need a propeller lock, batteries and second remote delayed, drone grounded as propeller locks will only come via dealer (if ?), apple app disappears.
I thought I had a ready to fly kit, and first week all went well but know seem running in a lot of challenges...
2015-1-16
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
United States

Ever since I updated the firmware and the app on my iPad I can no longer take pictures well it's taken a video.
Anyone else?
2015-1-16
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad is no longer supported, you will need an android device.
2015-1-16
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

Need help finding carbon fiber shaft...Ours took a spill and broke one of them shafts. Any leads?
Also, what does the Prop Lock look like? How do I know if I got them in my delivery from DJI?
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

unblind Posted at 2015-1-18 02:27
Need help finding carbon fiber shaft...Ours took a spill and broke one of them shafts. Any leads?
Al ...

Not sure about your dealer, but my dealer delivered mine with TWO sets of props in the box.
2015-1-17
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
United States

Ever since I updated the firmware  I can no longer take pictures well it's taken a video.
Anyone else?

On both IOS & Android
2015-1-17
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-18 05:54
Ever since I updated the firmware  I can no longer take pictures well it's taken a video.
Anyone els ...

i had that problem. could've sworn it was possible before
2015-1-18
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
United States

ghoonk Posted at 2015-1-18 23:18
i had that problem. could've sworn it was possible before

It was definitely possible. I was using that option quite a bit, I was taking pictures well videoing all the time.
2015-1-18
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Ah, so I wasn't seeing things. I had a great flight, thought it was capturing the images when I fired the photo shutter, but came home to find only videos. That was really annoying.
2015-1-18
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ras188@gmail.co Posted at 2015-1-16 02:40
Exactly. How are we supposed to contact B&H and ask for the prop locks? Why not just ship to anyon ...

B&H sent out a notice that they will ship them as soon as they have them. If you didn't get the notice you may want to call customer service.
2015-1-18
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

What about the shafts? Where might we find those?
2015-1-21
Use props
pidetectives.em
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ...

I do. Never had and issue
2015-1-21
Use props
olausroe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121040 ft
United Kingdom

david.askew@hot Posted at 2015-1-16 03:05
What exactly is attitude drift? I think i've been having an issue where return to home feature wasn' ...

David, I've had this problem. The Inspire "drifted" away from the home spot and I had to take control to get down safely. It was like landing a hot air balloon. I may have lost GPS but I was so busy trying to land, I didn't get a chance to check the screen. I'm hoping the firmware will resolve this.
2015-1-30
Use props
stuart.youthwat
lvl.1

United States

I believe part of the issue with the propellers is this. You will notice that the motors and the prop studs have a lot of oil on them. This doesn't help period. It would be hard to remove this oil. They have to put oil all over the metal parts because of the importing, sea and storage. Iv seen plenty of imported metal items rust. Here was my solution. Simple and easy. If you are going to risk it as I do. buy wing tape or hinge tape for model airplanes. Put this tape on the stud facing down. Cover the whole stud on all sides and a little on the motor. At this time you will have 2 sides to squeeze together. Next screw on the propeller all the way down and them take it off with the tape. Some tape will remain in the groves. This tape is very sticky and will cause the propeller to no longer freely spin on and off the shaft. It will remove most of the oil. After this do it one more time but leave the tape on. The tape and propeller will stick to the shaft and fill the threads. There are no guarantees but I trust it with my own and had no issues. Never use the tape then loosen the prop or it will not be as strong. You will know how well it works because the prop will get very tight when it goes on.
2015-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules