Inspire 1 1345 Propeller Locks Installation Demonstration
11713 37 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

1345Propeller Locks Announcement

The Inspire 1 Propeller Lock is designed to secure the 1345 propellers in place during flight.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Installation Demonstration:

1.      Tighten the propellers on the motor by hand, and ensure they are securely mounted.
05.jpg
2.      Align the tips of propeller lock with the ventilation holes on the motor and slide the propeller lock onto the nut of propeller.
06.jpg

3.      Press the propeller lock against the motor firmly, and installation is complete.
07.jpg

Examine to ensure the propeller lock is tight onthe motor before each flight.
08.jpg
09.jpg

Video Demonstration:

Click here to download the manual.

Removal:
Squeeze the tips of the propeller lock to release, twist the propeller lock obliquely to separate it from the motor.
After removing, store the propeller locks in a safe place for future use.

Notes
These Propeller Locks will become available next Monday. If you ordered your Inspire 1 from the DJI Online Store, they will automatically be shipped to you. If you purchased your Inspire 1 at an authorized DJI dealer, you can collect them there. DJI recommends that you do not attempt flying your Inspire 1 before receiving and installing the Propeller Locks. If you have to fly your Inspire 1, please ensure the propellers are securely mounted before each flight.

P.S. It has been suggested that using rubber washers between the motors and the propellers will secure the propellers in place. DJI has found that using rubber washers may actually increase the risk of propellers coming off. DJI recommends that you do not attempt placing rubber washers under the propellers.

DJI

10.jpg

2015-1-22
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Yess! TY Autumn  when might we see them for use?
2015-1-22
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Fantastic! I cannot wait for them! As a buyer from DJI direct order, may I hope to have them before 30/Jan?
2015-1-22
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

well done dji please get some shipped out to the uk asap

thankyou again
2015-1-22
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

DJI R&D, Thank you!! This tool  is so much more than  I  expected.
How many  will be shipped  per package? 4 or 6 units?
2015-1-22
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a simple easy to install solution.
2015-1-22
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

UM305 Posted at 2015-1-23 11:37
DJI R&D, Thank you!! This tool  is so much more than  I  expected.
How many  will be shipped  per pa ...

There will be 6 units per package
2015-1-22
Use props
Barnesville
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks for the information in the prop locks DJI.  We're all looking forward to getting them.  I have a question though... I'd like to understand how and why the prop issue did not occur during the months of pre-release testing that occurred?  Can we assume the odd cases of propeller disengagement were the result of not hand tightening the propellers sufficiently.
2015-1-22
Use props
andrew_sera.ema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4964587 ft
United States

wish i could 3D print this instead
2015-1-22
Use props
ablackburn6.ema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

andrew_sera.ema Posted at 2015-1-23 14:02
wish i could 3D print this instead

You can - it's not that complex a shape to replicate in any CAD program. If you have an Inspire 1 you have all the measurements you need. It takes only a little dedicated computer time.
2015-1-22
Use props
lzrman.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7598451 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! simple solution for a simple problem
2015-1-22
Use props
beats.by.djmoon
New

Germany

Video Links does not work.....
2015-1-23
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I can't wait to get mine just to put that worry out of mind every time I fly They look first class just like the Inspire

Mike
2015-1-23
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Awesome and that was also a very quick solution too the problem some were having that none of us will have too endure.
I can only hope that I get a set supplied with my bird when it finally arrives here down under and not have too purchase them separately.

2015-1-23
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the post
2015-1-23
Use props
phunix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300240 ft
Czechia

great... but i would like to have them ... not just on the photo but in real :-/ ... i just received inspire 1 and I'm not sure if i should fly with it or not because of "propellers thing" ....:/
2015-1-26
Use props
mattkurvin
lvl.1
United States

This guy rocks! All you need is access to a 3D printer.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:653920
2015-1-26
Use props
christian
lvl.2

Germany

Anybody knows when this locks will be shipped to the dealers?
Are there dealer´s out there, which have one yet (europe)?

Cheers, Christian
2015-1-27
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my Inspire 1 from B&H, will they ship me the locks or will I have to order them?  The original post just stated "you can collect them there" but I'm not in NY so how would I collect them?
2015-1-27
Use props
stevejg16.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

wtaylor Posted at 2015-1-28 14:10
I ordered my Inspire 1 from B&H, will they ship me the locks or will I have to order them?  The orig ...

B & H has told me they will send the locks to everyone who ordered as soon as the locks come in.
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

stevejg16.gmail Posted at 2015-1-28 21:29
B & H has told me they will send the locks to everyone who ordered as soon as the locks come in.

Thank you Steve for that information.  I just hope I get mine soon.  I ordered it back on Dec 23 and was hoping to have it for something tomorrow, but doesn't appear to be happening.
2015-1-28
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Well, until the DJI propeller locks will arrive I'm all set, thanks to 3D printing
IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2786.JPG
2015-1-28
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

I'll post some photos tomorrow with the finished product, need some careful polishing and maybe some red colour,  for good luck
2015-1-28
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those who don't know, DJI has shipped their locks today. Delivery to NY from China is Monday.
2015-1-28
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-29 00:55
I'll post some photos tomorrow with the finished product, need some careful polishing and maybe some ...

That's pretty sweet, bet you could sell a bunch right now!
2015-1-28
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-29 00:52
Well, until the DJI propeller locks will arrive I'm all set, thanks to 3D printing

Awe dude!! You lucky bastard. That's sick. I wanna see that finished product!!!
2015-1-28
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

stevejg16.gmail Posted at 2015-1-28 21:29

Steve,

Can you tell me who you spoke with about these locks?  My sales person (since they are waiting on my second controller) is telling me that they won't ship with them.  

Thanks
2015-1-29
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Something that would be even better

http://www.dji.com/product/e800

DJI has the real solution on the webpage. Real propeller with real proplocks that should be standard from the beginning on the Inspire 1.  Here they tell about the fast brake funktion. Its unbelievable that they put "self tightening" propellers on this kind of motor.   
2015-1-29
Use props
jbienz.hotmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39567 ft
United States

So, I hope this is just a fluke of the DJI store system, but I just logged into the store and it says they're charging me $2.00 to send me the locks. Actually, it says it's already been charged but I don't see the actual charge on my bank statement. I really hope DJI isn't just charging customers for their mistake and charging them without their permission.

Mani, I don't have a 3D printer but I have access to one. I'd still prefer to use their official ones but since it doesn't seem like there's any place to source some backup locks I'd like to print some. Are you willing to share your design? Thank you for creating that. I think you did an amazing job and they look great.
2015-1-29
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Thank you for your kind words, however this is not my design, all the credit should go to a gentleman name Bjorn Thore, you can find his 3D print file for download here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:653920
Attached there is a photo of my 3D prints, after a little bit of polishing, everything is alright so far
Take care, have a smooth flight
IMG_0923.JPG
2015-1-29
Use props
gsp171.email
lvl.3

United States

cheap plastic junk will not work, what a joke   just use steel safety wire, wonder if they even tested them
2015-1-29
Use props
stevejg16.gmail
lvl.2
United States

wtaylor Posted at 2015-1-29 22:31
Steve,

Can you tell me who you spoke with about these locks?  My sales person (since they are wai ...

I talked to Customer Service who told me the shipping would be immediate. I also have a second controller coming from B & H. I am going to confirm this again on Monday to be sure.
2015-1-30
Use props
guygeva
lvl.2

Israel

What about the new locking system (mount+props) that DJI advertising for the E800 motor kit?
is it going to be available for the inspire too?

Maybe someone from DJI can tell us?
2015-1-31
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

stevejg16.gmail Posted at 2015-1-31 11:20
I talked to Customer Service who told me the shipping would be immediate. I also have a second con ...

Thanks Steve, the sales guy I've been dealing with I pushed to verify the locks and he finally did.  
About the second controller, I've even emailed dji online sales asking when to expect the controllers to be to BH and they haven't replied yet.  BH won't ship me the unit (to start practicing) since I ordered it as a kit and they can't get the second controller.  
2015-2-1
Use props
stevejg16.gmail
lvl.2
United States

wtaylor,
I received a shipping notification today from B & H for my prop locks and I spoke to a rep who told me my second controller should ship out by next week.
2015-2-4
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

Ok I'm not even sure if this makes sense but I wanted to post up in case someone else had the same experience. I installed my prop locks and the following day I took my inspire up for a flight. After take off I climbed to about 5 meters and I noticed that she started drifting, as if I was in atti mode, but I wasn't. Without expecting the drift, she was drifting quickly into a tree, but luckily I was able to ascend quickly enough to miss the branches.

she's flying perfectly and solid as a rock, just found that was some strange behavior for a minute there.

2015-2-18
Use props
Adamos
New

Canada

This was one of the few fine details that had me feeling a bit apprehensive about the drone's safety in flight. Effective solution!
2015-2-23
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

dji please do not send lo value parts signature required I was away and fedex only allows 3 tries
2015-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules