Timecode in Osmo?
7479 8 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thierry.b
lvl.1

Italy

I've noticed that the .mov shot by Osmo doesn't have any reference timecode.
Now I have a big issue editing off-line the material because when you try to relink to the original shot (with Avid Media Composer) you can find a really mess on your project...
Lacking of timecode you can find another take on your edit...it's a sort of random edit.
Why there is no timecode??
Help please

2016-4-21
Use props
alvintoro
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

I think the Osmo being a consumer product, the implementation of time code is something most of it's DJI's intended audience would've not even known what to do with. But if this was something they could add, I too would benefit greatly from it.
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback!
Your question will be conveyed to our engineers for review.
2016-4-23
Use props
thierry.b
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, thanks.
This issue is essential for professional use (especially with the X5 lens), otherwise it's a serious problem for editing.
I don't know if the Inspire 1 (professional product?) shoot with timecode, otherwise even that it's just for hobby.

Another serious issue is that:
the shot is done in 25p, but if you need to convert it in 25i interlaced (in Europe tv still work in 25i, even hd... :-( ) the NLE software (especially Avid) doesn't be able to convert it
We don't know why, there must be something weird  in the .mov file that disable the conversion.
The best thing would be to have the choice (25i or 25p)...
Thanks     
2016-4-24
Use props
thierry.b@tisca Posted at 2016-4-24 23:40
Hi, thanks.
This issue is essential for professional use (especially with the X5 lens), otherwise i ...

Is there any 25i existing? It should be 50i (50 half frames per second).
2016-4-24
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-24 14:41
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback!
Your question will be conveyed to our engineers for review.

Whilst they're looking at this, can they also implement Timecode into the X5. I was pretty surprised to see the X5R didn't have this on release.
2016-6-22
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It would take a hardware redesign of the Osmo handle to implement timecode, and how many people want to buy a new handle?

If they did produce a new handle, who wants the price increased by an additional $200-300 for the facility?

There's going to be a very small market for it, so I can't see it happening.

As the Osmo has a sound recording facility (1 channel) you can use timecode today if syncing an Osmo to a recorder or another camera(s) is really required. You just need an external sync-source plugged into the mic socket to record audio timecode.

A Tentaclesync box plugged into an Osmo works just fine.

Just my thoughts.

2016-6-22
Use props
thierry.b
lvl.1

Italy

Sorry but it should only be implemented in the next firmware
2016-6-29
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-6-22 02:14
It would take a hardware redesign of the Osmo handle to implement timecode, and how many people want to buy a new handle?

If they did produce a new handle, who wants the price increased by an additional $200-300 for the facility?
I've been testing the tentacle sync plugged into the OSMO X3 today and it is recording the sync signal, but when i try to update it in Davinci Resolve (16) its not providing the proper code. Frame rates are the same but the TC is off enough that it wont sync.

Will do.some more testing.
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules