1753 13 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

Phantom 4: the whole TRUTH and MYTHS about the functionality
Phantom 4: вся правда и мифы о функциональности.

DJI knows how to make interesting devices with unique functionality, however, it is not able to competently PR these features.
DJI умеет делать интересные устройства с уникальным функционалом, однако не умеет грамотно пиарить эти возможности.

Question: 01. What is the reaction of the Phantom 4, in a situation when in front of it is glass panel? (Can whether Phantom4 to recognize such an obstacle in front of itself?)
Вопрос: 01. Как поведёт себя Phantom 4, если перед ним будет стекло?

Answer: 01. Glass and any transparent surface can not be recognized, since the front of the AirCraft installed with 2 CAMERAS, NOT the ULTRASONIC SENSORS!
Ответ:01. Стекло — как и любые прозрачные поверхности не могут быть распозананы, поскольку спереди коптера установлены 2 КАМЕРЫ, а НЕ УЛЬТРОЗВУКОВЫЕ ДАТЧИКИ!

Question: 02. What is the reaction of the Phantom 4, in a situation when on it way to meet metal mesh netting? (Can whether Phantom4 to recognize such an obstacle in front of itself?)
Вопрос: 02. Как поведёт себя Phantom 4, если перед ним будет сетка рабица?

Answer: 02. The mesh netting — is probably similar, because the resolution of the camera sensor not likely 4k, so the mesh most likely will not be recognized in time. Phantom4 may and will see the mesh netting, but when it is too late to have time to slow down.
Ответ: 02. Сетка рабица — скорее всего аналогично, ведь разрешение камер датчиков скорее всего не 4k, а значит сетка скорее всего распознана не будет вовремя. Phantom 4 её может и увидит,  но когда уже будет слишком поздно чтобы успеть затормозить.

Question: 03. Through what is the minimum size of the arch it will be able to fly?
Вопрос: 03. Через каких минимальных размеров арку он сможет пролететь?

Question: 03.1 What should be the size of the arch to the Phantom decided to fly around it, and what should be the size of the arch, so Phantom4 decided to fly through the arch?
Вопрос: 03.1 Какой должен быть размер арки чтобы Phantom принял решение облетать её, и какой должен быть размер арки, чтобы Phantom4 принял решение пролететь сквозь арку?

Answer: 03.1 Arch — nowhere in the instructions is not found, where is it written what is the minimum distance between objects, below the Phantom4 decided to fly between them, not to avoid them rising above? IT IS AN OPEN QUESTION.
Ответ: 03.1 Арка — нигде в инструкции не нашёл, где написано какое минимальное расстояние между объектами, чтобы коптер решил пролететь между ними, а не облетить их поднявшись выше? ВОПРОС ОТКРЫТЫЙ.

Question: 04. What is the reaction of the Phantom 4, in a situation when to go right at him, and from behind the Phantom 4 wall that it doesn't know.
Вопрос: 04. Как поведёт себя Phantom 4, если идти на него, а сзади за ним стена, о которой он незнает?

Answer: 04. The movement of the object in the direction of the Phantom 4 — reading the manual did not understand, what will be the reaction of the AirCraft, if you go right at it, when his 2 camera of Obstacle Sensing System focused on you (on approaching the object of sufficient size)? IT IS AN OPEN QUESTION.
Ответ: 04. Движение объекта по направлению на коптер — прочитав инструкцию так и не понял, какая будет реакция у коптера, если идти на него, когда его 2 камеры датчики распознавания направлены на тебя? ВОПРОС ОТКРЫТЫЙ.

Foolishly staggered back and crashed against the wall? Or slightly rising up? Again, not seeing that at the top...
Сдуру попятится назад и разобьётся об стену? Или чуть-чуть подымится вверх? Опять же не видя того что вверху...

Question: 05. What is the reaction of the Phantom 4, in a situation when it sees him flying to meet the ball?
Вопрос: 05. Как поведёт себя Phantom 4, если бросить ему на встречу мяч?

Answer: 05. About flying the ball, most likely the same story as with mesh netting — the subject is too small and moves too fast, to get to see, recognize, and react.
Ответ: 05. Про летящий мяч, скорее всего таже история что и с сеткой рабицей — объект слишком маленький и движется слишком быстро, чтобы успеть его заметить, распознать, и среагировать.

Question: 05.1 Is Phantom4 able to see danger of the motion object, to act in self-preservation?
Вопрос: 05.1 В состоянии ли он увидеть ДВИЖУЩУЮСЯ опасность, для самосохранения?
Answer:
Ответ:

Question: 05.2 What is the minimum size of the objects moving on the ground and in the air, to be noticed Phantom 4?
Вопрос: 05.2 Какого минимального размера должны быть объекты движущиеся по земле и в воздухе, чтобы быть замеченой Phantom4?
Answer:
Ответ:

Question: 05.3 But if not the ball, and say a big truck coming right at Phantom4, will there be any reaction from the AirCraft?
Вопрос: 05.3 Но если не мяч, а скажем большой грузовик едет прямо на него, будет ли какая-то реакция у коптера?
Answer:
Ответ:

Question: 06. What is the reaction of the Phantom 4, in a situation when to go home point (Automatic return to home). Wouldn't it be crazy to fly up not knowing that above it?
Вопрос: 06. Как поведёт себя Phantom 4, при возврате домой (не будет ли со всей дури взлетать вверх не зная что над ним)?

Answer: 06. Return-to-Home (RTH) — THIS IS SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE FORGIVEN DJI, what I described can and SHOULD fix in the firmware. The AirCraft when you turn on RTH, SHOULD NOT fly vertically upwards to a predetermined height return — and needs to climb gradually in the air corridor which it sees using Obstacle Sensing.
Ответ: 06. Return-to-Home (RTH) — ЭТО ТО ЧТО НЕЛЬЗЯ ПРОСТИТЬ DJI, описанное мной можно и НУЖНО исправить в Прошивке. Коптер при включении RTH, НЕ ДОЛЖЕН взлетать вертикально вверх на заданную высоту возврата, а должен набирать высоту постепенно в том воздушном коридоре, который он видит используя Obstacle Sensing.

Question: 06.1 Like previous generation of quadcopters with all the dope soar up at high speed, forgetting the fact that he has eyes that look forward?
Вопрос: 06.1 Как и прошлые поколения квадрокоптеров со всей дури рванёт вверх, забыв о том, что у него есть глаза которые смотрят вперёд?

Question: 06.2 Or Phantom4 will be wise enough to gain altitude when returning home gradually, rising slowly in the air corridor that it sees?
Вопрос: 06.2 Или у него хватит ума набирать высоту при возрвате домой постепенно, медленно поднимаясь в воздушном коридоре который он видет?

Answer:
Ответ:

Question: 07. As in all these cases, the Phantom 4 will behave at night?
Вопрос: 07. Как Phantom 4 поведёт себя во всех этих ситуациях ночью?

Question: 07.1 Sensor recognition obstacles requires sufficient lighting? Or the recognition sensor anyway night or day?
Вопрос: 07.1 Требует ли датчик распознавания препятствия наличия достаточного освещения? Или ему всё равно ночь или день?
Answer: 07.1 Night to detect obstacles Phantom 4 CAN'T, since Phantom are using the 2 CAMERAS, NOT the ULTRASONIC SENSOR.
Ответ: 07.1 Ночью распознать препятствия Phantom 4 НЕ СМОЖЕТ, поскольку используется КАМЕРЫ, а НЕ УЛЬТРАЗВУКОВОЙ СЕНСОР.

Total.
Obstacle recognition will only work if there is good lighting and when the possible obstacles are ahead, are not transparent objects like glass.
Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH and Failsafe RTH — while that is a VERY DANGEROUS MODES, as they can good intentions then to smash Your AirCraft when You least expect it!

Low Battery RTH: history of this mode
I have had a case under the same walnut as on the picture with the Ferrari, when I was going to landing inspire1 on the side of the road, suddenly worked Low Battery RTH and the copter in a moment soared to 50 meters flying a few meters from the branches of the walnut and power lines. Just got lucky.
After all, while I chose a place to land, I flew under the walnut and under electrical transmission lines, if worked Low Battery RTH a few seconds before — the AirCraft would have crashed.
I sincerely hope for the prudence of DJI engineers, they will finalize all the modes Return-to-Home, so the AirCraft did not take off at lightning speed up, and gained altitude slowly moving in the space in which he sees obstacles.
I hope for understanding and support of AirCraft owners in this matter.

Итог.
Распознавание препятствий будет работать, только в случае достаточного освещения и когда возможные препятствия возникают впереди, при этом не являются прозрачными объектами вроде стелка.
Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH and Failsafe RTH — пока что являются ОЧЕНЬ ОПАСНЫМИ РЕЖИМАМИ, поскольку могут из благих побуждений разбить Ваш коптер тогда, когда Вы этого совсем не ждёте!

Low Battery RTH: история с этим режимом
У меня был случай, под тем самым орехом, что на картинке с феррари, когда я собирался садить inspire1 на обочине дороги, вдруг сработал Low Battery RTH и коптер в мгновение взмыл на 50 метров пролетев в считанных метрах от веток ореха и линий электропередач. Просто повезло.
Ведь пока я выбирал место для посадки я пролетал и под орехом и под линиями электро передач, сработай Low Battery RTH на несколько секунд раньше и коптер бы разбился.
Искренне надеюсь на благоразумие инженеров DJI, что они дорабатают все режимы Return-to-Home так, чтобы коптер не взлетал молниеносно вверх, а набирал высоту постепенно двигаясь в том пространстве в котором он видит препятствия.
Надеюсь на понимание и поддержку пользователей коптеров в этом вопросе.

All illustrations this is just the author's imagination on the theoretically possible features of the Phantom.
Все иллюстрации это лишь фантазии автора на теоретически возможный функционал Phantom.

If something of the listed features Phantom can not, but can be corrected — need to modify the firmware (in the first place: function of the automatic
Return-to-Home).
Если что-то из этого не умеет, но можно исправить программно — нужно доработать прошивку (это относится к функции возврата домой).

If something of the listed features Phantom can not, and to fix it in the Phantom 4 cannot please take into account the wishes to the DJI Phantom 5.
Если что-то из этого не умеет, и исправить это в Phantom 4 нельзя — просьба учесть пожелания в Phantom 5.

2016-7-18
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

This should be taken down, your observations are wrong, u actually think this thing should be able to be avoiding a ball kicked @ it, or the fact that you say it says it cant do things that have be said they cant... there are videos posted by DJI thatr tell you there isnt rear or or upward facing sensors, and some of your comments about what the drone should know, you should know before you fly it. THis device has restrictions on it ( pixel size it reconizes for avoidance), but if you totally dependant on the sensors, and have no common sense, you might wanna reconsider purchasing ... You might wanna mention its probably the best drone for the price, might not be perfect, but everything is a risk, and you shouldnt be flying at something just to see if it will avoid it... Youtube search phantom 4 obstacle avoidance, and you will see plenty videos showing you what it can and cant do... or maybe look threw DJI tutorials
2016-7-18
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-18 15:46
This should be taken down, your observations are wrong, u actually think this thing should be able t ...

I was going to ask these questions in March after the announcement of the phantom, but didn't have time to draw illustrations. Then I searched in YouTube but not any video on this topic was not (in March)!
Can representatives DJI to comment for the points (01,02,03,04...) on what opportunities are real, what will be with a firmware update, what to wait only in Phantom 5?
2016-7-18
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to say, I love the idea of the phantom projecting a grid onto the ground when it is under a certain altitude.  Professional photography Speedlites do the same thing, projecting a grid in order to help the camera focus in low light.  I DO fly at sunset and in the dark, and the bird doesn't want to touch down if it can't "see" the ground.  My landings are always rough in the dark because the P4 resists actually touching down, then it doesn't believe that it has touched down and is a little hesitant to allow me to shut off the motors (even a few seconds of the motors not shutting down when the bird is tapping along on the ground is scary).  So now I carry a bright flashlight that I hold in my mouth to light the ground up when landing.  Helps immensely when it is time to touch down.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please read the manual, a lot of the features and limitations are listed.And there are no myths, everything it can and can't do is clearly stated.
2016-7-18
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-18 19:54
Please read the manual, a lot of the features and limitations are listed.And there are no myths, eve ...

DJI-Ken, please give instructions, I do not have Phantom 4, I own a DJI Inspire 1.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ROSTOVisualFX Posted at 2016-7-19 01:11
DJI-Ken, please give instructions, I do not have Phantom 4, I own a DJI Inspire 1.

The P4 manual is in the app.
From the home page, slide to the P3 then choose the P4 from the drop down menu and tap the Academy icon in the top right and the full PDF manual is in there.
2016-7-18
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-18 20:16
The P4 manual is in the app.
From the home page, slide to the P3 then choose the P4 from the drop  ...

1. Why in the DJI Go App on the iOS iPad Air 2, I cannot view a PDF in portrait mode? In landscape not very convenient!
2. How do I had on the tablet to translate the English version of the user — which also text copy protected?
3. Found normal instruction in Russian language here (http://mediaworx.ru/instrukcii/P ... l_RU_v1.2%20NEW.pdf), after reading it, I realized a nervous response from DJI to my post. — Most of these obstacles copter to recognize will not be able.
4. Found nothing about mesh netting — it's seems to be not transparent object like glass?
5. Nowhere in the instructions is not found, where is it written what is the minimum distance between objects, below the Phantom4 decided to fly between them, not to avoid them rising above?
6. I stunned! It turns out the front is fitted with 2 VIDEO CAMERAS — and I was sure that the ultrasonic sensors as below of copter, therefore, it was thought that the presence of light does not matter!
7.  Question: for the function of tracking the object (ActiveTrack) used two cameras to avoid obstacles or everything needed for analysis is taken exclusively from the Main Gimbal 4K Camera?
8. "Flying over monochrome surfaces (e.g. pure black, pure white, pure red, pure green)" — perfect green lawn refers to a monochrome surface?

1. Почему в DJI Go App on iOS iPad Air 2 нельзя просматривать PDF в портретном режиме? В альбомном крайне не удобно!
2. Каким образом по Вашему я должен был на планшете переводить английскую версию инструкции - в которой к тому же текст защищён от копирования?
3. Нашёл нормальную
Инструкцию на Русском языке для Phantom 4 почитав её, понял нервную реакцию представителей DJI на мой пост. — Большинство из перечисленных препядствий коптер распознать не сможет!
4. Нигде ничего не нашёл про сетку Рабицу — это ведь вроде бы и не прозрачный объект как стекло?
5. Где написано какое минимальное расстояние между объектами, чтобы коптер решил пролететь между ними, а не облетить их поднявшись выше?
6. Ё-маё, оказывается спереди установлены 2 ВИДЕОКАМЕРЫ - а я был уверен что ультразвуковые датчики как внизу, поэтому думал что наличие света не имеет значения! Потому и такие картины и навооброжал.

7.  Вопрос, для функции слежения за объектом (ActiveTrack) используются две камеры для избегания препятсвий или всё необходимое для анализа берётся исключительно из Gimbal Main 4K Camera?
8. "Пролетая над монохромной поверхности (например, чисто черный, белый, красный, зеленый)" — идеальный зелёный газон относится к такой монохромной поверхности?

2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ROSTOVisualFX Posted at 2016-7-19 22:21
1. Why in the DJI Go App on the iOS iPad Air 2, I cannot view a PDF in portrait mode? In landscape  ...

7. Active Track uses the main photo/video camera to track the object and the two front cameras for obstacle avoidance.
8. Flying over a perfect green lawn may be like that but it would be outside and you would have GPS to hold position so not to worry.
2016-7-19
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Gradual RTH altitude sounds like a good idea to me, since he P4 can "see" in the forward direction. This will be beneficial when we fly in areas with trees, etc.

Maybe it can be a future enhancement and it can be set as an option.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-19 23:50
Gradual RTH altitude sounds like a good idea to me, since he P4 can "see" in the forward direction.  ...

I don't think that will happen, it's very easy to adjust the RTH features on the fly. If you see trees that you want to fly under then go in the app and change the RTH setting to hover.
2016-7-19
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-19 19:07
I don't think that will happen, it's very easy to adjust the RTH features on the fly. If you see t ...

MD_Icarus, thank you for supporting me.

DJI-Ken, That's not the question, what happens if there is a connection problem with the Remote Controler or work the Low Battery RTH when the Quad will be under the tree, under the bridge, under the lines of electric transmissions, etc? — In all these cases, there will be a disaster quadcopter. And this would be good to warn in the User Manual.

Вопрос не об этом, что будет если произойдёт обрыв связи с пультом, или сработает Low Battery RTH, когда квадрокоптер будет находится под деревом, под мостом, под линиями электро передач и т.п.? — Во всех этих случаях произойдёт катастрофа квадрокоптера. И об этом было бы хорошо предупредить в инструкциях по использованию.

8. Sorry, but the quadcopters are not geodetic GPS with an accuracy of 1cm, and the standard with an accuracy of 2.5 m, so that the Vision Positioning System looks more accurate.
8. Извините, но в коптерах ставятся не геодезические GPS с точностью в 1см, а самый обычный с точностью 2.5м, так что Vision Positioning System выглядит более точным.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ROSTOVisualFX Posted at 2016-7-20 00:58
MD_Icarus, thank you for supporting me.

First off, you should not be far from you to bet the aircraft to go into  low battery RTH mode. You should have already landed by then. And if you plan on flying under trees then set the RTH to hover if you insist on fly the battery down so far that it goes into low battery RTH mode. it will hover, then when the battery gets too low it will land right there. So I don't know what you mean by there will be a disaster.

8. This isn't an industrial multirotor, it's a hobby one. You are not going to get 1cm hovering accuracy with it.
2016-7-19
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

Here is an important excerpt from the User Manual of the Phantom 4 to the theme of this topic:

Failsafe Safety Notices Failsafe Важная информация по технике безопасности The aircraft cannot avoid obstruction during the Failsafe RTH when the Obstacle Sensing System is disabled. Therefore, it is important to set an suitable Failsafe altitude before each flight.
Launch the DJI GO app and enter “Camera” and select “MODE > Advanced Settings > Failsafe mode” to set the Failsafe altitude.
— Should have been clearer to write, and you might think that in General the RTH does not work obstacle detection system. It works. It was correct to say: that the copter can not avoid obstacles when returning home in all modes except for mode P.

Коптер не может избежать препятствий во время Failsafe RTH когда система обнаружения препятствий отключена. Поэтому важно установить подходящую высоту возврата перед каждым полетом.
Запустите приложение DJI GO и введите “Camera”, затем выберите “MODE > Advanced Settings > Failsafe mode”, чтобы установить высоту возврата.  
— Нужно было яснее написать, а то можно подумать, что вообще в режиме RTH не работает система обнаружения препятствий. Она работает. Правильнее было сказать: что коптер не может избегать препятсвий при возрвате домой во всех режимах кроме режима P.  

If the aircraft is flying under 20 meters (65 feet) and Failsafe (including Smart RTH, Lower Battery RTH ) is triggered, the aircraft will first automatically ascend to 20 meters (65 feet) from the current altitude. You can only cancel the ascending by exiting the Failsafe. Refer to “RTH Button” on page 33 for more information on how to exit the Failsafe and regain the control of the remote controller.

Если коптер летит ниже 20 метров и срабатывает Failsafe (в том числе Smart RTH, Lower Battery RTH), коптер сначала автоматически поднимется до 20 метров от текущей высоты.
Вы можете прекратить подъём коптера, только отменив автовозврат. Обратитесь к разделу “RTH Button” на странице 33 для получения дополнительной информации о том, как выйти из Failsafe и вернуть себе контроль над пультом дистанционного управления.

if you move the left stick after the aircraft rises above 65 feet (20m) but below the pre-set Failsafe RTH altitude, the aircraft will stop ascending and immediately return to the Home Point.

Если вы переместите ручку газа после того, как самолет поднимается выше 20 метров, но ниже заданной высоты  возврата, то коптер остановит подъём и немедленно вернётся к Точке Дом.

Obstacle Avoidance During FailSafe RTH
Aircraft can now sense and actively attempt to avoid obstacle during FailSafe RTH, provided that the light condition is ideal for the Obstacle Sensing System. The details on how the aircraft will behave during obstacle avoid is listed below: 1. Aircraft decelerates when an obstacle is sensed at 65 feet (20 meters) ahead. 2. Aircraft stops and hover then start ascending vertically to avoid the obstacle. Eventually, the aircraft will stop climbing when it is at least 16 feet (5 meters) above the detected obstacle. 3. Failsafe RTH procedure resume, the aircraft will continue flying to the Home Point at the current altitude.

Обход препятствий во время FailSafe RTH Коптер теперь может обнаруживать и активно пытаться избегать препятствия во время авто возврата (FailSafe RTH), при условии, что освещённость идеальна для системы обнаружения препятствий. Подробности о том, как коптер будет вести себя при встрече с препятствиями приведены ниже: 1. Коптер замедляется когда когда в 20 метрах перед коптером обнаруживается препятствие. 2. Коптер останавливается и зависает, потом начинает подниматься вертикально, чтобы избежать препятствий. В конце концов, коптер прекратит подъём, когда высота над обнаруженным препятствием составит не менее пяти метров. 3. Процедура возврата (Failsafe RTH) возобновить, и коптер продолжит полет к домашней точке на текущей высоте.  

To ensure the aircraft is heading towards the static direction, you cannot rotate the aircraft during FailSafe RTH while Obstacle Sensing System is enabled. The aircraft cannot avoid the obstacle that is direct above the aircraft.
— But in spite of that thoughtlessly flies straight up when you enable any of the modes RTH.

Чтобы обеспечить коптеру статичное движение, Вы не можете поворачивать коптер в режиме FailSafe RTH пока включена система обнаружения препятствий. Коптер не может обнаружить препятствие, которое находится непосредственно над коптером.
— Но не смотря на это бездумно летит вертикально вверх при включении любого из режимов RTH.

Aircraft can automatically avoid obstacle or initiate break and then hover automatically during the flight, provided that the lighting is not too dark ( < 300 lux) nor too bright ( > 10,000 lux)

Коптер может автоматически избегать препятствия или остановиться во время полета, при условии, что освещение не слишком темное (<300 люкс), и не слишком яркое (> 10 000 люкс).  

In addition, the aircraft speed cannot exceed over 8 meter/second so that the aircraft can break and stop at the safe distance.

Кроме того, скорость коптера не должна превышать более 8 м / сек, что бы он смог остановиться на безопасном расстоянии.  

DO NOT guide the aircraft to fly towards people, animals, small and fine objects (e.g. tree branches and power lines) or transparent objects (e.g. glass or water surface).

НЕ направляйте коптер в сторону людей, животных, мелких объектов (например, ветви деревьев и  линииэлектропередач) или прозрачных объектов (например, стеклянных или к поверхности воды).

Download: Phantom 4 USER MANUAL (English)
Download: Phantom 4 Руководство пользователя (на Русском)

2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules