[Bug] P4 intelligent flight battery firmware bug!
1859 6 2016-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanielMyst777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145276 ft
United States

On the newest battery firmware (v1.1.410), if running the P4 intelligent flight battery down to critical battery levels ~10% charge and try to charge the battery from this low voltage with a standard phantom 4 battery charger, the battery will give a high-voltage error (only the right most light will illuminate and blink three times fast, pause, and blink three times fast again over and over) for a little bit until the charge is around 15-20% then it will show one LED light and show normal charge light indicators. I have tested this on two different batteries both updated to the newest firmware mentioned above. It did not do this behavior on the previous battery firmware when draining and charging the battery less than 10%. It would just blink the one left most LED quickly to indicate current charge and activity.
2016-6-13
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing.   Just to make sure, are you able to charge the battery to 100% with this bug?

2016-6-13
Use props
karl5
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes mine does the same bug ...... spotted it the other day when I was resetting the menu's in DJI Go app on a low battery.
2016-6-14
Use props
DanielMyst777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145276 ft
United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-14 03:08
Thanks for sharing.   Just to make sure, are you able to charge the battery to 100% with this bug?

Yes, I am able to charge the affected batteries up to 100% after experiencing this bug; however, it was quite a shock the first time I noticed it. Thought I had a bad battery or firmware corruption but turns out it is just a firmware bug.
2016-6-14
Use props
zhjc
New

Hong Kong

It's just charge temperature high alarm, it will restore to the normal state after the temperature become lower than 40℃
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Daniel, when you meet this issue again, stop charging and let the battery cool down. 15 minutes later re-charge the battery and this issue will disappear.
2016-6-15
Use props
ahorghei
lvl.1

Norway

How do I update the battery to latest firmware? P4 01.01,0411 RC 1.6.0 Just put in the second battery? Where do I see the firmware?
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules