What chargers do you use?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Just wondering what you all  do on chanrgers for Phantom 3 family?

I know there are replacement as well as additional chargers on the market, including car chargers. I am a bit uncomfortable with all the "rapid" chargers, as I assume they charge at higher A rating, hence they may shorten the battery life? Although I can see an advantage of a car charger, but can it really give me the right amps and watts? Then there are all the "charge few batteries at once" options...

Thx for participation/discussion!

GT
Single SelectVote, Total 42 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-4-24
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396470 ft
United States

I use the 57 watt charger that came with my P3A and bought a 100 watt charger for the batteries
The 100 watt is about 10 to 15 minutes faster charge but I now also have an extra charger for the remote since you're not supposed to charge battery and remote at same time
Don't feel good about any of the aftermarket chargers
2016-4-24
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I want to get the 100w charger using it with my stock charger to charge two batteries at once.
2016-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is no point in getting any fancy after-market charger, as the DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries have all the charging circuitry built into them. All they require to function correctly is a supply of 17.5 volts at about 4 amps.

All the fancy chargers with special cycles and stuff are a waste of time as the battery cells are not exposed to the charger, they are fully under the control of the circuitry inside the battery.

I have one of the low cost $20 car chargers sold on eBay and it works just fine. All it does is use a voltage doubler circuit to lift the 12 volts up to around 17 volts.

2016-4-24
Use props
drago_6999
lvl.2

I watched a youtube video of the 12v car charger for the phantoms and he used a multimeter to check the voltage on the car charger...its exactly the same as the AC unit...its most likely to be perfectly safe
2016-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

With 4 intelligent flight batteries, for my Phantom 3 Pro', I went ahead and purchased a second 100w @DJI charger.
Yeah, it makes my charging twice as much fun. And at only half the time now... Haha
It's a joy to charge two batteries simultaneously and I can also do a battery and RC together...

RedHotPoker
2016-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

185EZ Posted at 2016-4-24 19:33
I use the 57 watt charger that came with my P3A and bought a 100 watt charger for the batteries
The  ...

I found that since the RC takes a bit longer to charge back up, the 100w charger is perfect for the job...
When you see the difference in battery charge times, You will wish you had two 100w chargers... ;-)
It is a good addition and smart purchase for your flight kit.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-25
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Gt,

I bought the DJI 4 battery charging hub that charges four batteries and the RC at the same time. It still just charges a single battery at a time but it does make it much easier. I don't have to watch the charger to change batteries. I plug in four batteries and the RC and when everything is done, I'm ready to go.

Jerry
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

just use the DJI charger...simple and won't void your warranty.
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules