Phantom 3 Standard and Litchi App
7230 18 2016-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129567 ft

I bought my P3Std back in February after lots of research. Back then, as now, lots of people were recommending spending the extra money for the P3 Advance or Pro. I am very happy with my choice. With the money I saved, I got a Pelican Case, the Litchie App, Wondershare Filmora video editor, and an extra P3 battery. I read and watch videos of everything I can find. I stay current on all app and FW updates. I usually fly 1 time a week and go through 2 to 4 batteries.
Below, I have added a video of yesterday's flight along with two screen shots of the Litchi flight path and the Healthy Drones log of the flight. The video is not a cinematic masterpiece. I'm including it and the rest of the info, to show that the Standard has pontential, especially when paired with good software. Please keep in mind that I am a rank beginner at this stuff.  I'm getting decent distance and acceptable results. Any lack of quality is far more my fault than my equipment's.

Healthydrones.com
image.jpeg
image.png
2016-5-30
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Yes, my Standard is a phenominal machine in my opinion. Does everything I want/need and does them VERY well indeed!
2016-5-30
Use props
mvmerk09
lvl.1

Great job with the video!  I really liked seeing the different bridges.  Only suggestion would be a little background on the location and maybe (if available) some history on those older bridges.  
2016-5-30
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
United States

mvmerk09@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-31 09:31
Great job with the video!  I really liked seeing the different bridges.  Only suggestion would be a  ...

Good idea! There is a lot of history in this area. The video was taken on the Merrimack River in New Hampshire. It runs into Massachusetts just a couple of miles south of here. It provided power to the first large scale textile and other manufacturing mills in world. This is the stretch that runs through Hudson and Nashua, NH. Further south are the cities of Lowell and Lawrence, MA. Lowell was once one of the richest cities in the USA. The RR bridge at the end of the video is actually over the Nashua river near where it runs into the Merrimack. I have an awful lot of subject matter to film now that I'm learning to put all of this great stuff to use. I'm not sure what the footings are at the beginning of the video, but I will find out. Thanks for watching and responding.
This video was actually shot as a test run of a Way Point Mission. It ran better than I'd hoped. I want to try a couple of tweaks and re-run the mission. I am amazed at the accuracy of the points of interest and the way points.
2016-5-30
Use props
djchopperd
lvl.1

Canada

Great job on the video.  Yesterday i ventured over the forest and found the river I used to fish in behind my parents place.  I was nerve racking as my drone was just a blip in the sky.  After seeing your video, I will venture even further out.  Love it.  And love the area you live in.

Dan
2016-5-30
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

djchopperd Posted at 2016-5-31 03:42
Great job on the video.  Yesterday i ventured over the forest and found the river I used to fish in  ...

Great Video

What do you tell Litchi to do at the end of your route?

I've not had Litchi long with my P3S and so far I've always planned a return route
Edit: I think I know the answer ... Just looked a healthydrones and I had assumed (wrongly) that you would start near WP1 but looking at your home point it was near WP12 so I assume you flew manually back from there
2016-5-31
Use props
balciatilla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282080 ft
Turkey

be careful with mission flights
http://forum.dji.com/thread-54096-1-1.html
2016-5-31
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
United States

knobbydave@hotm Posted at 2016-5-31 16:13
Great Video

What do you tell Litchi to do at the end of your route?

I had set it to return to home after last WP, but it just hovered for too long. I finally brought it home manually. I'll be working on figuring it all out.. I always end the flights near HP.
2016-5-31
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
United States

balciatilla Posted at 2016-5-31 16:56
be careful with mission flights
http://forum.dji.com/thread-54096-1-1.html

I cringed when I read that post. I always start and end my flights very high. I keep my RTH setting at 90 meters.
2016-5-31
Use props
knobbydave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Boblanglois52 Posted at 2016-5-31 10:06
I cringed when I read that post. I always start and end my flights very high. I keep my RTH settin ...

Yeah, I'd read that post too

I always stay high with WP until I can be sure I can take control

I usually do at least 2 missions, the first generally too high

Then I review the video and fine tune mission 2
I always set my RTH about 50 feet higher than the highest point on my route so (hopefully) I will clear anything when my P3S comes back if I need it

I'm CE here in the UK so my video range is pretty poor (even without the other problems mentioned on the forums) but, so far ... my baby has followed the mission and I have not had to RTH
2016-5-31
Use props
hurring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

Hi Guys
I too have just got a P3S and I am looking at the Litchi software when I am a bit more advanced.  I was just playing on the PC and it has the speed setting set at 0.  When I look at other flights on a waypoint it has speed "cruising speed".  What is the cruising speed of the P3S everyone is using for their missions?  
cheers
Adrian
2016-9-2
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
United States

hurring1 Posted at 2016-9-2 12:16
Hi Guys
I too have just got a P3S and I am looking at the Litchi software when I am a bit more advan ...

Open the settings options. That is where you set the cruising speed.
2016-9-2
Use props
hurring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369199 ft
Australia

Boblanglois52 Posted at 2016-9-3 09:30
Open the settings options. That is where you set the cruising speed.

I found that Boblangois52, that is why I was asking it is set to 0 km/h when I was playing with way points on the computer.  Sorry I wasn't real clear but I was wondering what speed is best 5km/h or 10km/h etc for doing a way point flight and recording video.
cheers
Adrian
2016-9-3
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
United States

hurring1 Posted at 2016-9-3 12:25
I found that Boblangois52, that is why I was asking it is set to 0 km/h when I was playing with wa ...

That really is a personal preference decision. One factor could be the tempo of the music you want to add and the mood you want to convey. Try different speeds. The beauty of the Litchi App. is that you can tweek it to your hearts content and re-create the the same basic flight.
2016-9-4
Use props
chadrob30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

Great video! I also use Filmora but EVERY single time I upload videos to YouTube I get a nastygram from them saying I have violated copyright laws with my included music. I use the music from the app. I would assume that if I bought and paid for a video editing app that the price would include the rights to use the music that comes with the app? Why in the heck include music in the app if nobody can legally use it? I gave up and now use DailyMotion instead of YouTube.
2016-9-7
Use props
ontwowheels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434626 ft
United States

Do folks using the Litchi app see better range with their P3S?  I know the app gives you the ability to pick waypoints outside the radio range but I mean just general better wifi range.

THANKS
2016-11-16
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
United States

ontwowheels Posted at 2016-11-16 10:42
Do folks using the Litchi app see better range with their P3S?  I know the app gives you the ability ...

I haven't  checked the wifi range compared to the Go App. It does allow you to fly further because it programs the AC to perform a mission to conclusion whether or not it maintains wifi contact.
2016-11-17
Use props
tasoskefalas
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys, apologies for barging in. Was wondering l for some advice. I have a phantom 3 standard and the go app on my oneplus 6 is very choppy and laggy with the live feed. Will the litchi app help me get passed this problem? If that makes sense. Thanks!
2018-11-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

OK as an ex P3S flyer ...

I was very happy with my P3S .. I modified so it had greater range than a stock P3A / P .... and that was its downfall .... battery ran out and she went swimming.

But - Videos ... I only do 1080 anyway because I can get a high FPS rate to avoid jitters with lower rate. Its best for upload and editing on normal computers. The video on the P3S was good enough for me.

As to Litchi vs Go .... I never found any difference in video display on tablet ... and of course neither has any influence on range. That is down to Controller - AC connection decides that. The only way Litchi can give you more range is by Autonomous flight where the program has a set route to follow etc.

I have to say that the P3P I now use - I have greater confidence at range with it than the P3S I had even with the modifications. But the P3S served me very well and I dare say that if she had not gone swimming - I would still be flying it now.

Nigel
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules